Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,750 Members 43,792 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.3] 6/4/2014- Stock Google Play Edition KTU84L.H4 - 2.10.1700.4

Tip us?

manup456
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 409

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by buhanita View Post
How can i update this to 4.4.4 ? I recive a notification with 4.4.4 update but after phone restart in recovery i recive an error and i need to restart the phone.
Post #522 it was updated http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54162565

[ROM][4.4.3] 6/4/2014- Stock Google Play Edition KTU84L.H4 - 2.10.1700.4

<b>Stock GPe 4.4.4</b><br />
<br />
(Redid to get rid of red text..so now the write protection isn't disabled..no init.d added to kernel)<br />
<br />
-New KTU84P.H1 Base<br />
-Rooted with latest Sup......

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

buhanita
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I tryed to install that zip from manup456 link and dont work .... So how can i flash 4.4.4 version ? can someone help me please?

xjreyes
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
I tryed to install that zip from manup456 link and dont work .... So how can i flash 4.4.4 version ? can someone help me please?
Just go to page 53, and re-download it. Works perfectly
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+XavierReyes512/

Device: T-Mobile HTC ONE M8

Previous devices Nexus 5, Nexus 7 FHD LG G2, Xperia Z,Nexus 4,LG Optimus G,SGSIII X2, HTC Evo LTE, SGSII X2, Nexus S, Epic touch, HTC Evo, HTC Hero, Touch Pro2,

lt1pnyklr
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quick question.

I have an unlocked and rooted HTC M8 from AT&T that I'm going to use on T-Mobile. Is there anything I need to flash or do before installing this rom?

Also, anyway to achieve S-OFF now that firewater method no longer works and that's free?

buhanita
Old
(Last edited by buhanita; Today at 11:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 13
I tryed to install the update from page 53 via cwm recovery. E: Error in data/media/0/1/GPe_4.4.4_stock_m8.zip (status 7) Installation aborted. What is the problem ?

benj!
Old
Thanks Meter 8
This is so awesome - thanks for the hard work, devs. Phone seems a lot snappier than it did with Sense.

Forgive a n00b question, but what is the main benefit of doing the full GPE conversion as opposed to using this rom? The OTA update?

Cheers

lt1pnyklr
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
I tryed to install the update from page 53 via cwm recovery. E: Error in data/media/0/1/GPe_4.4.4_stock_m8.zip (status 7) Installation aborted. What is the problem ?
Maybe a bad download. Delete the original and try again.

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by benj! View Post
This is so awesome - thanks for the hard work, devs. Phone seems a lot snappier than it did with Sense.

Forgive a n00b question, but what is the main benefit of doing the full GPE conversion as opposed to using this rom? The OTA update?

Cheers
From what I saw whole browsing the forums the ota obviously is key benefit but I saw a warning that some were unable to ever flash the stock ROM again with sense. This may not be a big deal unless you ever decided to sell the phone and they wanted it back the way it was.