Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,019 Members 52,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RUU][Firmware]Sprint HTC One M8 | 2.16.65x.4 | *Updated 8.22.14*

Tip us?

Captain_Throwback
Old
Retired Moderator / Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9,307

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by welshwarriorsf View Post
Can someone please help me? I'll describe my situation as best as possible. I'm just a bit confused with all the different options. I would like to upgrade my firware and software on my Sprint One m8 to the latest possible. Right now my hboot is: 3.16.0.0000 and my radio is 1.08.20.0610. I am S-On and have relocked (or at least tried to) my bootloader and it now says TAMPERED and RELOCKED. I thought this might alow me to download the OTA and take the update but that has not worked. I DO have an SD card and I am working on a Mac. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading
Since you relocked (which I don't recommend anyone ever do), you might as well just flash the latest RUU for your variant. That'll get everything up to date, and then you can unlock (or preferably, S-OFF), install recovery and root or flash a ROM.

Since you're on a Mac, you'll end up using the hboot method for the RUU, using an external sd card directly in your device (no computer needed). I believe all of the files and instructions you need are in the OP.

-----------
Currently Posting From: Device 1 (see details in my official signature)
Device 1: HTC One (M8)/831C | Hardware Version: 0005

Baseband: 1.08.20.0612_4 | PRI: 2.62_003 | PRL: 53135
Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.3

Device 2: HTC Jewel/PJ75100 (EVO 4G LTE) | Hardware Version: 0003

Baseband: 1.13.11.1105 | PRI: 3.02_003 | PRL: 56018
Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.2

Device 3: HTC Shooter/PG86100 (EVO 3D) | Hardware Version: 0002
Baseband: 1.09.00.0108 | PRI: 1.55_003 | PRL: 22100
Recovery: TWRP 2.7.1.0

Device 4: HTC Supersonic/PC36100 (EVO 4G) | Hardware Version: 0004
Baseband: 2.15.00.01.15 | PRI: 2.33_003 | PRL: 40460
Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.0
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Captain_Throwback For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

welshwarriorsf
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Throwback View Post
Since you relocked (which I don't recommend anyone ever do), you might as well just flash the latest RUU for your variant. That'll get everything up to date, and then you can unlock (or preferably, S-OFF), install recovery and root or flash a ROM.

Since you're on a Mac, you'll end up using the hboot method for the RUU, using an external sd card directly in your device (no computer needed). I believe all of the files and instructions you need are in the OP.[/SIZE]
Thanks a bunch for the timely and thurough response. I did some reading around and relocking the bootloader seemed to be the way to update for someone S-On. Your helpful reply is very much appreciated! . Thought I'd be getting better at this rooting stuff over the years but it appears I'm getting worse!

welshwarriorsf
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.M.J View Post
-using 7zip, extract 0P6BIMG.zip to ext sd card
-boot into bootloader
-make sure hboot is highlighted, press power button
-it will scan your ext_sd card, then ask if you want to start the update
-press volume up & let it do it's thing...
So I think these are the instructions I should follow. I've downloaded the RUU. Do I extract the RUU? It says to extract the "0P6BIMG.zip" but that's a different file than the RUU isn't it? Or is that just what I rename it?
Also, can someone link me to 7zip for Mac or another like program? Because the one I downloaded after googling it was apparently malware according to Chrome and other results appeared nearly as shady.
Thanks again to OMJ and Captain for all their help and hard work :beer:

benny3
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2,677

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
So I think these are the instructions I should follow. I've downloaded the RUU. Do I extract the RUU? It says to extract the "0P6BIMG.zip" but that's a different file than the RUU isn't it? Or is that just what I rename it?
Also, can someone link me to 7zip for Mac or another like program? Because the one I downloaded after googling it was apparently malware according to Chrome and other results appeared nearly as shady.
After extracting the 0P6BIMG zip put it on pit it on your ex. sdcard, boot into the bootloader hboot mode and it will search and parse the zip and ask if you want to upgrade.

http://www.kekaosx.com/en/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benny3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

O.M.J
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 7,310

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09eric09 View Post
Do I have to update firmwares in order? or can i bypass a version to get to the newest version?
OTA updates don't usually have full firmware, so it's best to update in order, unless you're flashing the firmware from a RUU which will be complete

Quote:
Thanks a bunch for the timely and thurough response. I did some reading around and relocking the bootloader seemed to be the way to update for someone S-On. Your helpful reply is very much appreciated! . Thought I'd be getting better at this rooting stuff over the years but it appears I'm getting worse!
if u had flashed a custom recovery, then you would have wanted to flash the stock recovery b4 relocking

Quote:
inside the RUU.zip is a 0P6BIMG.zip that u extract to sd card
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O.M.J For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

09eric09
Old
(Last edited by 09eric09; 15th September 2014 at 10:03 PM.)
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.M.J View Post
OTA updates don't usually have full firmware, so it's best to update in order, unless you're flashing the firmware from a RUU which will be complete

if u had flashed a custom recovery, then you would have wanted to flash the stock recovery b4 relocking

inside the RUU.zip is a 0P6BIMG.zip that u extract to sd card
That's what I thought, although I already bypassed one Firmware zip and went straight to the latest one. Would you recommend I flash the whole RUU over again just to be safe?

O.M.J
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 7,310

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 09eric09 View Post
That's what I thought, although I already bypassed one Firmware zip and went straight to the latest one. Would you recommend I flash the whole RUU over again just to be safe?
nah, u should be fine

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to O.M.J For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]