Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 42,868 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help to restore my waranty

Tip us?

Allan9914
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Hi!
Last week I checked for my recovery backup on google and I found this post :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...t2852647/page2
And this guy was looking for the same thing than me! An I could donwload the file, so, I will be able to return 100% sotck!
But i just have one question : In the guide that you post
Quote:
[GUIDE] Return your M8 to 100% Stock Follow the instructions in that thread, it'll be the same for most devices just use the correct software applicable to your phone. You need to be S-OFF to achieve the removal of tampered banner and other goodies.
I don't find when and how I'm supposed to install the stock recovery...
Can someone help me ?
Thanks a lot!

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan9914 View Post
Hi!
Last week I checked for my recovery backup on google and I found this post :
http://forum.xda-developers.com/htc-...t2852647/page2
And this guy was looking for the same thing than me! An I could donwload the file, so, I will be able to return 100% sotck!
But i just have one question : In the guide that you post

I don't find when and how I'm supposed to install the stock recovery...
Can someone help me ?
Thanks a lot!
Reboot your phone into bootloader mode (Volume Down + Power button)
Connect Phone to PC
Open command prompt in adb folder
Type fastboot devices to make sure device is connected.
Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img - It should be recovery.img I don't think anyone would change the name of the recovery.
Type fastboot reboot - Phone will reboot back into OS.

Recovery is flashed and you can do updates. Of course the rest of your phone needs to be stock as well but seeing as you only mentioned the recovery now I take it that your phone is back to stock.

Allan9914
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14 View Post
Reboot your phone into bootloader mode (Volume Down + Power button)
Connect Phone to PC
Open command prompt in adb folder
Type fastboot devices to make sure device is connected.
Type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img - It should be recovery.img I don't think anyone would change the name of the recovery.
Type fastboot reboot - Phone will reboot back into OS.

Recovery is flashed and you can do updates. Of course the rest of your phone needs to be stock as well but seeing as you only mentioned the recovery now I take it that your phone is back to stock.
Ok, thx, but if I understand correctly, I have to dos this instead of ste the step 6 of the guide?
Quote:
6. Flash stock FW package

Now your phone is back to 100% stock, we need to get the stock recovery back on the phone. To do this, you have to flash the 2.22.401.4 FW package from HERE. To flash this file, do the following:

a. Reboot phone into fastboot
b. Copy the FW file to your fastboot folder on your PC (if you don't have fastboot in your system path)
c. Rename the FW file firmware.zip (NOT firmware.zip.zip)
d. Type: fastboot oem rebootRUU and wait for device to reboot
e. Type: fastboot flash zip firmware.zip and wait for process to complete. Although you don't have to do this twice as you used to do with RUU ZIPs, it's STRONGLY recommended that you run this command a second time after the first has finished to make sure it 'takes' properly
f. Type: fastboot reboot

The phone will now reboot
Right?

BerndM14
Old
Thanks Meter 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan9914 View Post
Ok, thx, but if I understand correctly, I have to dos this instead of ste the step 6 of the guide?

Right?
Nah it's not necessary, just flash back the stock recovery. You'll get the latest firmware for your device when you do the OTA update anyways and at least this way you know that things won't go wrong.

I think they included that method because the latest recovery.img file is already in the firmware package and flashing it will restore the recovery back. You can just restore/flash it normally and let the system update itself. Like I said above, not a lot can go wrong that way.

Allan9914
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerndM14 View Post
Nah it's not necessary, just flash back the stock recovery. You'll get the latest firmware for your device when you do the OTA update anyways and at least this way you know that things won't go wrong.

I think they included that method because the latest recovery.img file is already in the firmware package and flashing it will restore the recovery back. You can just restore/flash it normally and let the system update itself. Like I said above, not a lot can go wrong that way.
Ok, well i will do this when i find the time!
Thanks again for all you've done for me! you'r my hero!
The Following User Says Thank You to Allan9914 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]