Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM]4.4.2-R.O.D.T/R.D.D.T-NCB/ND2/Mystery-WifiCall/DLBoost/Hotspot/Source kernel 6/5

Tip us?

rompnit
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 16,954

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_ross View Post
Thanks for the reply! What is the apk called in the bloat? I can't find it. Or it's named something not obvious.
EDIT: Found it, had the wrong bloat package.
EDIT2: Now when I try and install the widget with easy installer it says "App not installed"...?
EDIT3: Ok so after manually copying the Widget APK to both /data/app & /system/app and restarting it's showing up. Not sure what one I don't need to keep though...

Stock touchwiz? So this rom isn't using that or it is? How do I tell what launcher I'm running?
EDIT: Ok under Default Applications in setting it says I'm on TouchWiz home. So stock touchwiz can't have apps and folders on the same screen? I find that hard to believe... What am I missing here?
You don't need the widget in data/app.. just fyi
And yes, the TouchWiz launcher keeps the folders separate in the app tray, but on your main screens you can combine both apps and folders.
Apex launcher is also included in this ROM, may want to check it out? A lot more customization in Apex..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rompnit For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bob_ross
Old
(Last edited by bob_ross; 3rd September 2014 at 08:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Is NFC not working for anyone else on this ROM? Can't tell if its something I disabled or my phones hardware is defective...

EDIT: Ok, dur I'm using a 3rd party battery and not a genuine Samsung battery. When I put the genuine Samsung battery in, it works fine. Nothing to do with the ROM.

*facepalm*
The Following User Says Thank You to bob_ross For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stoneyk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This rom needs work.
Fingerprint scanner stopped working, moves real slow, im less than a 1/4 mile from a lte tower an im always on 3g even though my tablet has strong lte, my note 2 smoked my s5 on this rom. So not right....
Rom moves so slow its been hard to get a decent download of another to get off it.
Usually try not to be negetive but fair warning to all this rom has plenty of bigs for me.

tdunham
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 17,981

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneyk View Post
This rom needs work.
Fingerprint scanner stopped working, moves real slow, im less than a 1/4 mile from a lte tower an im always on 3g even though my tablet has strong lte, my note 2 smoked my s5 on this rom. So not right....
Rom moves so slow its been hard to get a decent download of another to get off it.
Usually try not to be negetive but fair warning to all this rom has plenty of bigs for me.
There is nothing wrong with this rom.
And its not appropriate to just state that you're having issues with a rom without first asking if this is a known issue. There are many things, but it sounds to me like you're having trouble with your phone, don't fully understand how the process works with a custom rom or didn't bother to verify your download.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tdunham For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bob_ross
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneyk View Post
This rom needs work.
I have none of these problems.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bob_ross For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]