Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

ZTE Reef (Virgin Mobile)

OP Tarrnation

19th March 2014, 08:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

55 posts
Any chance of getting this phone rooted before it becomes completely obsolete?
29th April 2014, 07:57 AM   |  #2  
Flag Croydon
Thanks Meter: 0

24 posts
Donate to Me
More
Talking ZTE Reef N810 has been rooted!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrnation

Any chance of getting this phone rooted before it becomes completely obsolete?

I just rooted my girlfriend's Reef in about 2 mins. I haven't yet messed with roms or recoveries yet, however, that will be a project for tomorrow. It's a pretty simple procedure, make sure your phone is set to allow apps from unknown sources, Google "Framaroot 1.4.1" from your phone's browser, then download the apk. Also make sure that if you have anti-virus on your phone, clear the defaults, as the apk will not install if you have it set to autoscan before install. Click the download in the notification bar when it is done, then install with "package installer". When done, open the program, install with "Superuser" (which is the default option at the top). My phone rooted with the "Gandalf" exploit. Reboot your device. Verify that "Superuser" shows in the app drawer, I also verify root with "Root Checker" by joeykrim.
29th April 2014, 09:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

55 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwolf769

I just rooted my girlfriend's Reef in about 2 mins. I haven't yet messed with roms or recoveries yet, however, that will be a project for tomorrow. It's a pretty simple procedure, make sure your phone is set to allow apps from unknown sources, Google "Framaroot 1.4.1" from your phone's browser, then download the apk. Also make sure that if you have anti-virus on your phone, clear the defaults, as the apk will not install if you have it set to autoscan before install. Click the download in the notification bar when it is done, then install with "package installer". When done, open the program, install with "Superuser" (which is the default option at the top). My phone rooted with the "Gandalf" exploit. Reboot your device. Verify that "Superuser" shows in the app drawer, I also verify root with "Root Checker" by joeykrim.

Awesome, thanks! Will give this a try soon. Any reason for not using the latest version of Framaroot?
29th April 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #4  
Flag Croydon

24 posts
Donate to Me
More
No specific reason, you could try the latest version if you so desire, that is just the one that I used.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using XDA Free mobile app
30th May 2014, 10:56 AM   |  #5  
OP Member

55 posts
Thanks!
Finally got around to playing with this device. Rooted successfully with framaroot 1.9.2 same method as you described.

Got any optimization tips?
17th September 2014, 06:28 PM   |  #6  

10 posts
Rooted mine as well with Framaroot.apk my next question is I noticed in the Build.prop that is says the product name and device is zte fluid. does that mean that I can use a version of CWM for the fluid if there is one?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread