Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,829 Members 42,525 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Canadian/Claro PR D801/803] Development

Tip us?
 
omarcillopr
Old
#601  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 34
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: vega baja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene_Bluesman View Post
no need if all was well on cloudy, do not forget the patch

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
My flashing mahdi rom rom but My phone gets very hot and reboots itself. Any solution
 
Dene_Bluesman
Old
#602  
Dene_Bluesman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 260
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northwest Territories, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarcillopr View Post
My flashing mahdi rom rom but My phone gets very hot and reboots itself. Any solution
That is so strange and has been mentioned numerous times on mahdi thread, I have installed mahdi rom about 4 times trying to get it hot lol. Are you using dr87 twrp? also I use pa gapps nano.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
 
gaganmohal
Old
#603  
gaganmohal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 210
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: TORONTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene_Bluesman View Post
no need if all was well on cloudy, do not forget the patch

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
Hi, i am new to lg g2.
Just want to know what is the patch for? And where can i find it.
Also what all roms can be flashed on d803? Att, tmobile, international roms etc.?

Thanks.


iphone 4
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Samsung Galaxy Note II

LG G2 (Rogers D803)
Samsung Note III (Rogers) (N900W8 )
 
Dene_Bluesman
Old
#604  
Dene_Bluesman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 260
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northwest Territories, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaganmohal View Post
Hi, i am new to lg g2.
Just want to know what is the patch for? And where can i find it.
Also what all roms can be flashed on d803? Att, tmobile, international roms etc.?

Thanks.
The patch is for mahdi rom only, it contains device specific libs and kernel, Just dr87 way of doing things, rather than building for every variant he builds a single rom. Most roms support the D803 variant. Give mahdi or Liquidsmooth a try.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Dene_Bluesman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
omarcillopr
Old
#605  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 34
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: vega baja
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene_Bluesman View Post
That is so strange and has been mentioned numerous times on mahdi thread, I have installed mahdi rom about 4 times trying to get it hot lol. Are you using dr87 twrp? also I use pa gapps nano.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
No im using twrp for d803 no dr87 twrp
 
Dene_Bluesman
Old
(Last edited by Dene_Bluesman; 15th September 2014 at 06:26 PM.)
#606  
Dene_Bluesman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 85
Posts: 260
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Northwest Territories, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarcillopr View Post
No im using twrp for d803 no dr87 twrp
this version has thermal control while in twrp, you can also check to see if the governor is set to performance instead of interactive

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/hid9ny9jl91yx/TWRPS

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
 
omarcillopr
Old
#607  
Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 34
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: vega baja
Ok thanks you
 
gaganmohal
Old
#608  
gaganmohal's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 210
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: TORONTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dene_Bluesman View Post
The patch is for mahdi rom only, it contains device specific libs and kernel, Just dr87 way of doing things, rather than building for every variant he builds a single rom. Most roms support the D803 variant. Give mahdi or Liquidsmooth a try.

Sent from my LG-D803 using Tapatalk
what are the best AOSP/CM11 kernels available for our d803? thanks


iphone 4
Samsung Galaxy SIII
Samsung Galaxy Note II

LG G2 (Rogers D803)
Samsung Note III (Rogers) (N900W8 )
 
phoenix_rizzen
Old
#609  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 190
Posts: 514
Join Date: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaganmohal View Post
what are the best AOSP/CM11 kernels available for our d803? thanks
There are no CM-compatible kernels available. Who actually uses CM for anything when just about anything else is better? They haven't even brought the LG G2 kernel in CM up to full 4.4 sources yet.

There are plenty of full 4.4 sourced kernels available for AOSP ROMs. You can choose between:
- the kernel that ships with LiquidSmooth
- the kernel that ships with SlimKat
- the kernel that ships with Mahdi
- the kernel that ships with Vanir
- the kernel that ships with AICP
- the kernel that ships with other ROMS I haven't personally used and can't recall the names of
- Render's kernel (works with the above)
- R3V3NT3CH's kernel (not yet released as a flashable kernel, but it's planned to be)
- Dorimanx, as released by bart in his Vanir thread
- Furnace (if you are running an older version of an AOSP ROM; there are plans to release an updated kernel eventually)

Which one is best depends on which ROM you use, how you use the phone, and how much time you want to spend tweaking and testing things. To paraphrase Ash Ketchum, you "Gotta test them all!".
The Following User Says Thank You to phoenix_rizzen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
JamieD81
Old
#610  
JamieD81's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 8,151
Posts: 4,002
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Duncan

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_rizzen View Post
There are no CM-compatible kernels available. Who actually uses CM for anything when just about anything else is better? They haven't even brought the LG G2 kernel in CM up to full 4.4 sources yet.
Unless you happen to be running this build of CM11 then Render and Dorimax aosp should both work but I can only say Render does as that is what my secondary rom is on my D803.
**Itís not a bug Ė itís an undocumented feature.**

My inbox is NOT a help desk.
G+: JamieD81
Donate: JamieD81
*appreciated and cherished*

Tags
bell, claro pr, d801, d803, lg g2
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes