[Q&A][Discussion]Xdabbeb's Camera Mod

Search This thread

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Love this phone, just got it. And I read about this camera mod soon after I ordered the phone. Just makes it even better. But I've got a quick question: would it be possible to cut the recording resolution in half and double the framerate as another option? If so, do you think you could add that feature?

well that isn't a feature but that is how 720p slow motion recording, the video is recorded at 480p so that it can reach an fps of 120 and then the finished video is upscaled to 720p

MarvinFS

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 11, 2010
Ekaterinburg
Lg g3 d855

i have a G3 D855 (3\32 ver)
apk v5 works great! (only after changing the DPI to 480 in xposed module "app settings")
still when flasing the binaries from v1.0.1 - For G3-based roms download link
camera fails to start (can't connect to camera) on my 10g and 10i FWs
here is the logcat

Attachments

• camera.7z
    84.2 KB · Views: 10

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
i have a G3 D855 (3\32 ver)
apk v5 works great! (only after changing the DPI to 480 in xposed module "app settings")
still when flasing the binaries from v1.0.1 - For G3-based roms download link
camera fails to start (can't connect to camera) on my 10g and 10i FWs
here is the logcat

well since the mod is specifically for the g2 and the roms for us would explain it not working; the g3 uses similar libs but it has a few of it's own the mod we use is using the libs form the g pro 2 which have been ported to the g2 and those are also libs being used in most ported flex/pro 2/g3 roms; there is no version for the official g3, I do know that he has access to one but do not know if he will be making a mod for the g3; would need to ask xdabbeb

keithsmith22

Aug 17, 2010
Verizon 4.4.2 VS98024A

I want to install this for my rooted stock 4.4.2 VS98024A. However, FreeGee does not have a way to flash custom recoveries for this build number yet. Anyone got any ideas on how to flash custom recovery without FreeGee. I need to be able to make a backup incase something goes wrong.

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
I want to install this for my rooted stock 4.4.2 VS98024A. However, FreeGee does not have a way to flash custom recoveries for this build number yet. Anyone got any ideas on how to flash custom recovery without FreeGee. I need to be able to make a backup incase something goes wrong.
You want to use autorec

Sent from my Pikachu powered LG D800

Last edited:

johnms1986

Jul 28, 2014
My phone is stock but has been rooted via towelroot. I have downloaded and installed v5.

Is it a must that i download the binaries to see any difference? If so, is it just as simple as downloading the files and installing?

EDIT: I have just tried to install the binaries through Autorec. It soft bricked my phone at the LG logo. Any suggestions? Should i have wiped the cache after it installed?

Last edited:

sqlpro

Jul 4, 2012
lock screen

Hi Guys
I've little annoyance and hoping someone figured out an answer already. when i long press (vol down) to launch camera why screen doesn't turn on ? Yes camera is launched but i still need to double tab on screen and wake the screen. I dont have this issue with stock camera.

BTW i use cloudyg3 1.3 (D802), any advise is appreciated.

EDIT: I installed apk version.

dazed1

Jul 24, 2013
Taken from another thread:

Q: "Is it possible to get the anti-shaking Video setting (I think this is LG's OIS+) on all video options?. At the moment it is limited upto 1080p 30fps which is fine but I thought I'd ask nonetheles"

A: That menu is actually superfluous in v3.x as the eis is always active now. I will likely just remove the menu option.

Q: Hi, does this mean that we get OIS + EIS on all recording modes? 4K/1080p 60 fps?

Q: Does the EIS + OIS work on Cloudy G3 1.3, or we must use your XCAM app to get it? do i need to install anything other from your app, if i use Cloudy G3 1.3 in order to get the best from your app, or the libraries are already included?

Last edited:

elderap

Sep 17, 2012
Guys, when using this app in stock rom there is some loss in the quality of the photos? I know we won new feature, but wanted to know about the quality itself

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
I'm glad that I stumble on this thread, was intending to ask in the Mod's thread but, I hope asking here is more appropriate.
Anyway, as a G2 owner for year, I'm happy with the stock app until yesterday, I decided to give xdabbeb's xcam lg app a shot.
I've heard nothing but great about the mod, much better image quality, much more feature, slow motion, 4K video, ..... etc. Sounds great.
So, follow "How to Install XCam LG on this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2548974
Got the .apk downloaded and installed. Ran the new app with all excitement. Disappointed.
By no mean to disrespect or downplay xdabbeb but I see nothing NEW, from GUI, settings, features, .... I don't see anything different (well, 99% is the same).
Matter of fact, the taken picture came out DARK, like underexposed or taken in lowlight while it's much brighter when taken with the stock app.
That triggered me to think that I must do something wrong or miss something else.

Now, I'm on stock ROM, rooted, twrp recovery. The question is
+ do I need to download the other .apk app, listed on post #3 AND flash the binary file in order to see "the advancement"? xdabbeb said " If you are running firmware that has the Advanced Driver Package installed (rooted devices only),.... " but I don't know my phone does or does not have the ADP.
+ also, in order to get those advancements, do I need to have the XCam LG Settings installed. It's paid app.

Thanks all

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
I'm glad that I stumble on this thread, was intending to ask in the Mod's thread but, I hope asking here is more appropriate.
Anyway, as a G2 owner for year, I'm happy with the stock app until yesterday, I decided to give xdabbeb's xcam lg app a shot.
I've heard nothing but great about the mod, much better image quality, much more feature, slow motion, 4K video, ..... etc. Sounds great.
So, follow "How to Install XCam LG on this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2548974
Got the .apk downloaded and installed. Ran the new app with all excitement. Disappointed.
By no mean to disrespect or downplay xdabbeb but I see nothing NEW, from GUI, settings, features, .... I don't see anything different (well, 99% is the same).
Matter of fact, the taken picture came out DARK, like underexposed or taken in lowlight while it's much brighter when taken with the stock app.
That triggered me to think that I must do something wrong or miss something else.

