FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Is there a way to keep other gestures on but turn off double tap to wake?

10th April 2014, 09:43 AM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I am quickly finding that double tap to wake may be too sensitive for me. I am constantly finding my phone awake without intentionally trying to turn it on. Is there a way to either just turn off that one gesture or drop the sensitivity?

Thanks
Z

10th April 2014, 10:19 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I don't know but i need it also.
10th April 2014, 12:26 PM |#3  
Flag Corpus Christi, TX
Thanks Meter: 162

More
I found that the other gestures were the ones waking my phone and double tap was the only good one. Just swiping across the screen when it's off shouldn't unlock the phone. I can't stand those gestures.

--
Sent from my HTC One M8
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBiles For This Useful Post: [ View ]
10th April 2014, 01:46 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiles

I found that the other gestures were the ones waking my phone and double tap was the only good one. Just swiping across the screen when it's off shouldn't unlock the phone. I can't stand those gestures.

--
Sent from my HTC One M8

Ditto for me, but it seems like an all or nothing deal. I could be wrong though, and I hope someone will eventually figure out how to disable the others, but until then I enabled a pattern lock so it'll stop getting unlocked accidentally.
10th April 2014, 04:55 PM |#5  
Flag sioux falls SD
Thanks Meter: 1,697

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBiles

--
Sent from my HTC One M8

I like the gestures, but I'm the same, double tap to wake is great. And the Swype gestures are good too, but I have a problem with Them. I can't even clean my screen without the phone coming on. And installing the screen protector, I had to turn it off completely.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th September 2014, 04:09 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zounduser

I like the gestures, but I'm the same, double tap to wake is great. And the Swype gestures are good too, but I have a problem with Them. I can't even clean my screen without the phone coming on. And installing the screen protector, I had to turn it off completely.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

you can Disable other Gestures in Motion and Gestures settings. . ?
other then Double Tap i always found every other gesture kind of "useless"
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread