Originally Posted by gaganmohal
what are the best AOSP/CM11 kernels available for our d803? thanks
There are no CM-compatible kernels available. Who actually uses CM for anything when just about anything else is better?
They haven't even brought the LG G2 kernel in CM up to full 4.4 sources yet.
There are plenty of full 4.4 sourced kernels available for AOSP ROMs. You can choose between:
- the kernel that ships with LiquidSmooth
- the kernel that ships with SlimKat
- the kernel that ships with Mahdi
- the kernel that ships with Vanir
- the kernel that ships with AICP
- the kernel that ships with other ROMS I haven't personally used and can't recall the names of
- Render's kernel (works with the above)
- R3V3NT3CH's kernel (not yet released as a flashable kernel, but it's planned to be)
- Dorimanx, as released by bart in his Vanir thread
- Furnace (if you are running an older version of an AOSP ROM; there are plans to release an updated kernel eventually)
Which one is best depends on which ROM you use, how you use the phone, and how much time you want to spend tweaking and testing things.
To paraphrase Ash Ketchum, you "Gotta test them all!".