Now, I'm on stock ROM, rooted, twrp recovery. The question is
+ do I need to download the other .apk app, listed on post #3 AND flash the binary file in order to see "the advancement"? xdabbeb said " If you are running firmware that has the Advanced Driver Package installed (rooted devices only),.... " but I don't know my phone does or does not have the ADP.
+ also, in order to get those advancements, do I need to have the XCam LG Settings installed. It's paid app.

Thanks all

If you are on stock rom then you do not have the advanced driver package, in order to be able to see improvement in the camera you need to install the binary package which is where most improvements come from and mixing the binary package with the xcam is the way to see all the improvements

The lgsettings app over at the play store was a way for xdabbeb to add more features not available on stock he has given it to the people who have donated to him for his hard work and the people who want to donate to him in the future can also do so by buying the app from the play store in addition to using paypal

XXZOMBIEPIKACHU WAS HERE

Reactions: votinh

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
If you are on stock rom then you do not have the advanced driver package, in order to be able to see improvement in the camera you need to install the binary package which is where most improvements come from and mixing the binary package with the xcam is the way to see all the improvements

The lgsettings app over at the play store was a way for xdabbeb to add more features not available on stock he has given it to the people who have donated to him for his hard work and the people who want to donate to him in the future can also do so by buying the app from the play store in addition to using paypal

XXZOMBIEPIKACHU WAS HERE

Got it.
Clear as crystal :)
Thanks a lot, Zombie

tomarin

Aug 20, 2014
Google Pixel 7 Pro
video capture

Hello all,
what video setings are you using when recording fast mowing objects at a small distance?
Full example
When trying to record a sports event (like a box match) with "fast" moving objects at a distance of cca 10m (cca 30feet) with zoom at x1.5 my camera looses focus .
I am trying to record it at @60 or even @120 fps-this with no zoom (for better slow-mo reviewing later) at HD or FHD resolution.
Light conditions are not the best (indoor with fluo lights)
What happens is that even when I focus on some static object at same distance, when I center the camera on mowing objects (in this case people) camera looses focus, and cant focus, even in a few minutes.

Is there a way to manualy set a fix focus lenght (focal distance) so it the camera doesent autofocus any more.

Recording at @30 fps is realy not an option for me.
Now I know our LG G2 is not a DSLR but I was just wondering about your experience with this specific kind of video task.
I have flashed the right binaries (wipe cash includded) and even a new 5.x,x,app. I am on CloudyG3 1.3 ROM and stock (Cloudy) kernel

ps sorry for my bad english and poor spelling

fikkri.fp

Jul 14, 2014
Surabaya
camera has been stopped

Hi all, can you help me? After I install xdabbed advanced driver/binaries g3 on my cloudy g3 v 2.0, I got some issue that my g3 camera has been stop. But I can use othe camera app, only g3 camera has this problem. What should I do? Any advice..?:crying:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [SIZE=+2]This thread has been created
    for
    Questions & Answers/Discussion
    [/SIZE]​
    [SIZE=+2]Specific to[/SIZE]

Click link here>> Xdabbeb's Camera Mod <<Click link here

Please feel free to share issues, questions and offer help

It is always best to thank an OP, in lieu of simply posting "Thank you".

redLine.png

Please keep discussion focused, on the topic described in the OP
    redLine.png
    Reserved

Most Common Questions

Can I flash this on CM/PA/AOSP/OMNI based roms?
    No

Will this be ported over to CM/PA/AOSP/OMNI based roms?
    Who knows, it would take a lot of work and not all libs would be able to be ported to there roms.

Is this compatible with x/y/z rom?
    As long as the rom is based on LG stock rom for the g2 it should work. The rom may work on G Pro/G Flex based roms but it isn't guaranteed.

Does this include x/y/z feature from G pro 2?
    Yes it is a full g pro 2 port.

How do I enable chroma flash?
    It is always enabled.

How do I enable ois+?
    It is always enabled even on camera functions with the option greyed out.

I don't have custom recovery but want to use this mod?
    Well get custom recovery, if you cannot because of personal reasons then bender007 has created apk installers that only need root.

How do I watch a video in slow motion?
    As long as you have the video mod installed after recording the video when you play it touch the menu button and select playback speed then slow it down.

How can I save my video in slow motion?
    You would need to do so with a video editing app that allows you slow down the video and save it either on android or on the pc.

Am on XDABBEB's VS982.5 v1.0.0; do I just download "XCam LG - for G2 using the advanced driver" and install or do I need one of the other versions?
    You can install the advanced version, but due to the fact that my fw is using a G3 camera driver, VR Pano won't work. You'd also need to include the appropriate voice shutter library if you use that feature. If you don't want to bother with that or don't know how, just wait until I post a new version in the VS982.5 thread.
    I know the G2 has better hardware but may be posible a version 1'5k or 90fps or something like that?
    Though the hardware is capable, none of the current drivers support 90fps.
    loving when people say that the dev MUST fix something... politeness - level 0...
    This has 4k. If you don't see the option, it's because:

a) you installed the wrong version
    or
    b) your firmware doesn't support it and would need to be modified