Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,888 Members 36,863 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO][ROOT][4NOOBS] Resize sdcard0 and internal storage to maximize space for apps

Tip us?

0sukaru
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tianzhisun View Post
May U can try to update your CWM to "T4.3_PhilZCWM_6.0.4.7_LB_v1.7.zip" first (hit http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2657190)
Hope it may help
Good luck
Thanks, I have this version, is posible to do this with 4.3 and this version of CWN? I read in other site only is posible in 4.1.2 with dual recovery.

Greetings.

AbdallaJimmy
Old
(Last edited by AbdallaJimmy; 27th August 2014 at 09:39 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Tried and worked on xperia v
Thanks, Bro

Sent from my Xperia V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1409143257006.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (68.1 KB, 64 views)

tianzhisun
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0sukaru View Post
Thanks, I have this version, is posible to do this with 4.3 and this version of CWN? I read in other site only is posible in 4.1.2 with dual recovery.

Greetings.
Works well on 4.3 and this version of CWM, If you have rooted your phone with 4.3 , you do not need to downgrade to 4.1.2

LastQuark
Old
(Last edited by LastQuark; 16th September 2014 at 06:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 26
I'm having difficulty mounting sdcard0 after boot. The message to format the card upon boot doesn't show up. How can I mount it? The storage section under settings does not allow me to. I'm using Xperia TL, by the way.

Update: The internal SD was formatted to FAT32 instead of ext2 (or ext4?) after checking it in parted. I have to re-do step's 12-14 for the "SDCard only" and leave it unformatted. In step 15, CWM (I'm using PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition) is formatting it in FAT32 instead of ext4. I hope this will not create a problem later on leaving it as ext2 without formatting.

bsined
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastQuark View Post
I'm having difficulty mounting sdcard0 after boot. The message to format the card upon boot doesn't show up. How can I mount it? The storage section under settings does not allow me to. I'm using Xperia TL, by the way.

Update: The internal SD was formatted to FAT32 instead of ext2 (or ext4?) after checking it in parted. I have to re-do step's 12-14 for the "SDCard only" and leave it unformatted. In step 15, CWM (I'm using PhilZ Touch CWM Advanced Edition) is formatting it in FAT32 instead of ext4. I hope this will not create a problem later on leaving it as ext2 without formatting.
It could be something with the recovery version you're using. Please use the one I mentioned in the guide to ensure compatibility. You can flash the recovery after you complete repartitioning.
I do UX design - PM me for information architecture & workflow help.

People like when you THANK them.

My open questions:
Why do many developers host their downloads on spammy file hosting sites?

My devices:
Sony Xperia TL on PureXT 4.3
HP TouchPad 32GB on JCSullins's CM11
Microsoft Surface 2 RT 32GB

My guides:
Upgrading Xperia TL to 4.3 to keep root, data, and LTE
Resizing internal partitions on Xperia T/TL/V (and others)

bsined
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0sukaru View Post
Hi, I tried to but I could not, in the first attempt look like everything was going well until I tried the rm15 command, said the unit is mounted, closed cmd and try again but had errors unknown command when trying to umount / storage. Using the print command, did not appear 14 in the list.
Stop trying and start the phone had a loop asking to be restored, so I had to flash once again a rom.
I have Xperia T with stock 4.3, towelroot and Philz Touch Recovery. I followed all the steps with the phone in recovery, which may be the problem?
Sorry for my English.
Greetings.
If your phone is running JB4.3, you aren't following the guide. Please downgrade to JB4.1.2 in order to make sure the guide is applicable. Once you restore your backup, you'll be back with JB4.3 on the newly repartitioned device.
I do UX design - PM me for information architecture & workflow help.

People like when you THANK them.

My open questions:
Why do many developers host their downloads on spammy file hosting sites?

My devices:
Sony Xperia TL on PureXT 4.3
HP TouchPad 32GB on JCSullins's CM11
Microsoft Surface 2 RT 32GB

My guides:
Upgrading Xperia TL to 4.3 to keep root, data, and LTE
Resizing internal partitions on Xperia T/TL/V (and others)