Best Alarm App for Android?

There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock … more

Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Samsung Galaxy S5

Android 5.1 is slowly putting its mark in the custom ROM world. CyanogenMod 12.1 is available to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Can I disable Tell HTC completely

23rd May 2014, 08:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hampton
Thanks Meter: 1,213
 
2,318 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
I had a n Orange locked device and have since supercided, s-offed and now running latest stock WW Rom. However, I get the below and wondering if there's anyway to disable the reporting whilst staying otherwise stock or stock and rooted.



Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
25th May 2014, 12:54 PM   |  #2  
Alaris's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 26
 
451 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart0001

I had a n Orange locked device and have since supercided, s-offed and now running latest stock WW Rom. However, I get the below and wondering if there's anyway to disable the reporting whilst staying otherwise stock or stock and rooted.



Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I am having the same issue, the best I could do is freeze udove which is apparently the app that does the reporting. When I did this I could no longer open the Tell HTC section in settings so I am assuming it freezes the reporting.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alaris For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th May 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hampton
Thanks Meter: 1,213
 
2,318 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaris

I am having the same issue, the best I could do is freeze udove which is apparently the app that does the reporting. When I did this I could no longer open the Tell HTC section in settings so I am assuming it freezes the reporting.

Thanks for that. After a quick search it seems mybreeze.apk is also a potential culprit so I've frozen that too.
25th May 2014, 07:39 PM   |  #4  
grentuu's Avatar
Senior Member
Just outside of Manchester UK
Thanks Meter: 214
 
585 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Just remember to back up udove and don't get rid of it as you will need it in place for OTA
26th May 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 119
 
542 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
Is it actually reporting or is that message just the result of an unlocked boot loader? I haven't seen any activity from any of those apps.
26th May 2014, 11:24 AM   |  #6  
EddyOS's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Liverpool, Merseyside
Thanks Meter: 3,600
 
14,461 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashyx

Is it actually reporting or is that message just the result of an unlocked boot loader? I haven't seen any activity from any of those apps.

As your phone is S-OFF it's technically deemed a test device, hence the warning being permanent. It does nothing to the use of the phone so just ignore it
17th September 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #7  
Crossvxm's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 69
 
416 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Service
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddyOS

As your phone is S-OFF it's technically deemed a test device, hence the warning being permanent. It does nothing to the use of the phone so just ignore it

It wouldn't bother people if it were just device related. If you read the statement, it clearly states that it will collect "personally identifiable information such as your name, phone number, precise location..." you get the point. WTF do they need all of this for just for turning off the security of these devices? That's ridiculous and a great infringement to our human rights and privacy and nobody says a thing about it. They don't need our personal information, just device info, so why would they need to know who Dick Murcy or Horace P. is? Secondly, why is S-Off a nice automatic way of considering the device a "test device" if its not like we're probing the thing or anything, just flashing roms and enabling features that can be pulled off on any other non HTC device once the boot loader is unlocked. Who gives a company born in the late 90s so much rights over the privacy of their users?

Anyways, can anyone give me a thorough way of disabling this? I'm not scared of a bootloop or failure of the alarm app, I just feel that if they have such right, we have a right to get rid of it.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes