Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,901 Members 52,852 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I disable Tell HTC completely

Tip us?

stuart0001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,212

DONATE TO ME
Default Can I disable Tell HTC completely

I had a n Orange locked device and have since supercided, s-offed and now running latest stock WW Rom. However, I get the below and wondering if there's anyway to disable the reporting whilst staying otherwise stock or stock and rooted.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Alaris
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart0001 View Post
I had a n Orange locked device and have since supercided, s-offed and now running latest stock WW Rom. However, I get the below and wondering if there's anyway to disable the reporting whilst staying otherwise stock or stock and rooted.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I am having the same issue, the best I could do is freeze udove which is apparently the app that does the reporting. When I did this I could no longer open the Tell HTC section in settings so I am assuming it freezes the reporting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alaris For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stuart0001
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,212

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaris View Post
I am having the same issue, the best I could do is freeze udove which is apparently the app that does the reporting. When I did this I could no longer open the Tell HTC section in settings so I am assuming it freezes the reporting.
Thanks for that. After a quick search it seems mybreeze.apk is also a potential culprit so I've frozen that too.

grentuu
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Just remember to back up udove and don't get rid of it as you will need it in place for OTA

I UPGRADED TO A 5GHZ CABLE HUB FOR THIS???

IF I DON'T HELP YOU, IT'S NOT BECAUSE I DON'T GIVE A TOSS. I JUST DON'T KNOW THE ANSWER.
IF I DO, PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON.

ashyx
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Is it actually reporting or is that message just the result of an unlocked boot loader? I haven't seen any activity from any of those apps.

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx View Post
Is it actually reporting or is that message just the result of an unlocked boot loader? I haven't seen any activity from any of those apps.
As your phone is S-OFF it's technically deemed a test device, hence the warning being permanent. It does nothing to the use of the phone so just ignore it
OnePlus One A0001 (Sandstone Grey) 64GB
ROM: CyanogenMod 11S (XNPH33R) | Bootloader: Stock | Recovery: Stock | Radio: Stock | Kernel: Stock

Google Nexus 5 D821 (Black) 32GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | Bootloader: HHZ11K | Recovery: Stock | Radio: 2.0.50.1.16 | Kernel: Stock

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required) | [GUIDE] Return your OPO to 100% Stock

Crossvxm
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS View Post
As your phone is S-OFF it's technically deemed a test device, hence the warning being permanent. It does nothing to the use of the phone so just ignore it
It wouldn't bother people if it were just device related. If you read the statement, it clearly states that it will collect "personally identifiable information such as your name, phone number, precise location..." you get the point. WTF do they need all of this for just for turning off the security of these devices? That's ridiculous and a great infringement to our human rights and privacy and nobody says a thing about it. They don't need our personal information, just device info, so why would they need to know who Dick Murcy or Horace P. is? Secondly, why is S-Off a nice automatic way of considering the device a "test device" if its not like we're probing the thing or anything, just flashing roms and enabling features that can be pulled off on any other non HTC device once the boot loader is unlocked. Who gives a company born in the late 90s so much rights over the privacy of their users?

Anyways, can anyone give me a thorough way of disabling this? I'm not scared of a bootloop or failure of the alarm app, I just feel that if they have such right, we have a right to get rid of it.
LG G2 (LS980) ***MAIN*** - T-Mobile rom 4.4.2
HTC One (M7wls) - Dirt Unicorn 4.4.4 S-Off + SuperCID
Samsung GS4 (jfltespr) - Stock w/ domestic unlock
HTC One S (S4) - Stock rooted
Nexus 7 32GB (grouper) - MIUI v6
Samsung GS5 (kltespr) - Stock rooted...

(All disowned devices have been removed to shorten signature)

Please consider thanking me with the THANKS button if I have helped you in any way/form/manner.