[Q&A] OmniROM 4.4.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

LeopardSurd

May 31, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
Danke schön, Olivier. Ok, I'll try to help you as well as I can. I thought that you have only a Xperia S because of your signature. In fact, it's not strange to compile a ROM without having the phone. :)

GoodToF

Aug 13, 2013
Hi guys, i found the way to do the OTA. Sorry for asking the question that had been answered. I found that i can't change the picture size for camera. It will show FC error. I'm on latest build

Sent from my Xperia L using XDA Free mobile app

LeopardSurd

May 31, 2009
Cluj-Napoca
No, I whipe nothing after an OTA update. I just let the process to come to the end and then I use the phone.

At this moment, there are still some little bugs like "scan effect when screen is locked" (it tends to appears after a restart), animation when screen is off (it doesn't change), the headset button bug and the music playback hangs (sometime the music player tends to hang when easy multitasking). I forgot also emoji bug, low in call volume when using headset and the impossibility to change the in call volume during a call.

Last edited:

fatino

Oct 4, 2010
I'm on CM11 and there's problem with laggy video recording. Is this bug on this rom as well? It says the same bugs as CM11 but maybe there's a difference between camera apps or sth.

Nov 7, 2012
Excuse me
I can't play video in Instagram and Gallery in this Omni, but in CM i can play it. So what's the problem?

Thank you

Sent from my Xperia L using Tapatalk

Raj joshi

Jul 21, 2012
Mumbai
@Olivier
There's a glinch in latest official nighty while picking up the call..the black screen comes with a transperent glinch so we can see the caller screen that must appear after we pick up the call..that screen is visible before we pick it up..it's not present in any ROMs except Omni..please look into it..Thanks

Olivier

Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 6, 2011
If could just provide a screenshot or two and use DevDB for reporting bugs - that would be great. :D

Gesendet von meinem Xperia Z mit Tapatalk

Raj joshi

Jul 21, 2012
Mumbai
@Olivier

See this bug..sorry couldn't use DevDB as i could not use it on the app :)

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1409937321428.jpg
    1409937321428.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 107

Dev.Katalyst

Oct 28, 2011
Jabalpur
Roaming icon problem.

Just like stock rom , omni also shows the roaming icon on Tata docomo when i'm not even in the roaming area, I'm currently on CM11 nightly and it doesnt have this bug.

Joel16

Sep 3, 2013
Thank you @Olivier Omni ROM is perfectly working. Deep sleep, GPS.. all :)
Only once when I pressed power button to unlock phone display stayed black but after sometime phone reacted and from that time It never came up again.
Thank you so much I was on CM 11 but Omni is way better.

Yeah same with me, switched to Omni from CM. The HW composer issue seems a bit different on this rom though. On CM11 it only used to happen a few minutes after boot (if it went to sleep), but on this rom once the phone goes to sleep for the first time after it is powered on, the issue will occur. Then, it doesn't occur again until the phone is powered off and on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry guys, but please don't expect anything from me after what happened lately. But before I leave, I want to clarify some things (I have read some posts) and comment on some statements:
    - I reported Varun, that's true, and you all know why. But I never wanted his thread closed (why should I?).
    - To those who think I don't own the device: I do, sort of (so no, I don't do blind builds) - however, my sister uses it, hence it's not listed under "Devices I use(d)" in my signature.
    - Unlike some people claim, I don't coerce or harass on XDA - check my posts and prove me wrong?
    - I wasn't involved in the fight between Varun and Brinly at all.
    - I didn't intend to defame anyone.

To those who want Omni 5.0 or whatever, contact David Makarove, I'm sure he'll gladly do it.
    Feel free to PM me should there be any further questions. Just don't believe everything you see in that facebook group.

Thanks and bye, it was nice here.
    The led illumination while charging is fixed in the latest nightly :) 9/18/14.
    I just needa check if the OTA works tomorrow.
    Thanks for the confirmation, I pushed a fix (props to Varun) but forgot to ask you to test it. I think I'll flash Omni soon and see what I can do to fix the other bugs.
    you don't own any Xperia L, as far I understand.

Who has spread this rumor? I do own this device, but I don't use it as a daily driver for several reasons I don't need to elaborate on.
    Listen, I don't want to come across as rude, but please, kindly (re-)read my previous post.

Gesendet von meinem Xperia S mit Tapatalk
    That's rather a problem with the adreno blobs. Merging latest upstream from CAF is nice, but not necessarily required since the kernel is not that old.
    As for multiwindow - it hasn't been merged yet since it's an experimental feature.
    What's the problem with the nightlies?