OP BenzoX

4th September 2014, 08:38 AM   |  #81  
Flag New Delhi
Thanks Meter: 13

196 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenzoX

Okay, so you have to flash bada (or format mmcblk0p2 to fat) IF you want to have internal sdcard (not mandatory), partition EXTERNAL sdcard (with Tigrouzen's script or however you want), modify updater script in zip, put sd kernel on sd, format system, cache and data from recovery and flash zip.
Use PM or PM in IRC channel #badadroid on freenode if you have question not directly in topic with the thread.

390 mb is already in fat format

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

now getting, loadfile err,nt found error
4th September 2014, 10:16 AM   |  #82  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 253

263 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeraj797

390 mb is already in fat format

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:56 PM ----------

now getting, loadfile err,nt found error

On last kernel no more internal sd support.

If this is Fota problem/message, that's none of my business, see the documentation of your fota to solve such problem.
By the way, you can't use badadroid fota with nand kernel, only SD fota (omni, mine, ihavenick one...)
Last edited by BenzoX; 4th September 2014 at 10:24 AM.
8th September 2014, 02:16 PM   |  #83  
Flag New Delhi

196 posts
More
bro, why the hell you have provided partition option in this rom and made it compulsary???????
i am facing damn issues wih it

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

after reading instructions,i got even more confused, how can we partition 390 mb data into partitions with more size????????
looks like partition is for nand, which in EXTERNAL SD not SD.Benzox, correct me if i am wrong
8th September 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #84  
OP Senior Member

263 posts
Quote:

bro, why the hell you have provided partition option in this rom and made it compulsary???????
i am facing damn issues wih it

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

after reading instructions,i got even more confused, how can we partition 390 mb data into partitions with more size????????
looks like partition is for nand, which in EXTERNAL SD not SD.Benzox, correct me if i am wrong

I provided this at first for source code, to allow people to add it in their ROM.
Sadly, almosts all roms have uncompatible updater-script, which make it impossible to use without modifying some stuff -> some knowledge is needed.

In short : with sd kernel you have obviously to partition your sd manually (or with Tigrouzen Scripts). You don't have to touch to nand (except v1.2 and older, where, IF YOU WANT, you can have access to internal memory.
With nand kernel you have to have your nand formated ext/Fat/ext on some kernel or ext/ext/ext on thoses without internal SD support.
You can partition either manually, either by flashing bada, or by doing "format cache, format data" from recovery. (this will not work on kernel with internal sd support if 2nd partition of nand is not fat)
For information, flashing bada format to Fat/Fat/Fat, which is good and you just have to format /data and /cache from recovery.

Last i have to say, i don't remember which partition goes where, so maybe script by Tigrouzen to format Nand may not work (because trying to put system on a 20MB partition is not a good thing).

Please read this post and OP several time before asking another question, i think everything you have to know is in one of those
9th September 2014, 12:41 PM   |  #85  
Flag New Delhi

196 posts
More
Quote:

I provided this at first for source code, to allow people to add it in their ROM.
Sadly, almosts all roms have uncompatible updater-script, which make it impossible to use without modifying some stuff -> some knowledge is needed.

In short : with sd kernel you have obviously to partition your sd manually (or with Tigrouzen Scripts). You don't have to touch to nand (except v1.2 and older, where, IF YOU WANT, you can have access to internal memory.
With nand kernel you have to have your nand formated ext/Fat/ext on some kernel or ext/ext/ext on thoses without internal SD support.
You can partition either manually, either by flashing bada, or by doing "format cache, format data" from recovery. (this will not work on kernel with internal sd support if 2nd partition of nand is not fat)
For information, flashing bada format to Fat/Fat/Fat, which is good and you just have to format /data and /cache from recovery.

Last i have to say, i don't remember which partition goes where, so maybe script by Tigrouzen to format Nand may not work (because trying to put system on a 20MB partition is not a good thing).

Please read this post and OP several time before asking another question, i think everything you have to know is in one of those

ok,just explain me in simple words,how should i partition internal sd card (390 mb) in how many parts and which format?????
9th September 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #86  
OP Senior Member

263 posts
Quote:

ok,just explain me in simple words,how should i partition internal sd card (390 mb) in how many parts and which format?????

Internal SD is just 2nd partition of internal memory.

For SD kernel WITH internal sd support : 1 part, fat (flashing bada is a good way to do it)
For SD kernel WITHOUT internal sd support : not needed
For Nand kernel WITH internal sd support : 1 part, fat (flashing bada is a good way to do it)
For Nand kernel WITHOUT internal sd support : not needed BUT you have to format it via recovery -> mount and storage, format /data, format /cache.
10th September 2014, 08:37 AM   |  #87  
Flag New Delhi

196 posts
More
Quote:

Internal SD is just 2nd partition of internal memory.

For SD kernel WITH internal sd support : 1 part, fat (flashing bada is a good way to do it)
For SD kernel WITHOUT internal sd support : not needed
For Nand kernel WITH internal sd support : 1 part, fat (flashing bada is a good way to do it)
For Nand kernel WITHOUT internal sd support : not needed BUT you have to format it via recovery -> mount and storage, format /data, format /cache.

ok. i am opting your second option.That means i can directly install badadroid without partitioning

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

one more thing i observed that "fota" given in thread is for nand. so fota is given for sd, can i use any fota of sd version?????
10th September 2014, 10:43 AM   |  #88  
OP Senior Member

263 posts
Quote:

ok. i am opting your second option.That means i can directly install badadroid without partitioning

---------- Post added at 01:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

one more thing i observed that "fota" given in thread is for nand. so fota is given for sd, can i use any fota of sd version?????

Fota searching on INTERNAL sdcard will not work if bada (or bada partition layout= Fat Fat Fat) is not present, that's all, after that you can do anything you want.
16th September 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #89  
Thanks Meter: 5

47 posts
really help me :(
oh man, i want to install sd version on wave 2 and dont understand anything how to install my english is too bad for it
1. dont understand how to partition sd card
2. and what do do next then..
Can someone do a tutorial step by step?
16th September 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #90  
OP Senior Member

263 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by duytuan665

oh man, i want to install sd version on wave 2 and dont understand anything how to install my english is too bad for it
1. dont understand how to partition sd card
2. and what do do next then..
Can someone do a tutorial step by step?

1.One way is to use Tigrouzen script on his kernel, for other way there is linux, commandlines, softwares...
2. modify updater-script in zip (replace occurence to system partition by /sys as you can see somewhere in my github. You need a little understanding of how updater-script work) in zip or use a compatible ROM (maybe the one on OP works)

Too lazy to explain more, i'm not on Wave anymore and it start to be old in my memory.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nand rom, sd rom
Previous Thread Next Thread