Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,418 Members 46,735 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Wireless Charging In Vehicle

Tip us?

pisanty
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Wireless Charging In Vehicle

Hello

As a nexus 5 owner with a Nexus Wireless charger on CD mount in my car I am wondering I the LG G3 has the ability to be held up by the nexus wireless charger or the Air dock?

Does anyone have a nexus charger and is will to test for me. I need a drop and go solution for my car I can't go back to plugging in USB cables again.

meyerweb
Old
Thanks Meter 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by pisanty View Post
Hello

As a nexus 5 owner with a Nexus Wireless charger on CD mount in my car I am wondering I the LG G3 has the ability to be held up by the nexus wireless charger or the Air dock?

Does anyone have a nexus charger and is will to test for me. I need a drop and go solution for my car I can't go back to plugging in USB cables again.
The Nexus charger uses magnets in the charger that match up with magnets in the phone to hold the phone in place. The G3 Qi back doesn't have the corresponding magnets. So no, it wouldn't hold the G3 in place. Don't know about the air dock.
Stock 4.2.2 rooted (waiting for MOAR!) , Nova Prime & Side Control Launchers, Dynamic Notifications, SkipLock, Wifi Matic, Widget Locker.