Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,340 Members 43,775 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][d2lte][Official][4.4+]CandyKat Rom[8/29/14]

Tip us?

mp3deviant721
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernblonde View Post
I've attached a picture of the google crap I'm talking about on the lockscreen. Is it too much to ask to just put Trebuchet back in the CandyKat rom please? I've tried Nova, Apex and Bazooka. Bazooka was the only other launcher that was bare-bones but I wasn't happy with it's look. I couldn't figure out how to get rid of the google search bar and other google crap, and apparently everyone says you can get rid of it, but no one provided directions, or the directions provided didn't work for me. I just want a clean launcher. Trebechet is awesome. When I tried to install Trebechet yesterday, it's conflicting with something else. The easiest and best thing for me to do is go back to the 1.3 rom, because I can't figure this out!
That's built into your lock screen clock... You can change that... In Nova you can tap and hold on the search bar, a menu with 3 options will come up. One of them is Remove. That'll get rid of the search bar. Should be similar to most other launchers... Otherwise there should be a setting to disable the bar in the launcher's settings page.

GS³: Carbonized, leanKernel'd, Philz'd
Gimme Chocolate!!
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999 (Main Device)
ROM: CarbonRom 4.4.4 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: LeanKernel v9.12exp1 | Recovery: Philz 6.48.4 | Radio: UVUEMJ4

소녀시대, 티아라, & 에이오에이 fighting!
The Following User Says Thank You to mp3deviant721 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

southernblonde
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3deviant721 View Post
That's built into your lock screen clock... You can change that... In Nova you can tap and hold on the search bar, a menu with 3 options will come up. One of them is Remove. That'll get rid of the search bar. Should be similar to most other launchers... Otherwise there should be a setting to disable the bar in the launcher's settings page.

Gimme Chocolate!!
I downloaded Nova and got rid of the search bar. I tried editing the clock widget and I don't see anywhere to get rid of those icons directly to the right of the clock.

powerserge1
Old
Thanks Meter 113
Quote:
I downloaded Nova and got rid of the search bar. I tried editing the clock widget and I don't see anywhere to get rid of those icons directly to the right of the clock.
I am guessing that clock widget you are using is called dashclock, not the regular clock. The settings are there... To disable mail gmail and phone notifications. You just need to remove those extensions in the settings. Either that or remove that widget altogether then just add the regular clock widget if that's what you want.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to powerserge1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

southernblonde
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerserge1 View Post
I am guessing that clock widget you are using is called dashclock, not the regular clock. The settings are there... To disable mail gmail and phone notifications. You just need to remove those extensions in the settings. Either that or remove that widget altogether then just add the regular clock widget if that's what you want.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
I had to go into gmail and get rid of everything in the inbox. I noticed that the "M" went away. However I don't see how to get rid of the weather circle and dash next to the right of the clock on the lockscreen. When I went into widgets, I'm only able to change the widget on the homescreen but not the lockscreen. Thanks for all of your help.
The Following User Says Thank You to southernblonde For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mp3deviant721
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Quote:
I had to go into gmail and get rid of everything in the inbox. I noticed that the "M" went away. However I don't see how to get rid of the weather circle and dash next to the right of the clock on the lockscreen. When I went into widgets, I'm only able to change the widget on the homescreen but not the lockscreen. Thanks for all of your help.
You likely have to enable the lockscreen widgets under your security settings to be able to change the widget.

Gimme Chocolate!!
Samsung Galaxy S III SGH-T999 (Main Device)
ROM: CarbonRom 4.4.4 | GApps: BaNkS Minimal | Kernel: LeanKernel v9.12exp1 | Recovery: Philz 6.48.4 | Radio: UVUEMJ4

소녀시대, 티아라, & 에이오에이 fighting!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mp3deviant721 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DMF1977
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Quote:
Should be able to just expand your lock screen widget, then long press the widget to remove it...