Towel root

OP gainstatom

28th June 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #11  
Flag Callaway
Thanks Meter: 18

19 posts
Donate to Me
More
Question for anyone who can answer it correctly; would un rooting a phone (with knox tripped) and installing a fresh stock firmware then re-rooting it with this method and placing a custom rom on it would keep the knox un touched or would it still be tripped?
29th June 2014, 05:45 AM   |  #12  
Flag Perth
Thanks Meter: 522

464 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriftKi7Vg

Question for anyone who can answer it correctly; would un rooting a phone (with knox tripped) and installing a fresh stock firmware then re-rooting it with this method and placing a custom rom on it would keep the knox un touched or would it still be tripped?

Once Knox is tripped, it's tripped no way to fix that.
29th June 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #13  
Flag Callaway

19 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwarfer66

Once Knox is tripped, it's tripped no way to fix that.

Didn't really want to hear that but oh well. I bought my phone unlocked online so no need for any warranty, I'm pretty confident in myself to know how to fix an internal problem if I have one (or external). Thank you for the reply
2nd July 2014, 06:52 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
not working
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poroto

it works

What android version are you running? I have 4.4.2 and it wasn't working for me.
3rd August 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 15

357 posts
Hi guys I have a question, if I root samsung firmware 4.4.2 with knox 0x0 with this tool and after I want install TWRP recovery, this trip my knox counter or leave it free?
3rd August 2014, 08:42 AM   |  #16  

137 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen88

Hi guys I have a question, if I root samsung firmware 4.4.2 with knox 0x0 with this tool and after I want install TWRP recovery, this trip my knox counter or leave it free?

custom recovery will trip knox
The Following User Says Thank You to agentdeep For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I also successfully rooted my tmobile M919 on 4.4.2 with towelroot. I then installed SU from chainfires site and next installed CWM from ROM manager. My knox counter is tripped, but oh well.

The thing I have noticed is that, since root, some applications that want to access the SD card are having trouble. For instance, Flipboard opens and runs ok, but there are no pictures. Kindle reading app cannot downnload my book to the device. It will sync them, but hangs when asked to download them. ESPN app would not download podcasts, UNTIL I switched the storage location from external to internal storage. (I ttried to change the Cache from external to internal in flipboard, but the application force closes everytime i try to make that switch - another indication that certain apps are having trouble with extrnal storage.

I have tried another SD card, but still no go.

Any ideas? Thanks

(also, if I were to decide to unroot, would the simplest way be to do it through SU ?

Sent from my SGH-T779 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by Marcopolosm; 16th September 2014 at 08:44 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread