Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't boot into Recovery, Bootloader, Download, or Fastboot! Why?

Tip us?

LgGsm45
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by toxinburn View Post
If i wanted to write the laf over recovery i would do....

dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery of=/sdcard/recovery.img
That makes a backup of the recovery

dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/laf of=/sdcard/laf.img

Makes backup of laf recovery

dd if=/sdcard/laf.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

That will push the laf over recovery

I have tmobile l90 d415 i can provide any parts you need also what from l90 are you thinking of using?

I was able to boot into download mode! Thanks for the help. I see some USB ports load while in download mode but I don't have a tool that can connect to phone right now for flashing. It would be ideal to have fastboot instead to be able to flash modified boot or recovery image.

vwnut13
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Wooooooah. Walmart was chock full of these phones when I went today, and there is good reason for that.

The new price? Only $59.88. Yikes.

You can get a Moto G on prepaid networks on sale for not much more than that. Was fun while it lasted...
The Following User Says Thank You to vwnut13 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

everseen
Old
Thanks Meter 29
my optimus fuel phone is soft bricked, stuck at tracphone logo, can't boot into system. I tried all the ways i could find to get into recovery/fastboot/hard reset mode without success.
this phone seems defy all the phone basics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LgGsm45 View Post
I was able to boot into download mode! Thanks for the help. I see some USB ports load while in download mode but I don't have a tool that can connect to phone right now for flashing. It would be ideal to have fastboot instead to be able to flash modified boot or recovery image.

MasterKairi0
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Dont give up@!!

giving up is not better than trying

Gstaff000
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Brick?

I have also managed to brick my LGL34C. Due to my own stupidity of course (trying to swap the sd cards), the phone just sits at the lg logo and of course the bootloader is super locked down on this model. It appears it can be connected via adb but adb says device unauthorized. Is there any way around this? Any ideas would be appreciated

ibub
Old
Thanks Meter 1,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstaff000 View Post
I have also managed to brick my LGL34C. Due to my own stupidity of course (trying to swap the sd cards), the phone just sits at the lg logo and of course the bootloader is super locked down on this model. It appears it can be connected via adb but adb says device unauthorized. Is there any way around this? Any ideas would be appreciated
Don't understand how that could brick the phone. Unmount sdcard before removing? Need to start a thread: "All ways to brick LG L34C".

sent from my towelrooted LG L34C using tapatalk