Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,645 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Evervolv | 4.0.0p1 [AOSP 4.4.4] [3.4 kernel] [Nightlies] With /data/media

Tip us?

Jinjur
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEYSAKZ View Post
Turn off OK Google hotword detection in Google search common problem but the app is fully functional with regards to voice search just have to touch the microphone.
Ok, will do. Thanks bud.

On another note, when i view all running apps, i don see the little button to close them all at once.

Is this supposed to be in this release and if not, is there an easy way to get it there without 3rd party?

A

MIKEYSAKZ
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinjur View Post
Ok, will do. Thanks bud.

On another note, when i view all running apps, i don see the little button to close them all at once.

Is this supposed to be in this release and if not, is there an easy way to get it there without 3rd party?

A
With evervolve sacrifice a couple bells and whistles for the ultimate stability .
I'm pretty sure you can install xposed framework and customize to your hearts content

Jinjur
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
With evervolve sacrifice a couple bells and whistles for the ultimate stability .
I'm pretty sure you can install xposed framework and customize to your hearts content
Hey bud...don't get me wrong. This the best my TP has EVER been and I am over the moon.

I am just very aware that I am new to this stuff ( relatively speaking compared to you guys) and know I have much to learn or thought I was missing it in a customization. No biggie if it isn't there and I have read that it isn't great for the battery anyway (quoted from Google themselves)

Thanks for the reply buddy

J

Guessphx
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Is it safe to flash coming from this rom. Im on android ev tenderloin 4.3.1 and i havent flashed anything besides this rom. Please help i would love to be on kitkat. I took a screen shot of the build im on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-11-16-26-39.png
Views:	167
Size:	221.1 KB
ID:	2933648  

MIKEYSAKZ
Old
Thanks Meter 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessphx View Post
Is it safe to flash coming from this rom. Im on android ev tenderloin 4.3.1 and i havent flashed anything besides this rom. Please help i would love to be on kitkat. I took a screen shot of the build im on.
You have to rework your volumes, you have to install a data media recovery and rom. All can be done quite simply and quickly with the touchpad toolbox. However without the toolbox you must run something like tailor in webos to resize your volumes to support a data media rom

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

nevertells2
Old
Thanks Meter 600
Quote:
You have to rework your volumes, you have to install a data media recovery and rom. All can be done quite simply and quickly with the touchpad toolbox. However without the toolbox you must run something like tailor in webos to resize your volumes to support a data media rom

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app
You do know that there are relatively easy methods using zips flashed from recovery to resize your volumes in preparation for installing a data/media Rom. Using Tailor can turn into a rather long process if it has to repair volumes before resizing them.

NT
The Following User Says Thank You to nevertells2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Trainer_H
Old
Thanks Meter 16
What are the differences between /dataa/media, no-/data/media and /data/media 4g.

I didn't know which one i usw but i wan't use this legacy folder.

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA Free mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1410798601297.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (49.0 KB, 126 views)

nevertells2
Old
Thanks Meter 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainer_H View Post
What are the differences between /dataa/media, no-/data/media and /data/media 4g.

I didn't know which one i usw but i wan't use this legacy folder.

Sent from my Touchpad using XDA Free mobile app
@ Trainer_H,

You should not be installing data/media Roms if you do not understand what a data/media Rom is, how to install it and the caveats of installing one. Between the XDA and Rootzwiki forums, there is tons of information on everything I just mentioned. Rolanddeschains79 had created several videos on installing data/media Roms and using J.C. Sullin's TouchPad Toolbox to install them Sullin's even started a thread himself that explains what his toolbox is and how to use it. You need to put Google to work and educate yourself before trying anything else.

NT

Mgamerz
Old
Thanks Meter 129
I found expanding data was not as easy as "a Google search". Tons of content is far out of date and it literally took me hours. The post I eventually found was very confusing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Click Thanks if my post helped you It's like the free version of donating

T-Mobile $30 a month Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Primary
Sprint LG Mach - Secondary
Nexus 7 (not even rooted!)

Nokia N810 (Maemo)
HP Touchpad (WebOS)
Motorola Atrix (Gingerbread) - Sold due to OEM never keeping promises

nevertells2
Old
Thanks Meter 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgamerz View Post
I found expanding data was not as easy as "a Google search". Tons of content is far out of date and it literally took me hours. The post I eventually found was very confusing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Then you are not looking in the right places.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/179730-ro...uper-easy-way/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2756314

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/40107-rom...e-hp-touchpad/ (post #2)

NT