Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 51,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Bent xperia Z1 !!!

Tip us?

svelemoe
Old
(Last edited by svelemoe; 10th September 2014 at 06:55 AM.) Reason: adding pictures
Thanks Meter 0
This exact thing just happened to my phone. I'm at work right now, but it consists of laying alarm wiring. I do not see how keeping it in my front right pocket can do this. I do not have ANY tools in the front right pocket. I have been playing very resource intensive games at the toilet though, and the phone has been extremely hot periodically these last two days. It turned off while playing Road Trip 2 a few hours ago. Pics later when I get off work.

Sorry for the necrobump, but this was the most relevant thread I could find.

Here's the pics: imgur com/a/UWz0b#0
It's laying on its back. I kept it in my front pocket, with the front to my thigh. I really cant see how it would bend that way. I would have to lean into two things hitting the top and bottom of my phone, while my thigh somehow provides tons pf pressure on the edges of the frame only. And no, my pants are not thight.

ligerblitz
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Seeing the new pics from @svelemoe , the bend is not in the same place. If it was a design problem would not all the phones have the bends in the same location? I have had mine for a while, and always in my jeans pocket, and I have a very active job where I am outside, always holding over, lifting things, pulling cable and such, but haven't had any damage with my Z1.
When I had my Z though, the screen mysteriously cracked when it was in my pocket while I was sitting. It wasn't broken 5 minutes before when I had it out.
Sent from Sony Xperia Z1

Mr. Khan
Old
Thanks Meter 308
After use for 9 months and smashed several times, no bent.
Why are you so trust issues? Think of a few tens of thousands of users xperia z1, why only a few people complaining. [emoji3]

svelemoe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I worked in a hardware/lumber store the whole summer with np damage to this phone, so I've been pretty rough with it too. But at this job, where the hsrdest I do is climbing a stepladder, it just bent.

It might be a design flaw spontaneous or not. I have the exact same bend on the charging area as the phone on page 2, it looks like the top of the phone has been lifted parallel to the bottom, the silver trim is bended in the same shape on the front and back. Kind of like '''''''''''''''-----____________ seen from the side.

technaudio
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Sent from my brain via my Brain slug.

Sony Xperia S 6.2.B.0.200
Sony Xperia SP 12.0.A.2.254
Sony Xperia Tablet Z 10.4.B.0.569
Sony Xperia Z 10.4.B.0.569
Archos Cobalt 80

ayuready1989
Old
Thanks Meter 13
since the phone is waterproof its possible there is tension relieved when the aluminum and glass reaches a certain temp