Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,955 Members 52,861 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q&A] Help thread. Ask away! (Noob friendly)

Tip us?

Cholerabob
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Is there somewhere on the phone or with an app that you can see the Cell Bands that the phone is able to use ?

erikieperikie
Old
Thanks Meter 33

DONATE TO ME
I have somehow lost my Hangouts app. I used Titanium Backup Pro to backup it, then I uninstalled it (I wanted to completely wipe the app+data) and then I tried restoring the app from the backup, without the data. This took too long (minutes), so I rebooted my device. After the reboot I found Hangouts installed and working, but a reboot later that day makes Hangouts force close everytime I open it. What should I do to fix this?

I can't find the app on the Play Store. Browsing to the Play Store on my computer says the app is incompatible with my device. How come?

I already tried fixing it by extracting the .apk file from the GApps .zip file and installing it. This install an old version, but I cannot update it through the Play Store because (probably) it still thinks I can't install the app on my OPO.

If you know something that could fix this, please share! I'm not sure if this is a device specific problem or general. Please direct me to the right forum, if I'm not posting in the correct one.

Phone History

Phone
OnePlus One
Code:
PRODUCT_NAME       {bacon}
VARIANT            {64GB Sandstone}
LOCK STATE         {unlocked}
RECOVERY           {TWRP 2.8.0.1}
ROM                {CM11S}
ROOT STATUS        {YES}
Other
Asus Nexus 7˛°ął 32GB

florin24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hey guys!
I just got my OPO and I updated it to 30o. It came with 22. But now i seems it can't find 33r. I only tried to restart the phone but it still won't find anything.
Does anybody know how to fix this?

timmaaa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 6,192

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by florin24 View Post
Hey guys!
I just got my OPO and I updated it to 30o. It came with 22. But now i seems it can't find 33r. I only tried to restart the phone but it still won't find anything.
Does anybody know how to fix this?
You can download it and install it manually using either the stock recovery or TWRP recovery.

Transmitted via Bacon
OnePlus One | crDroid/AK | TWRP 2.7.1.1

Do not PM me asking for assistance, that's what my Q&A thread is for!
The Following User Says Thank You to timmaaa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

florin24
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thaks!
It somehaow found the update a few minutes ago.

samstone86
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyBeRDuDeDK View Post
So I got my OPO friday.
Unlocked bootloader, flashed custom recover (CWM), in order to try out different Radio's as I was getting choppy voice.
A couple days later I was now trying to root it, because I hadn't rooted it earlier.
But for some explainable reason, my "fastboot oem device-info" tells says that Tamper is true, and Bootloader unlocked: false
Running on R33.

This has gotten me to a state where I'm kind of stuck and don't exactly know how to continue.
I can't "Fastboot boot" a new recovery, "fastboot oem unlock" doesn't do anything. I can't install anything unsigned as bootloader is locked

I'm not really sure what to do next?
I don't care about loosing all data on the phone, I don't really have anything of relevance yet.
I've been looking at "[MOD] OnePlus One Unlocker: Reset Unlock & Tamper Bit", but due to me being on R33 apparently I can't remote load anything. And generally there is no info in that thread whether I will risk bricking using that.

Do I just flash in the "original" 33R? Should that be possible? Even though bootloader is locked? Or where am I positioned?
It should be possible to flash the original image and then try to unlock it again. Maybe its enough to flash the ota again.

indesisiv
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholerabob View Post
Is there somewhere on the phone or with an app that you can see the Cell Bands that the phone is able to use ?
Sure there must be but for info.

Bands
Please see this thread before posting!!

Don't be afraid of the thanks button!!

htcdesire26s
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Hi people I've got yahoo email set up on my 1+ but Cuz its checking for mail a lot its using a lot of my data is there a way o can can change from checking to every hour or so

Thanks for help

Sent from my A0001 using XDA Free mobile app