Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 52,770 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FIRMWARE] VRUDNE1 (Android 4.4.2 - Kit Kat) No-Wipe Factory Image

Tip us?

FingerBlastJ
Old
Thanks Meter 17
m on SS 3.75 with both stock rom and superlite

im having a few issues on both roms

1. Widgets stop functioning, are not clickable and dont display updated information.

The only resolution i found for this so far is to remove them and re add them to the page.

2. Same thing goes for apps after that have been used.

After leaving an app, could be any, if you try and click it to open it again, it is unclickable

3. When those 2 things happen, sometimes the home key, menu key, back button and power button do not operate.

Which means i sometimes cant turn the screen off with the power button.

4. When scrolling through pages of the phone, theres a distortion line on the top of the screen, just below the status bar

5. Trying to add google now widget on blank pages i get a toast message that theres no more room on the page

6. Is there a way to get wifi hotspot on this rom?

Any ideas, help?
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 4.4.2

greatdaneduke
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Thank you for posting this. Got into a jam and flashed this with Odin. Rooted with towel root and I am back up and running.

kennydied23
Old
(Last edited by kennydied23; 18th August 2014 at 05:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
I'm having an issue where my phone cuts off after it boots. Any way to fix this? I can't do anything in android since it won't make it 'setting up your phone' screen.
VZW Galaxy SIII

capt730
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennydied23 View Post
I'm having an issue where my phone cuts off after it boots. Any way to fix this? I can't do anything in android since it won't make it 'setting up your phone' screen.
Can you boot into recovery (Vol Up + Home + Power) and factory reset it to see if that helps?

kennydied23
Old
(Last edited by kennydied23; 28th August 2014 at 04:38 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by capt730 View Post
Can you boot into recovery (Vol Up + Home + Power) and factory reset it to see if that helps?
It didn't, so I used Odin a second time and that fixed it. Thanks for the quick answer.

EDIT: Used the file that wipes data
VZW Galaxy SIII

luv2increase
Old
Thanks Meter 71
I want to install this on my wife's Verizon GS3. Right now it has ML1, rooted, TWRP and MOAR ROM installed.

Obviously, the bootloader is locked already. Is all I have to do is flash this file via ODIN?

Thanks!!

landshark68
Old
(Last edited by landshark68; 28th August 2014 at 03:05 AM.)
Thanks Meter 549
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2increase View Post
I want to install this on my wife's Verizon GS3. Right now it has ML1, rooted, TWRP and MOAR ROM installed.

Obviously, the bootloader is locked already. Is all I have to do is flash this file via ODIN?

Thanks!!
If your wife's phone is on ML1, MOAR ROM, and has TWRP installed, then the bootloader on her phone is not locked already. Can't have TWRP installed on a locked bootloader. Once you flash this on her phone however, the bootloader on her phone will be locked. Just thought you should have this info in case you don't want to lock the bootloader on her phone. If you do or you don't care if it gets locked, then yes you would flash this file in ODIN. Although the OP strongly suggests anyone with an unlocked bootloader not flash this since it will lock your bootloaer.
Shouldn't we treat this world like the garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?

Sometimes you go to the circus.......sometimes the circus comes to you

vmancini3
Old
Thanks Meter 656

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2increase View Post

Thanks!!
Landshark is right, but both of you guys should be clear on one thing....if it says ML1 in "about phone", then that means she only has the ML1 Modem installed, as the FULL ML1 firmware package will lock you down. The presence of TWRP means that the bootloader is still unlocked! That's where I'm at right now.....MF1 firmware with ML1 modem (baseband). Hopefully this makes things perfectly clear.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to vmancini3 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bramton1
Old
Thanks Meter 14
I just wanted to be sure I understand this right. A friend on rooted on MF1 (4.1.2) and wants to be get unrooted onto 4.4.2. I can safely use this file to go directly from MF1 to NE1, the phone will be unrooted again, stock recovery, and pics and SMS won't deleted (although I'll back that up to be safe)?

Correct?

brandonb0013
Old
Thanks Meter 2
None of the mirrors are working. Anyone have a zip to download? Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using XDA Free mobile app

Tags
factory, galaxy s3, image, verizon, vrudne1