Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 35,933 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: How many of you will use Android L as your daily driver?
Yes, I will keep it 209 65.11%
No, it is too unstable for daily use 112 34.89%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

[OFFICIAL] Android L Discussion (Android L Preview Released)

Tip us?

brenty108
Old
Thanks Meter 233

DONATE TO ME
Using that breadcrumbs L preview as a daily driver and it performs really well. Chrome takes longer to load some times and downloads take their time. But yeah it's fast and way usable

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to brenty108 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ABongofIceandFire
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Nexus 7 Randomly Rebooting

Has anyone with the random reboot issue in 4.4.4 noticed an improvement with L?

The random reboots have been killing me lately. I've been reading around and I can't find any definitive solution besides "return it for another one".

manueltts
Old
Thanks Meter 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABongofIceandFire View Post
Has anyone with the random reboot issue in 4.4.4 noticed an improvement with L?

The random reboots have been killing me lately. I've been reading around and I can't find any definitive solution besides "return it for another one".
You have those reboots with any Rom and kernel? Maybe your cpu bin is low, and that would require adjusting your cpu frequencies and voltages carefully. Or as you said, it could be a defective device.
Nexus 4 Mako
(LG e960)
ROM: Breadcrumbs, Bunnies & Witches 6 (Lpv-port, by sykopompos) / Temasek's CM11 (KK 4.4.4, by 0.0)
Kernel: Unleashed (by defconoi)

Nexus 7 Flo
(2013 Wi-fi version)
ROM: CleanROM 3.7 (KK 4.4.4, by scrosler) / Breadcrums & Bunnies 5.9.6 (Lpv, by sykopompos) / SlimKat 7.8 (KK 4.4.4)
Kernel: ElementalX-N7 2.15 (3.4.0, by flar2) / Stock-Lpv

lordfarhan40
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Greetings everyone.

Has anyone come across any multi touch issues in Android L?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...nexus-7-a.html

In the above link its stated that Android L update rectified the issues..

Is that true?

Thank you

yosmokinman
Old
Thanks Meter 12
^L Preview uses the same ts firmware as KK, xa044. Thats what mine says at least. You can check your firmware version in /sys/devices/i2c-3/3-0010/vendor (see: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2800308)

However, I've noticed a great improvement in grounding and multi touch problems I had on KK. I had to use ts11 on KK now it's unnecessary. No problems. So who knows.

About random reboots, I had them on stock 4.4.4 and CM all the time. Had to use a different kernel to stop them. None on L since it was released. Aside from some root apps causing it but those aren't "random reboots."

player911
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 906

DONATE TO ME
I'm not finding any differences with Android L over KK when it comes to touches. I still am unable to reliably use my tablet while lounging in bed.

I've also noticed my Nexus 7 reboots more often. I can barely stream a TV show through Chromecast.
LG G2 - Modded Stock
Nexus 7 FHD - Jelly Bean 4.4.2 [CM Kang Banged]
HTC Touch Pro►HTC Touch Diamond 2►Nexus One►LG G2x►HTC Rezound►Galaxy NexusLG G2!
iPad►iPad2►Asus TransformerGalaxy Tab 7 [CM10]Nook►Nook TabletNexus 7Nexus 7 FHD!

[Site Owner] MiiWiiChat.com - Free Chat for your Wii
[Site Owner] SnapSite Admins.com - Free Custom Website

Like what I do? - Donations welcome or hit the Thanks button!

a10fjet
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default tablet ui keyboard

[Don't know where to post this]
Does anyone have any suggestion for fixing the keyboard on the tablet ui?
Every keyboard i have tried has been messed up. The return/search/enter/complete key is moved from the bottom right to the middle right, there's a stupid freakin emoji key at the bottom right now.
I guess these are supposed to be "fixes" to problems of scaling up a keyboard but they just suck.
Does anyone have a keyboard that doesn't try to "fix" the original phone keyboard? Or is there something i can modify somewhere to disable this?

Synaphix
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have not used my Nexus 7 in awhile as my phone was able to do everything I needed it to however, that is now broke so it gives me a chance to play around with this and see how it goes and perhaps even use my tablet again. Seeing as some reviews of it seem to be good I cannot wait, just charging it up now!

Tags
android 5.0, android l, june 2014