Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 52,044 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Z2][TWRP][PhilZ Touch][CWM] XZDualRecovery Q&A

Tip us?

[NUT]
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 5,954

DONATE TO ME
Paranoid Android is not stock based, as a result XZDR does not work on that. Use a stock (or stock based-) ROM with XZDR or get stuck with the CM/AOSP own recovery.

My work for the community on XDA ~ My file hosting ~ Please do not mirror my files!
Xperia Arc (LT15i), Xperia P (LT22i), Xperia T (LT30p), Xperia L (C2105), Xperia Z (C6603), Xperia Tablet Z (SGP321), Xperia Z1 (C6903), Xperia Z2 (D6503)

bonderbond
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NUT] View Post
Paranoid Android is not stock based, as a result XZDR does not work on that. Use a stock (or stock based-) ROM with XZDR or get stuck with the CM/AOSP own recovery.
Thanks. I understand now.

I've gone thru 3 rounds of flashing the FTF to get back to stock rom, rooted, and tried different ways of installing twrp recovery, including fastboot Deestroy's stock kernel repacked img, and using the dd command on the fotakernel img. In the end, recovery doesn't work, on rebooting the device hung as it cannot go into TWRP.

So on the 3rd or so time of flashing FTF back to stock rom state, and rooting, I tried XZDR, and whilst on stock rom, everything works fine i.e. gg into Philz and gg into TWRP via the Vol+ & Vol- key.

Then upon flashing in PA ending with XZDR flashable, I know now and agree. Thanks anyway.

Naiks20
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Does this dual recovery allow me to install a custom rom without an unlockable bootloader?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app

Monipeev
Old
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiks20 View Post
Does this dual recovery allow me to install a custom rom without an unlockable bootloader?

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
Yes, but custom rom based on stock only.

Send from my Sony Xperia Z2
SONY Xperia Z2 and SONY Xperia T
The Following User Says Thank You to Monipeev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]