Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,143 Members 54,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LectureNotes app

Tip us?

htcdesirehdjohn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default convert to text

Hi guys, I am sorry in advance if theses questions are already answered I Googled about 56789 times to no avail.

I hear there is no covert to text function with LN ? Is there an add on or what am I missing ?

I only recently bought note 10.1 and installed LN.

Also, is there a formula function I.e for maths lectures ?

Again forgive me if theses are already answered I'm new silly and wanting to learn ..

Regards...

acadoid
Old
Thanks Meter 675
@htcdesirehdjohn: There is no handwriting-to-typed-text conversion in LectureNotes. Note that there are several soft keyboards that provide this functionality, for instance the one that comes with Samsung devices.

cpd3020
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Import PDF

Hello!

Thanks again for the awesome app! I am trying to import PDF's into the software and have seen many instructions to click on IMPORT PDF in settings but I do not see that selections anywhere. I do have one that says IMPORT NOTE OR FOLDER and it even pulls up the ASTRO file manager, but when I click on the PDF it does nothing. I have the Note 12.2 Pro if it makes a difference.

Thanks again!
Shane

acadoid
Old
Thanks Meter 675
@cpd3020: Many thanks for your kind comments.

LectureNotes cannot directly handle PDF, it needs a free helper app PDFView (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cadoid.pdfview or http://www.amazon.com/Acadoid-Develo...dp/B00CPR4L6K/) to convert the PDF file to its own format. Do you have PDFView installed? If not, please install it and restart LectureNotes after installation, then there will be additional menu entries and the PDF import settings will be accessible.

nicmazza87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default creating notebooks with more than 1 page!

hi,
I have used LN mainly to annotate pdf, never for taking notes.
Now Iīd like to do that, but when I create a notebook it always has only one page, and I must then press "add page several times".
Am I missing some obvious option to create a notebook directly with, say, 50 page?

Thanks!

acadoid
Old
Thanks Meter 675
@nicmazza87: The major advantage of electronic notebooks compared to paper notebooks is that you can append and insert new pages on demand. Hence, there is no function to create a notebook of a given number of pages, you add pages as you need them. What LectureNotes allows is to append multiple pages at once, there is a corresponding item in the `handī menu.
The Following User Says Thank You to acadoid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nicmazza87
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadoid View Post
@nicmazza87: The major advantage of electronic notebooks compared to paper notebooks is that you can append and insert new pages on demand. Hence, there is no function to create a notebook of a given number of pages, you add pages as you need them. What LectureNotes allows is to append multiple pages at once, there is a corresponding item in the `handī menu.
yes, make perfect sense. I didnīt see that option!
thanks