Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

can't boot into recovery mode

OP daxperienced1

1st June 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Flag Chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
More
well, im in india, and here, thankfully, carriers don't bother with locking bootloader and stuff.

And thanks to fatguy666. booting into fastboot mode was genius.

i booted into it and flashed kernel using flashtool.
and then phone went into recovery using normal given methods.

everything is done and dusted now. my xperia z2 is rooted! yay!

i love XDA. and thanks to fatguy
1st June 2014, 02:13 PM   |  #12  
Flag GoldCoast/Kanagawa(Japan)
Thanks Meter: 13

74 posts
More
Gratz! enjoy!

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Free mobile app
1st June 2014, 02:19 PM   |  #13  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 52

119 posts
More
Aww thanks!

Seriously, I struggled with this for a couple of hours last night. And here I was thinking Sony loved devs!
4th June 2014, 07:36 AM   |  #14  
Flag New Delhi

26 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daxperienced1

Hello XDA! this is my first post here. Though i have been reading it for a long time and and i am very helpful to this site for all help it provides.
this is first time i have to post because i couldn't find any solution after two days of searching around.

I have a sony xperia Z2 (D6502) and i was trying to root that thing. i unlocked the bootloader using Sony's official guide. But i can't root it. i consulted a guide at android.gs which told me to just download superSU.zip and boot into recovery, and install zip from there.however i just can't boot into recovery.

All the guides for booting Z2 into recovery say that -
1) Switch off the phone
2) Switch on, when notification led lights up, press volume up or down a few times.

But -
when switching on, notification lights of my phone never light up.it just shows a Sony logo, followed by a Xperia Logo and boot animation.

even the adb boot recovery method does not work. phone just does a complete restart. thats it.

Do i even have a recovery installed on my phone? i got no idea.

Same here .. am too facing the same situation in India. It is not possible to go into Recovery Mode with any procedure i.e. tried Keys Combination and also through ADB method but didn't succeeded.

Is it mandatory to unlock the Bootloader before entering Recovery Mode? Please help.

Regards!
11th September 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #15  
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 28

880 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvind Jain

Same here .. am too facing the same situation in India. It is not possible to go into Recovery Mode with any procedure i.e. tried Keys Combination and also through ADB method but didn't succeeded.

Is it mandatory to unlock the Bootloader before entering Recovery Mode? Please help.

Regards!

my bl is locked and my recovery worked fine until after x amount of restarts and now it will not let me back in.
11th September 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #16  
Flag Riihimäki, Finland
Thanks Meter: 36

178 posts
More
Hi all, there are a few poeple on here with the same problem. The link is for the dual recovery thread. I assume everybody is on .314 and that is what everybody has? The problem is being looked into. I'm also looking for a solution. I did have it installed before updating to .314 so I'm gonna wait till a solution is found before re-installing. Apart from clean installing .314 and re-installing dual recovery I can't think of a solution off the top of my head. I was posting back and forward with someone last night who had tried re-installing dual recovery, but to no avail. Hence the reason I'm gonna wait. Hope this helps a bit peeps
12th September 2014, 11:40 AM   |  #17  
Flag Hong Kong

880 posts
More
Yes on 314. I was thinking of.flashing a old fw onto phone before.dual recovery again but this issue has been around for months and I really need to update my rom
16th September 2014, 08:44 PM   |  #18  

8 posts
Unhappy
All I want is to be in recovery mode on stock fw 314.

When I turn my phone off and start it and waiting for the lightbar to show up for me to press either volume up or volume down several times to get into recovery mode, but my lightbar never light up and the sony loggo comes up and the phone starts normal.

I have also tried to go into recovery mode through my PC with USB debugging and ADB on on my phone and using an script and the phone just starts normal.

I have also tried an app called Quick Boot from Google Play but the phone starts normal.

My Phone:

Bootloader unlocked.
Rooted: Yes
FW: Stock 314. (I dont want any other than stock FW)
17th September 2014, 03:34 PM   |  #19  
Flag Hong Kong

880 posts
More
ok I fixed mine, recovery did not support partition upon boot hence why it did not load

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread