Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,934 Members 37,571 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Galaxy Gear 1 + Tizen = great battery life.

Tip us?

lilstevie
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,030

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by noellenchris View Post
So I finally decided I'd try what someone suggested and boot to odin/recovery/download mode by holding 10sec and then pressing power again five times to drop me to recovery, where I pressed power again to select Recovery and press pwr for 3-4sec to select.
I updated to tizen using heimdall as I run linux and didn't have kies installed on my windows machine. I get about 3.5 days off a charge now.

With Android I had 16hours with stock kernel, and 1.5 days with my kernel so Tizen is certainly a massive improvement.

This is with smart wake enabled, and using the Weather Clock face with a black background.

I do wonder what percentage of those facing absolutely terrible battery lifes have something other than black as the background. As the display is AMOLED a black pixel means no light and no power usage. The more black on the screen theoretically the less battery the screen should consume.

Backlight is usually set to 4

Trying to figure what else may be pertenent to my exact config that leads to the battery life I get.

Consumption varies by the day, but the usual daily remaining charge breakdown is:
First day between 71 and 89%, second day 40-55%, third day 11-18% and will die about half way through the 4th. I have managed to make a full 4 days 2 or 3 times, but I usually throw it on charge at the end of the third day for the sake of making sure it doesn't die when I'm out
Devices:
HTC One M8 Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005 Galaxy Gear SM-V700 Transformer Prime TF201 Transformer TF101 Galaxy Tab 7" P1000 Xperia Z (yuga) (dead) Xperia T (mint) Surface RT Xperia Tablet Z (pollux_windy)
Projects:

Donations:
Paypal: Here LTC: LfwuQyVL88vhpgsz4doXcfvYt1SM6gRT7N BTC: 15Fvy7ThYW4fuXy5PW4Ue1FwznNKbN3oUo
The Following User Says Thank You to lilstevie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dodgebizkit
Old
Thanks Meter 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by snk012 View Post
So I went ahead a went with your suggestion. Watch has been off the charger since 7am. It is 12:12p right now and it's only dropped from 100% to 96%. Much better than before.

I am going to run it all day and see how it compares and report back. But so far it seems a lot better than before.

Thanks for your help~ much appreciated~
Just tried this... Hope to see good results I hardly use the gear because i cant be bothered to charge it every day...

Fonzei
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Anyone else have any experience with TizenMod and Nexus 5 combo?

I loaded TizenMod 3.0 on my Gear 1 and haven't noticed any real battery advantage vs android. I did reset on the Gear and still the same. On regular standby paired to my phone I lose about 8% an hour and when using it as standalone music player with a Bluetooth headset I run thru ~40-50% in an hour. I'm paired up to rooted Nexus 5 stock ROM using Gear Manager 2.0.14031004. Any suggestions to increase battery life or is that as good as it gets?

Sent from my nexus 5 using XDA mobile app