Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,503 Members 37,125 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[09/15][DEV][ROM][4.4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 for Samsung Express (GT-I8730)

Tip us?

mmmanus
Old
(Last edited by mmmanus; Yesterday at 03:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Oops...

Hi szezso - thanks for the great work on this nice phone!
It's strange, I get an error while flashing the new (09 15) cm zip. I double checked the zip (it's not damaged). But it looks like it does work for toxious651?
Here's what I did:
- Reboot into download mode
- Used Odin 3.09 to flash I8730XWAMK1_I8730KPNAMK3_I8730XWAMK1_HOME.tar
- Reboot system - all ok
- Reboot back into download mode
- Used Odin 3.09 to flash cwm.tar
- Reboot into cwm recovery - all looks quite ok, but: down it says version v6.0.3.5 (version is ok?) and the next line says 'Warning: No file_contexts'
- I don't know if this warning is bad. Only thing I noticed is that I can not seem to mount an otg usb stick while in cwm.
- Then I copied cm-11-20140915-UNOFFICIAL-expressltexx.zip to the sdcard and inserted it in the phone and booted into recovery.
- Started flashing the rom but after a mintue or so it says:

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error in /sdcard/cm-11-20140915-UNOFFICIAL-expressltexx.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

- then I go into cmd- advanced menu to check the log, the first error line look like

ApplyParsedPerms: removexattr of /system/etc/install-cm-recovery.sh to 0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint

I hope this is just a small thing in the installation script - or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a million!

btw - I own two of those phones (I use them for a project), tried several times on both phones but all the same rsult.

toxious651
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmanus View Post
Hi szezso - thanks for the great work on this nice phone!
It's strange, I get an error while flashing the new (09 15) cm zip. I double checked the zip (it's not damaged). But it looks like it does work for toxious651?
Here's what I did:
- Reboot into download mode
- Used Odin 3.09 to flash I8730XWAMK1_I8730KPNAMK3_I8730XWAMK1_HOME.tar
- Reboot system - all ok
- Reboot back into download mode
- Used Odin 3.09 to flash cwm.tar
- Reboot into cwm recovery - all looks quite ok, but: down it says version v6.0.3.5 (version is ok?) and the next line says 'Warning: No file_contexts'
- I don't know if this warning is bad. Only thing I noticed is that I can not seem to mount an otg usb stick while in cwm.
- Then I copied cm-11-20140915-UNOFFICIAL-expressltexx.zip to the sdcard and inserted it in the phone and booted into recovery.
- Started flashing the rom but after a mintue or so it says:

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error in /sdcard/cm-11-20140915-UNOFFICIAL-expressltexx.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

- then I go into cmd- advanced menu to check the log, the first error line look like

ApplyParsedPerms: removexattr of /system/etc/install-cm-recovery.sh to 0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint

I hope this is just a small thing in the installation script - or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a million!

btw - I own two of those phones (I use them for a project), tried several times on both phones but all the same rsult.
I haven't tried installing it yet, I will in a few hours though and let you know if I have the same problem.

ari173
Old
Thanks Meter 5
You need recovery 6050.
i do a clean install with the previous release like the way you describe.
No problems

Sent from my GT-I8730 using XDA Free mobile app

mmmanus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok thank you! Will look for 6050!

ari173
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmanus View Post
Ok thank you! Will look for 6050!
Post #1

Sent from my GT-I8730 using XDA Free mobile app

mmmanus
Old
(Last edited by mmmanus; Yesterday at 11:34 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Got it, thanks! First I didn't use it beacuse I could not flash the recovery.img directly with odin. Now I converted it to a tar.md5 so I could flash it. It works.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Ok I tested 4g connectivity on the new rom (09 15).
The same problems exist: with my KPN sim I only get 3g connectivity, sometimes NO connectivity (looks like it's searching for 4G repeatedly?) Same results for my Hi sim and Vodafone sim. Manually editing APN settings did not work. Tried to compare APN settings with the sim in another CM11 phone (sony, official CM11) and edit them accordingly on the i8730 - no avail.
I did notice the APN settings look different on the i8730, with my vodafone sim I even get APN settings offered from chinese networks... With the KPN and HI sim I get 'comparable' APN settings on other phones (where it all works) but still slightly different. For instance the default APN is different. I'm no APN expert so I don't know what's going on... Hope some brighter mind will find out
Still I'd like to thank szezso for creating the rom, it's so much better than stock! I'm running Linux deploy on it and stock rom is far less responsive / has high cpu load average I can not explain...
However - missing the 4g still is a dealbreaker for me since I need to send gigabytes of data from the phone...
I hope this report helps, I'm fully available for digging into this / helping where I can (if someone tells me how)! Maybe I can send some kind of logging here?

Rahtah
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Good afternoon.

Update instaled:
-3G and 4G: 100% work
- Any bugs or problem with this ROM in the moment.

Thanks @szezso!!!!

Enviado de meu GT-I8730 usando Tapatalk

mmmanus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default More 4G / APN testing

Ok - after more testing I found that it really looks APN related, somehow the phones do not get the correct APN automatically. When I manually change the APN it 'works'. First I thought it did not but it takes time after you change the APN until the phone switches to the right connection.
Once it used the right connection (and shows LTE symbol) it seems to remember that state. After a reboot the LTE connection gets activated quickly again.
So at least this does not look like a 'driver problem' but something in the config (for as much as I understand about this matter

Rahtah
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Post Follow the procedures

Users who are posting errors:

- First: Do not want to do procedures which are different than the staff put at the beginning of the forum on the ROM. If there is what was described to be that way and ready.
- Second: If described "Make flash with this app," go not want to flash with odin or any software whatsoever.
- Third: from the time it is disobeyed any steps you described is changing the way to install and receiving error will not be in any way develop error.

In short: Do not think better than anyone, follow the procedures to the letter and do not WANT IN ANY WAY circumvent some step, it will harm apena yourself.

PS: I'm running CyanogenMod Szezso by 11 since the beginning of the month of August and I have no complaints because I FOLLOW THE PROCEDURES STEP BY STEP.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.