Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 40,450 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP][Nightly/Release] CarbonRom KitKat [moto_msm8960]

Tip us?

chrisb906
Old
Thanks Meter 118
So what do u mean exactly?I'm sorry. I was wondering if that was OK to flash. I hear your deving rocks. Lol. And I would like to try it.

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,527

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisb906 View Post
So what do u mean exactly?I'm sorry. I was wondering if that was OK to flash. I hear your deving rocks. Lol. And I would like to try it.
I thought you were asking if this was still being developed because the last build was the 8th... I wanted to reassure you that it was still being actively built.

If all you wanted to know if it was OK to flash, then yes! It certainly is, assuming you have a moto_msm8960_jbbl device (Atrix HD fits that bill until you get official KK from moto).
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisb906
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Yes. I have atrix HD mb866

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Is the msm8960 amd atrix hd the same principle as HTC desire HD is to HTC inspire?

arrrghhh
Old
Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3,527

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Is the msm8960 amd atrix hd the same principle as HTC desire HD is to HTC inspire?
I.... don't think so. But I have never owned a native Android device made by HTC.

moto_msm8960_jbbl is the Atrix HD, RAZR HD, RAZR M, Electrify M and Photon Q - all Motorola's with the same processor (and kernel). So long as the Jellybean bootloader is being used (some devices have gotten an official update from Moto which included a new bootloader) you can flash this unified build.
The Following User Says Thank You to arrrghhh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IronTechmonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:

I can testify to the fact that the 8960 jbbl Carbon ROMs runs nicely on the Atrix HD/MB886 (though check your processor usage and battery life)

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrrghhh View Post
I.... don't think so. But I have never owned a native Android device made by HTC.

moto_msm8960_jbbl is the Atrix HD, RAZR HD, RAZR M, Electrify M and Photon Q - all Motorola's with the same processor (and kernel). So long as the Jellybean bootloader is being used (some devices have gotten an official update from Moto which included a new bootloader) you can flash this unified build.
btw; I've been testing Carbon every few weeks on my MB886 - still getting those processor revs around the use of the notification shade/back button. If nobody else is experiencing this so it goes but I suspect that folks are just not noticing it (but perhaps wondering about battery life). If it is an issue affecting all AHD users I can try to drill more information out of my tests.
The Following User Says Thank You to IronTechmonkey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chrisb906
Old
Thanks Meter 118
So you are saying battery life on this rom is poor?

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk