Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 42,609 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dock 2014.04 OK?

Tip us?

royredman
Old
(Last edited by royredman; 5th September 2014 at 03:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by malos1984 View Post
2 people are not enough opinions to say its fixed

Its not and those that say it is are lucky or satisfied with an unsatisfactory product.

Anyway good luck on the next i hope it works good

If not refund asap and move on.

I had mine close to a year and 4 times repair over 6months with them and still faulty.
Well, that's extremely discouraging since I mainly bought this tablet+keyboard so I can use it to take notes in class -__- there is a guy in xda that apparently has a fix for the wobble/disconnection problem, have you tried his fix?

also, if it gets to the worst (which I really hope it doesn't) I'll just get my money back for the keyboard and buy a bluetooth keyboard for the money.
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

malos1984
Old
Thanks Meter 17
No because its not my job to fix a fault its asus and they cant fix it.

But thats not the only issue
I get reboots all the time

Done soft wipe etc sent they apparently replace the board
They sent back with a broken memory card slot

Sent back with same freezing and rebooting issue

Kb stops and need to be mount unmounted

The list goes on

Look great idea looks good has decent performance.

But fails to deliver due to poor qc and design

sbdags
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 12,946

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by malos1984 View Post
No because its not my job to fix a fault its asus and they cant fix it.

But thats not the only issue
I get reboots all the time

Done soft wipe etc sent they apparently replace the board
They sent back with a broken memory card slot

Sent back with same freezing and rebooting issue

Kb stops and need to be mount unmounted

The list goes on

Look great idea looks good has decent performance.

But fails to deliver due to poor qc and design
In your experience but not for many others. I get that you haven't had a good device and are angry but I'm fed up of your posts where you are blatantly negative and try to ruin it for others. Please stop posting the same crap over and over. Do you even have the device any more? If not what are you doing here?

People come on here to get help not to hear your rants and be unnecessarily worried.
The Following User Says Thank You to sbdags For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

malos1984
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbdags View Post
In your experience but not for many others. I get that you haven't had a good device and are angry but I'm fed up of your posts where you are blatantly negative and try to ruin it for others. Please stop posting the same crap over and over. Do you even have the device any more? If not what are you doing here?

People come on here to get help not to hear your rants and be unnecessarily worried.
Like i said some people are satisfied with an unsatisfactory product.

I was helping by advising to replace or refund before wasting their own precious time.

Which to most people is important.

Yes i have it i use it to play media via hdmi when it decides to work long enough to finish the movie.

If you r not happy with my advice tough ****
The Following User Says Thank You to malos1984 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thugdrummer1
Old
(Last edited by thugdrummer1; 5th September 2014 at 09:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
Most people who buy a product that works to their satisfaction don't write about it on forums. It's just expected that a product works as advertised, so nothing to discuss. People who are unsatisfied with a product are more likely to write about their experience. Relative percentages of satisfied vs unsatisfied owners are not accurately reflected.

My 2014.04 dock works fine for my purposes, but I don't use the USB or MicroSD for everyday use. Occasional brief connection losses are not a big concern for me, and possibly not for some others. Still, I've just installed Joep Van Wulfen's fix kit. It's definitely a more solid connection now, but time will tell.

I've also sprayed the back of the dock hinge with 7 or 8 coats of black PlastiDip (after careful masking), to make it much easier for me to open by standing it on the hinge and using two hands. (The bare metal surface would slide around, making it awkward to open, and likely to scratch furniture.) It looks nice and neat, almost factory.

Snah001
Old
(Last edited by Snah001; 10th September 2014 at 09:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1,141
Well SBdags is I think right here but from my own experience and others the whole dock issue wouldn't be a problem if Asus did a better job on the build quality of the TF701.
Next to that it was and maybe still is annoying that they handled the problems with the dock that poor with so many loyal Asus tablet users not choosing for their product anymore.
Still I am puzzled why they did not use the constructional base from the TF700 for the TF701...
Well I moved on and ordered a Dell Venue 11 Pro baytrail with dock (excellent build quality) and for not business purposes a Nvidea Shield 32Gb.
But still use my TF700 every day because it still works nice (thanks to SDbags for Cromi-X Rom) and it's build quality never has let me down although now after 2 years the battery capacity is down by probably 20%.
As stand alone tablet the TF701 is quite OK I guess but I want the transformer format for travelling though.
1 x ONE M8 MaximusHD 7.1.0 - 4.4.3. / S-Off
1 x ONE M7 latest ViperOne / S-Off
1 x One X: S-Off with Hox+ batt on VENOM VIPER-X 4.0.7. Sense 5

1 x ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 with dock on CROMi-X 5.3a
1 x NEXUS 7 2013
1 x Sensation Elegancia ICS Rom
1 x HD2 WM 7.8 Rom

Returned 4x due to build quality issues ASUS Transformer Infinity TF701 with dock
The Following User Says Thank You to Snah001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

royredman
Old
(Last edited by royredman; 13th September 2014 at 06:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 26
Well, here's an update from Excalibur. They received my returned product and they are contacting asus about this issue (since apparently i wasn't the only one that returned the 2014.04 dock) After they get a response back from them, they will either figure it out and send me a newer/good one or refund me.

Hopefully it won't take a month for me to update my situation.

Did anyone bail out of the dock and just buy a Bluetooth keyboard instead? If so, which did you buy?

Edit: Apparently there were only 4 keyboards recently that had this issue on the 2014.04 dock
Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

ToniDaTyga
Old
Thanks Meter 0
It's sad that the issues continue. I have the 11/2013 dock. Yes, I have wobble and disconnect issues but I no longer carry the dock with me. I have it on a desk to use when I want to use my tablet as a computer. On the dock it sits stationary with a bluetooth mouse. I have no issues when it sits perfectly still. That's the compromise I made. It's not a solution. It's just a way for me to cope with a great tablet that has a problematic dock. When I carry the tablet with me it has a case that holds a stylus and a foldable stand. It works for me.

Sleeepy2
Old
Thanks Meter 102
I got a 10/2013 dock and have no issues with it. Minor wobble but I am not even sure I would call it wobble, it's a 10 inch tablet sticking up out of a small hinge, without a full length hinge it would always wobble.
I have never had any disconnect issues.
I bought the "fix" from Joepo77 really just to see what it was as I didn't have any issues. The fix for me is actually too tight and I have a hard time connecting and disconnecting from the keyboard so I removed the fix.

I was just wanted to let people know that all of the docks are not crap, as it has been mentioned only people that have had an issue post. If there is no issue most people don't post.
Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Carbon Rom for now

ASUS Transformer TF701
ROM: CROMi-X

HP TouchPad
ROM: CM 10 something or other.