Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,147 Members 51,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Towel root

Tip us?

DriftKi7Vg
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Question for anyone who can answer it correctly; would un rooting a phone (with knox tripped) and installing a fresh stock firmware then re-rooting it with this method and placing a custom rom on it would keep the knox un touched or would it still be tripped?

dwarfer66
Old
Thanks Meter 501
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftKi7Vg View Post
Question for anyone who can answer it correctly; would un rooting a phone (with knox tripped) and installing a fresh stock firmware then re-rooting it with this method and placing a custom rom on it would keep the knox un touched or would it still be tripped?
Once Knox is tripped, it's tripped no way to fix that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 (int)
Rom: [4.4.2][XXUGNG8] The Echoe Rom v29 <AEL Kernel v6B> & The Sickness Mod v5

DriftKi7Vg
Old
Thanks Meter 18

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfer66 View Post
Once Knox is tripped, it's tripped no way to fix that.
Didn't really want to hear that but oh well. I bought my phone unlocked online so no need for any warranty, I'm pretty confident in myself to know how to fix an internal problem if I have one (or external). Thank you for the reply
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Device: Samsung Galaxy SIV I9505
Current Rom: Echoe Rom v25.1
Kernel: AEL v3 Hybrid

rileymac14
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poroto View Post
it works
What android version are you running? I have 4.4.2 and it wasn't working for me.

Stephen88
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Hi guys I have a question, if I root samsung firmware 4.4.2 with knox 0x0 with this tool and after I want install TWRP recovery, this trip my knox counter or leave it free?
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 16 GB
Rom: Samy Deluxe S5 Style Operation Ivy
Kernel: Googy-Max3 1.1.3
Baseband: XXUFNC9 + RIL FNC9 + LTE XXUGNG2
Bootloader Knox 4.4.2

Asus EEE Pad Transformer - Sold
LG Optimus 2x - Sold
HTC Desire - Sold
HTC Touch HD - Sold
Nokia 6680 - In the Drawer
Sony Ericsson T610 - Dead
Panasonic GD90 - Stolen..
Alcatel Easy Touch - Sold

agentdeep
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen88 View Post
Hi guys I have a question, if I root samsung firmware 4.4.2 with knox 0x0 with this tool and after I want install TWRP recovery, this trip my knox counter or leave it free?
custom recovery will trip knox
The Following User Says Thank You to agentdeep For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Marcopolosm
Old
(Last edited by Marcopolosm; Yesterday at 08:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I also successfully rooted my tmobile M919 on 4.4.2 with towelroot. I then installed SU from chainfires site and next installed CWM from ROM manager. My knox counter is tripped, but oh well.

The thing I have noticed is that, since root, some applications that want to access the SD card are having trouble. For instance, Flipboard opens and runs ok, but there are no pictures. Kindle reading app cannot downnload my book to the device. It will sync them, but hangs when asked to download them. ESPN app would not download podcasts, UNTIL I switched the storage location from external to internal storage. (I ttried to change the Cache from external to internal in flipboard, but the application force closes everytime i try to make that switch - another indication that certain apps are having trouble with extrnal storage.

I have tried another SD card, but still no go.

Any ideas? Thanks

(also, if I were to decide to unroot, would the simplest way be to do it through SU ?

Sent from my SGH-T779 using XDA Free mobile app