Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,408 Members 53,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] [n7100] [4.4.4] [sep14] [CM11-based] **crDroid**

Tip us?

Rickav
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeny80 View Post
Well said, agreed. I like this ROM because it has what I want and very little else. Dunno why but when the ROM I use has heaps of unused features it plays on my mind. OCD?
I have this is old laptop (it's so old, Toshiba discontinued... Toshiba) and, obviously, it's not exactly the first off the starting blocks, as it were. If it could render the starting blocks in the first place, that is. Anyways, to keep it ticking it over, I decided to re-install Windows from scratch (what a pleb, right. Windows, psssh) since it's got to a stage where I can chisel messages into stone and have it delivered halfway across the world by carrier pidgeons before it could open a word document.

I had the company's recovery disc which came with "useful" programmes like Cyberlink DVD burner, McAfee (trial of course) and an assortment of other Toshiba related goodies. I knew that choosing a clean install giving up all of these (don't get me wrong, some of the Toshiba bloat was actually pretty useful for running the laptop smoothly). But the full wipe gave me the opportunity to start from absolutely nothing and then take steps in the direction I wanted.

Right now, it's still humming along and if you questioned me, I could explain to you the use of every single programme available in the Control Panel and why because I am solely responsible for each and every component.

Reading back, I sound like a control freak but that's the general approach I take to my phone as well. Sure, the Note 2 can out-perform my laptop on most benchmark tests but I can't help but feel that there is precious memory space wasted if there is an app/component on it which I don't use/need. One of the main reasons I ventured away from big-named stock-ish roms (I had 2 cameras, galleries and settings apps on Ditto Note rom... 2).

[/end of off-topic rant - back to crDroid]
Quote:
If you would like 20GB free, secure and permanent cloud storage space, follow this link...

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) [-|-|-] Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 (S7582)
ROM: crDroid V7 [-|-|-] SlimKat | CM11 | DN3 | Phoenix | Alliance
Kernel: Stock CM with OC/UV Script [-|-|-] Plasma | Nadia | Agni | Devil | Redpill
Recovery: TeamWin [-|-|-] PhilZ Touch | Devil | ClockworkMod

... I am not a smrt man... But I try to make the most of it... Sometimes...
The Following User Says Thank You to Rickav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rickav
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemoNL View Post
I think what you are getting at

Quick question though. Did you checked settings - date and time. I know on AOSB I need to be there for date and clock settings. Not sure for this rom.

Worth checking out

Sure did, mate!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-09-16-21-23-52.png
Views:	212
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	2939709  
Quote:
If you would like 20GB free, secure and permanent cloud storage space, follow this link...

Kernel: Stock CM with OC/UV Script [-|-|-] Plasma | Nadia | Agni | Devil | Redpill

firebird11
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,824
The main goal of developer Cristiano Matos is to stay as close to cm as possible and put in useful features without losing any stability, this means sometimes you have to sacrifice some to maintain stability, I'll ask him to take back in your daytime into clock but can't promise

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
if i helped you in any way hit the thanks button

tweeny80
Old
Thanks Meter 272
@Rickav Hope you guys survive your Referendum (sorry Firebird, off topic)
The Following User Says Thank You to tweeny80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

carlinleos
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Andoidfilehosting is so slow.... 110kb/s.... it is going to take forever

examiner
Old
Thanks Meter 60
great rom...FC for me when opening is the YouTube, news and weather app..I had to disable it using TB..any idea what causes the trouble?..
Galaxy mini cm7 with JB toggle
Galaxy tab 2 PAC 4.3 $>#
Galaxy SIII SUPERNEXUS
Galaxy note 2.PAC 4.3

Rickav
Old
Thanks Meter 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebird11 View Post
The main goal of developer Cristiano Matos is to stay as close to cm as possible and put in useful features without losing any stability, this means sometimes you have to sacrifice some to maintain stability, I'll ask him to take back in your daytime into clock but can't promise

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Not to worry at all, I had thought as much that this was largely based on CM 11. As I said before, a few letters of text indicating the date in a certain area, or lack thereof, isn't going to affect my overall experience with the ROM much. Especially since I started using expanded desktop mode recently meaning I don't get to see the statusbar, let alone the date/time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeny80 View Post
@Rickav Hope you guys survive your Referendum (sorry Firebird, off topic)

Hope so too. Voting "No, cheers for the offer though" tomorrow. United Kingdom without Scotland is, well, not very united is it? (nobody cares about Wales and N Ireland; not even themselves). Could be a rough day on Friday.
Quote: