Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,850 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][4.4][ROOT] SDFix: Modify device permissions to allow apps to write to MicroSD

Tip us?

Alxhxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tliebeck View Post
Yes, absolutely uninstall it, the app only modifies the file, there's no reason to leave it installed. If you're flashing new ROMs all the time, just keep the APK tucked away somewhere.

I too OCD on the app drawer, wound up using Nova Launcher and creating "Apps", "Games", and "Misc" tabs. All the nonsense thus stays right out of apps.
hi, tliebeck

Would that be possible to use your app for an unrooted phone, since there's still no reliable method to root the Xperia M2 with 4.4.2 installed.

Thanks

Spock0785
Old
Thanks Meter 7
First i thought it did not work on my XPERIA Z with the 10.5.1.A.0.283 Firmware.

But after Restarting the Phone it worked nice

eklisiewicz
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Did not work on the TMO HTC One M8

Phone is rooted, using stock ROM, running 4.4.2 Kitkat. Have made numerous attempts to manually edit the platform.xml file and all have failed. Tried Root Explorer, Total Commander, etc and nothing worked.

Ran this through your app, it said Fixed and I rebooted. Not fixed, tested by trying to delete a photo from my external microSD card using QuickPic. Did not work.

is my only recourse to run a custom ROM? Any help is appreciated.

badaman123
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Hi thanks for . Trying to apply this fix and have granted root access but get the following error Update failed,platform.xml file could not be updated.
Any ideas