Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,727 Members 52,614 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q&A][Discussion]Xdabbeb's Camera Mod

Tip us?

pertilee
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Is there a way to manual focus while recording Full-HD 60 fps at any G2 Stock ROM's camera? Just like G3
Sony Ericsson Live With Walkman

sqlpro
Old
Thanks Meter 136
Default lock screen

Hi Guys
I've little annoyance and hoping someone figured out an answer already. when i long press (vol down) to launch camera why screen doesn't turn on ? Yes camera is launched but i still need to double tab on screen and wake the screen. I dont have this issue with stock camera.

BTW i use cloudyg3 1.3 (D802), any advise is appreciated.

EDIT: I installed apk version.
**** Rocking on LG G2 (D802) ****

dazed1
Old
(Last edited by dazed1; 1st September 2014 at 06:27 AM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Taken from another thread:

Q: "Is it possible to get the anti-shaking Video setting (I think this is LG's OIS+) on all video options?. At the moment it is limited upto 1080p 30fps which is fine but I thought I'd ask nonetheles"

A: That menu is actually superfluous in v3.x as the eis is always active now. I will likely just remove the menu option.

Q: Hi, does this mean that we get OIS + EIS on all recording modes? 4K/1080p 60 fps?

Q: Does the EIS + OIS work on Cloudy G3 1.3, or we must use your XCAM app to get it? do i need to install anything other from your app, if i use Cloudy G3 1.3 in order to get the best from your app, or the libraries are already included?

dazed1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Anyone?

elderap
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Guys, when using this app in stock rom there is some loss in the quality of the photos? I know we won new feature, but wanted to know about the quality itself

votinh
Old
Thanks Meter 425
I'm glad that I stumble on this thread, was intending to ask in the Mod's thread but, I hope asking here is more appropriate.
Anyway, as a G2 owner for year, I'm happy with the stock app until yesterday, I decided to give xdabbeb's xcam lg app a shot.
I've heard nothing but great about the mod, much better image quality, much more feature, slow motion, 4K video, ..... etc. Sounds great.
So, follow "How to Install XCam LG on this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2548974
Got the .apk downloaded and installed. Ran the new app with all excitement. Disappointed.
By no mean to disrespect or downplay xdabbeb but I see nothing NEW, from GUI, settings, features, .... I don't see anything different (well, 99% is the same).
Matter of fact, the taken picture came out DARK, like underexposed or taken in lowlight while it's much brighter when taken with the stock app.
That triggered me to think that I must do something wrong or miss something else.

Now, I'm on stock ROM, rooted, twrp recovery. The question is
+ do I need to download the other .apk app, listed on post #3 AND flash the binary file in order to see "the advancement"? xdabbeb said " If you are running firmware that has the Advanced Driver Package installed (rooted devices only),.... " but I don't know my phone does or does not have the ADP.
+ also, in order to get those advancements, do I need to have the XCam LG Settings installed. It's paid app.

Thanks all
Official CM10.1 Nightly @ 1000MHz NOOKcolor
Offiical CM11 KK Nightly on Kindle Fire 1st-Gen
Rooted Kindle Fire HD 8.9" w/ Nova Launcher
Virgin JB 4.3 on Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Rooted stock-ROM KK 4.4.2 on LG-D800

Virgin Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 - LOST
Slimbean 8.1 on Galaxy S2 i777 - LOST

XxZombiePikachu
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,426
Quote:
Originally Posted by votinh View Post
I'm glad that I stumble on this thread, was intending to ask in the Mod's thread but, I hope asking here is more appropriate.
Anyway, as a G2 owner for year, I'm happy with the stock app until yesterday, I decided to give xdabbeb's xcam lg app a shot.
I've heard nothing but great about the mod, much better image quality, much more feature, slow motion, 4K video, ..... etc. Sounds great.
So, follow "How to Install XCam LG on this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2548974
Got the .apk downloaded and installed. Ran the new app with all excitement. Disappointed.
By no mean to disrespect or downplay xdabbeb but I see nothing NEW, from GUI, settings, features, .... I don't see anything different (well, 99% is the same).
Matter of fact, the taken picture came out DARK, like underexposed or taken in lowlight while it's much brighter when taken with the stock app.
That triggered me to think that I must do something wrong or miss something else.

Now, I'm on stock ROM, rooted, twrp recovery. The question is
+ do I need to download the other .apk app, listed on post #3 AND flash the binary file in order to see "the advancement"? xdabbeb said " If you are running firmware that has the Advanced Driver Package installed (rooted devices only),.... " but I don't know my phone does or does not have the ADP.
+ also, in order to get those advancements, do I need to have the XCam LG Settings installed. It's paid app.

Thanks all
If you are on stock rom then you do not have the advanced driver package, in order to be able to see improvement in the camera you need to install the binary package which is where most improvements come from and mixing the binary package with the xcam is the way to see all the improvements

The lgsettings app over at the play store was a way for xdabbeb to add more features not available on stock he has given it to the people who have donated to him for his hard work and the people who want to donate to him in the future can also do so by buying the app from the play store in addition to using paypal

XXZOMBIEPIKACHU WAS HERE
The Following User Says Thank You to XxZombiePikachu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

votinh
Old
Thanks Meter 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxZombiePikachu View Post
If you are on stock rom then you do not have the advanced driver package, in order to be able to see improvement in the camera you need to install the binary package which is where most improvements come from and mixing the binary package with the xcam is the way to see all the improvements

The lgsettings app over at the play store was a way for xdabbeb to add more features not available on stock he has given it to the people who have donated to him for his hard work and the people who want to donate to him in the future can also do so by buying the app from the play store in addition to using paypal

XXZOMBIEPIKACHU WAS HERE
Got it.
Clear as crystal
Thanks a lot, Zombie
Official CM10.1 Nightly @ 1000MHz NOOKcolor
Offiical CM11 KK Nightly on Kindle Fire 1st-Gen
Rooted Kindle Fire HD 8.9" w/ Nova Launcher
Virgin JB 4.3 on Sony Xperia Tablet Z
Rooted stock-ROM KK 4.4.2 on LG-D800

Virgin Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 - LOST
Slimbean 8.1 on Galaxy S2 i777 - LOST

Tags