Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,892 Members 42,919 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] ViSiON-X S5 INTL [G900FXXU1ANH4][G900T/G900F/G900A][09-14-14]

Tip us?

u1988
Old
(Last edited by u1988; Yesterday at 11:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted77usa View Post
@u1988
1. Mostly Yes
2. Flash it when @AxAtAx build it... no OTA support yet.
3. Check ViSiX rom if u want to try ATT 900A
4. Yes U can.
5. When u rooted using Superuser and it would void your warranty ... unless If u using Towelroot.

[IMG]i.imgur.com/ay7BXoF.png[/IMG]
@ted77usa
Thank you for your Quick Reply...

About your ViSiX rom ATT 900A I don't if there is non-us Languages Support...
like in here bcause it base on 900F with all Languages Support.

Your rom have non-us Languages Support ? (Hebrew etc..)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2798646

So can I use this rom for G900A AT&T on this Thread (ViSiON-X S5 INTL by AxAtAx that base on 900F)?

s5freak
Old
Thanks Meter 3,373
@u1998 you can use 900F Roms on 900A devices and visa versa the only thing is when flashing 900F Roms on 900A using SafeStrap there is NO support for aroma installers.

"Zed? Zed's dead baby Zed's dead"
Sent from my XKrom GoldLimited Rockin XKromeGold
The Following User Says Thank You to s5freak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

u1988
Old
(Last edited by u1988; Today at 01:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by s5freak View Post
@u1998 you can use 900F Roms on 900A devices and visa versa the only thing is when flashing 900F Roms on 900A using SafeStrap there is NO support for aroma installers.

@s5freak

what is visa versa?

Any 900F roms? (Coustm roms from G900F or Stock roms too (.tar files) ?)
"NO support for aroma installers" so only custom roms without aroma installers?

SafeStrap you ment this for 900A?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2794087

SafeStrap For G900V Version Device... etc.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2793891

The problem that the dev. says "DO NOT INSTALL SAFESTRAP ON A ROM-SLOT"
So how can I install custom roms?

in ViSiX rom it says Use * FOR NOW STOCK SLOT ONLY*
So I can install only other Stock roms from G900F on 900A for now?

Basicly As long there is SafeStrap for my device I can flash other S5 roms from different S5 models ?
Any other warring I need to know?

ted77usa
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 3,487

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by u1988 View Post
@s5freak

what is visa versa?

Any 900F roms? (Coustm roms from G900F or Stock roms too (.tar files) ?)
"NO support for aroma installers" so only custom roms without aroma installers?

SafeStrap you ment this for 900A?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2794087

SafeStrap For G900V Version Device... etc.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2793891

The problem that the dev. says "DO NOT INSTALL SAFESTRAP ON A ROM-SLOT"
So how can I install custom roms?

in ViSiX rom it says Use * FOR NOW STOCK SLOT ONLY*
So I can install only other Stock roms from G900F on 900A for now?

As long there is SafeStrap for other S5 like I can flash other S5 roms from different S5 models ?
Any other warring I need to know?
@u1988
Here's a little information for u Sir.... 900F and 900T are bootloader Unlocked so u can flash any custom rom... don't worry about Safestrap.... 900A and 900V are ATT and Verizon S5 variant that came with locked Bootloader so we need Safestrap as Custom recovery to install custom rom.... as @s5freak referred to aroma installer ONLY FOR SAFESTRAP RECOVERY .....not yet supported for now. AS ViSiX rom I built it base on ATT NCE so that's why need Safestrap recovery and YES ONLY STOCK SLOT FOR NOW... Hope that's clear your confusion.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ted77usa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s5freak
Old
Thanks Meter 3,373
@u1998 visa versa means you can use 900F 900A and 900T Roms on 900A and those others can flash 900A.
At this and probably in the future SafeStrap recovery is not compatible with aroma installers.
On SafeStrap Rom slots are not available so you must use the Stock slot. I know that's confusing but all you need to do is backup your current rom and when downloading a custom Rom transfer the zip to your external SD card and flash as usual. I have 4 backups on my ex SD card. Remember all your theme zips, Rom zips or whatever you use store on your ex SD card.
You can flash any custom 900A 900T or 900F Rom as long as they are not using aroma installers.
Are you on AT&T? ?? What carrier are you using? If you're not AT&T you don't use SafeStrap that recovery is only for AT&T.
If you're on 900F device disregard all SafeStrap advice and flash in whatever recovery you're using. SafeStrap is only for 900A devices.

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted77usa View Post
@u1988
Here's a little information for u Sir.... 900F and 900T are bootloader Unlocked so u can flash any custom rom... don't worry about Safestrap.... 900A and 900V are ATT and Verizon S5 variant that came with locked Bootloader so we need Safestrap as Custom recovery to install custom rom.... as @s5freak referred to aroma installer ONLY FOR SAFESTRAP RECOVERY .....not yet supported for now. AS ViSiX rom I built it base on ATT NCE so that's why need Safestrap recovery and YES ONLY STOCK SLOT FOR NOW... Hope that's clear your confusion.

@ted77usa that sure cleared things up yep just like mud LOL😂😂😂😂

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s5freak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

u1988
Old
(Last edited by u1988; Today at 02:53 AM.)
Thanks Meter 26
@ted77usa & @s5freak
it’s u1988 not u1998

Wow, Got it Great explanations
Thank you for all your answers!

Just Final Q

1.What will happend if I use odin to flash 900t rom stock with Safestrap installed it will delete it and chance the recovry back to oringal ?
2.Can I use SafeStrap to install other Stock roms too (.tar files are Supported or only .zip files) ?
3.If I use *STOCK SLOT ONLY* in the boot option,It will override my orignal rom because "stock slot" are my 1st rom that allready exists,
if that the case how can I get back to stock rom .tar files in case I didn't backup it up before just flash Odin the stock rom?

That is it.

The reason for all my Q becasue I want to help peple (In my country) with other devies with S5 with bootloder lockes (only for 900A and 900V),
Mainly to flash 900F roms that will give tham full access to Languages Support.

I can only wish someone else will Continue this project becasue the dev. stop official Safestrap support on 9/1/2014.

s5freak
Old
Thanks Meter 3,373
@u1988 if you Odin to stock you'll be on a completely stock Rom no root.
2. Zips only...you can flash custom T/W Roms only no AOSP.
3. Backup your original Rom SafeStrap is built on TWRP recovery. So when you make a backup of your original Rom it automatically stores it in your Ex SD card. If you've flashed a custom Rom using SafeStrap without making a backup yes you'll have to Odin back to stock and start over.
Your questions are welcomed any time please feel free that's what we're here for.

The Following User Says Thank You to s5freak For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

u1988
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by s5freak View Post
@u1988 if you Odin to stock you'll be on a completely stock Rom no root.
2. Zips only...you can flash custom T/W Roms only no AOSP.
3. Backup your original Rom SafeStrap is built on TWRP recovery. So when you make a backup of your original Rom it automatically stores it in your Ex SD card. If you've flashed a custom Rom using SafeStrap without making a backup yes you'll have to Odin back to stock and start over.
Your questions are welcomed any time please feel free that's what we're here for.

Thank you very much!
I really appreciate all the help,
I tried press the button "Thanks" but I reached the max of 8 thanks to 24 hours
That sould be 20 per a day

The Following User Says Thank You to u1988 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
g900f, g900t, gs5, vision