Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

[Q] Cant get Vanir 4.4.2 working S7710 xcover2

OP BallStone

21st July 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 6

38 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallStone

Did u flash skomer test2 cwm what is in the main thread or 6.0.4.7 from other source?

Yes, I flashed the skomer test2 cwm from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2689519
18th August 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Have had the same issue for a few days now, I flashed the phone with an older Factory ROM I had, XXAMB6, then wiped and reflashed CM via CWM...et VOILA!! I now have baseband and IMEI working fine, seems stable so far
11th September 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
I can confirm that flashing the XXAMB6 modem will work. Because all the warnings I read everyhwhere I didn't try this with XXAND2.

-First I flashed CWM to the phone, reinstalled CWM to the Vanir suggested CWM.
-Next rooted the phone with SuperSU.
-I flashed the S7710XXAMB6_S7710OXXAMB2_NEE (from sammobile.com) image to the phone usin ODIN.
-Booted to recovery, wiped all userdata and then dalvik cache
-Flash the newest vanir (4.4.4.090814)
-Installed the pa_gapps pack
-And then again reinstalled SuperSU from zip

There are steps that are redundant, but since I am a newbie on Android, I just write this to help others.

I would post this to Vanir main thread, but because I just joined I cannot.

-Niko
15th September 2014, 08:32 AM   |  #34  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaNalle

I can confirm that flashing the XXAMB6 modem will work. Because all the warnings I read everyhwhere I didn't try this with XXAND2.

-First I flashed CWM to the phone, reinstalled CWM to the Vanir suggested CWM.
-Next rooted the phone with SuperSU.
-I flashed the S7710XXAMB6_S7710OXXAMB2_NEE (from sammobile.com) image to the phone usin ODIN.
-Booted to recovery, wiped all userdata and then dalvik cache
-Flash the newest vanir (4.4.4.090814)
-Installed the pa_gapps pack
-And then again reinstalled SuperSU from zip

There are steps that are redundant, but since I am a newbie on Android, I just write this to help others.

I would post this to Vanir main thread, but because I just joined I cannot.

-Niko

I have the same problem with Vanir. Phone says "No service. Emergency calls only", but it still recognize what is my operator (DNA). Last night on home I tried manually search networks, phone find DNA but says something about "canīt connect on this time, try again later". Today morning on home phone did not find that DNA network at, and on workplace it did not find any networks.

Now I flash everything like that guide above. Network connect is good with S7710XXAMB6_S7710OXXAMB2_NEE rom, but now with Vanir same thing, "No service. Emergency calls only". I think my phone with Vanir not "listen" the antenna on full power or something about that.
17th September 2014, 11:51 AM   |  #35  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkar

I have the same problem with Vanir. Phone says "No service. Emergency calls only", but it still recognize what is my operator (DNA). Last night on home I tried manually search networks, phone find DNA but says something about "canīt connect on this time, try again later". Today morning on home phone did not find that DNA network at, and on workplace it did not find any networks.

Now I flash everything like that guide above. Network connect is good with S7710XXAMB6_S7710OXXAMB2_NEE rom, but now with Vanir same thing, "No service. Emergency calls only". I think my phone with Vanir not "listen" the antenna on full power or something about that.

Is there any help on my problem? Now I'am tried about 8 times flash the Vanir, sometimes I'am flashed first older rom sometimes tried csc-change. Nothing seems to help. Always samething "no service", some places it seems to find networks but cant connect. With original rom there is right service everywhere with 3G.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread