Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,223 Members 42,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW TO] Native hotspot without root NC5D & maybe others

Tip us?

ssuraj83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Will do.

abjc89
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Looks like (at least for me) the update for 4.4.4 no longer allows you to edit the LTE APNs on full stock, unrooted. Can anyone else second this?

idone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjc89 View Post
Looks like (at least for me) the update for 4.4.4 no longer allows you to edit the LTE APNs on full stock, unrooted. Can anyone else second this?
Seems so

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=55472049

But if you have root you will be good to go. My app (link on that page) is confirmed working to enable it on 4.4.4

ssuraj83
Old
(Last edited by ssuraj83; 16th September 2014 at 06:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Confirmed. I had it working a few days ago. Now that I had to update my profile and PRL because of connection issues, hotspot is now gone.

idone
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssuraj83 View Post
Confirmed. I had it working a few days ago. Now that I had to update my profile and PRL because of connection issues, hotspot is now gone.
If you were paying sprint for the service a profile update would enable this feature. If you are not paying for it profile update overwrites the change made and you need to run the app again to enable it. (after every profile update)

ssuraj83
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by idone View Post
If you were paying sprint for the service a profile update would enable this feature. If you are not paying for it profile update overwrites the change made and you need to run the app again to enable it. (after every profile update)
I will have to root to get the app to work.