App Review: Calculating Your Android Calculator Options

Sure, everyone has a default Calculator and its something that you dont think about … more

MultiROM Once Again Available for the Galaxy S4

Multiboot, or the ability to select betweenmultiple operating systems on a single device at … more

Build an Impractical But Awesome Lego Mindstorm Dock

The vast majority of what we cover here on the XDA-Developers News Portal relates to … more

MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Newbie to installing Roms

TechGirl90
16th June 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #1  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
I have a sprint variant of the LG G2 running Android 4.4.2 kitkat and I'm interested in trying the CloudyG3 Rom, and I was wondering, what are the most simple steps to installing the CloudyG3 Rom so that I won't make any mistakes? Appreciate all the help I can get. [emoji4]

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
16th June 2014, 11:32 PM   |  #2  
Flag State of VA
Thanks Meter: 86

813 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGirl90

I have a sprint variant of the LG G2 running Android 4.4.2 kitkat and I'm interested in trying the CloudyG3 Rom, and I was wondering, what are the most simple steps to installing the CloudyG3 Rom so that I won't make any mistakes? Appreciate all the help I can get. [emoji4]

Make sure you are up to date with KK baseband and modem...then follow the instructions that he has posted, it is basic as that...

Granted that you are already rooted with a custom recovery since you are inquiring about flashing a Ported ROM

this is what I did:

DL the ROM
Place on SD card
reboot recovery
Make a back up of your current ROM
wipe everything except Internal Data (Do not wipe internal data.)
after wipe you can now choose the ROM and install

if you have white lines after first boot there are Kernels that fix it in the second post FAQ on the original thread
if you do get the white lines power your device off and boot to recovery by holding Volume down and Sleep/power button, entering until Recovery mode appears on the screen..
The Following User Says Thank You to hooover For This Useful Post: [ View ]
TechGirl90
16th June 2014, 11:38 PM   |  #3  

n/a posts
Ok, thanks, I'll try that. 😊

TechGirl90
17th June 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #4  

n/a posts
Ok, I'm in recovery mode and went to wipe, then I went to Advanced Wipe, and it shows these options: Dalvik Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, and Cache, which ones should be checked and unchecked?
17th June 2014, 05:13 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
More
Be careful of what you delete!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGirl90

Ok, I'm in recovery mode and went to wipe, then I went to Advanced Wipe, and it shows these options: Dalvik Cache, System, Data, Internal Storage, and Cache, which ones should be checked and unchecked?

As hooover stated, check everything except the Internal Storage. Wiping the internal storage will delete the OS!
The Following User Says Thank You to SpartanChef For This Useful Post: [ View ]
TechGirl90
17th June 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #6  

n/a posts
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartanChef

As hooover stated, check everything except the Internal Storage. Wiping the internal storage will delete the OS!

Ok, Thank you to both of you!
16th August 2014, 04:36 AM   |  #7  

9 posts
Install super g2
The best
17th September 2014, 03:01 PM   |  #8  
Flag Nashik
Thanks Meter: 456

2,094 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover

Make sure you are up to date with KK baseband and modem...then follow the instructions that he has posted, it is basic as that...

I am on official/stock ZVD & only rooted so far. So if it's official then it must be already on KK basband, right ?

Please quote me while replying so I will get a tapatalk notification.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread