Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,815 Members 40,450 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HowTo: Wake car mounted Nexus 7 from sleep without power button (2002 Mustang)

Tip us?

egren58
Old
Thanks Meter 205
If you guys want I can make a video of all apps im running and switches and example of how it works..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

02sonicblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by egren58 View Post
If you guys want I can make a video of all apps im running and switches and example of how it works..

The switch is why i posted this thread, unless your talking about something different. Apps are always good.

egren58
Old
Thanks Meter 205
But acording to your post does your tablet turn on as your car turn on?..

02sonicblue
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
But acording to your post does your tablet turn on as your car turn on?..
No mine is always on, and the switch wakes the tablet and then charges it. accessory or engine start is not required to charge.

egren58
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02sonicblue View Post
No mine is always on, and the switch wakes the tablet and then charges it. accessory or engine start is not required to charge.
Oh yeah ive read alot before attempting this and I heard that if your tablet is always on than eventually it will kill it.(dont know if its true or not) Since its always charging. What I did was I re-routed the power button to one of my dash button and I turn it on by that. Works like regular tablet button. And have it set up with tasker to when I turn on the key to ACC wich than sends power to the tablet than the tablet will wake up and start playing my music. And once I turn of the car it will stop playing music, go to sleep, switch airplane mode on and close all running apps..

But just case the power the ACC is providing is not enough to charge the tablet while heavy use I added an extra wire with a switch which basically gives the tablet power while the car is off...

Sorry if im nkt explaining my self clearly. Lol

nuffstylez
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Oh yeah ive read alot before attempting this and I heard that if your tablet is always on than eventually it will kill it.(dont know if its true or not) Since its always charging. What I did was I re-routed the power button to one of my dash button and I turn it on by that. Works like regular tablet button. And have it set up with tasker to when I turn on the key to ACC wich than sends power to the tablet than the tablet will wake up and start playing my music. And once I turn of the car it will stop playing music, go to sleep, switch airplane mode on and close all running apps..

But just case the power the ACC is providing is not enough to charge the tablet while heavy use I added an extra wire with a switch which basically gives the tablet power while the car is off...

Sorry if im nkt explaining my self clearly. Lol

Hey egren58, would you mind posting your tasker profile. Ive been trying for the longest to set up my tablet like yours and couldn't figure it out.

egren58
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuffstylez View Post
Hey egren58, would you mind posting your tasker profile. Ive been trying for the longest to set up my tablet like yours and couldn't figure it out.
How would I imported?. Or do you want me to make a video?. Not aure on how to import.

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Another issue I ran into.. if you are going to use tablet talk jt will interfere with bluetooth gps. If your using bluetooth gps should be good.

nuffstylez
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
How would I imported?. Or do you want me to make a video?. Not aure on how to import.

---------- Post added at 04:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 AM ----------

Another issue I ran into.. if you are going to use tablet talk jt will interfere with bluetooth gps. If your using bluetooth gps should be good.
I have no clue how to import it. I just got the app this week and still learning. If you could post a video, I would be so grateful. Also, im interested in how you added that other wire to charge your nexus when the car is off. Right now I got mines connected to the cigarette lighter, and I don't think it will charge the tablet fast enough. I most do short trips

egren58
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuffstylez View Post
I have no clue how to import it. I just got the app this week and still learning. If you could post a video, I would be so grateful. Also, im interested in how you added that other wire to charge your nexus when the car is off. Right now I got mines connected to the cigarette lighter, and I don't think it will charge the tablet fast enough. I most do short trips
I will make a video. Im still running into one issue.
I need to learn how to add if power off for more than 5 seconds THAN proceed.