Battery Life Discussion

6th September 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #101  
Zagreb
Thanks Meter: 3

57 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dersie

Try in airplane mode to see. With this there are no BT problem and you can eliminate this reason.

After there are an app wich show running task in wear device, you can see if there are not unknown app running.

It helped, now it's back to normal. Thanks
Last edited by matejilic; 10th September 2014 at 10:13 AM.
11th September 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #102  
Flag Aberdeen & Hartlepool
Thanks Meter: 22

49 posts
More
Those of you getting 1% drain per hour of usage, do you have the watch set to always on or just to display when you raise you watch?
12th September 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #103  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Slumber for screen off
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunjamon

Do you leave it on charge all night? Is it OK to do this? I've been taking it off charge when it's done and then powering it off at night. There should be a way to power off the screen while charging.

Check out the Slumber app. Does exactly that...enables the screen to be set to off whenever its connection for charging.
13th September 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #104  
Thanks Meter: 34

186 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickuski

Check out the Slumber app. Does exactly that...enables the screen to be set to off whenever its connection for charging.

It do not power off the screen, only use a black background but backlight is still ON.

Now with the last update if screen is not setup to always ON the screen power off on charge.
15th September 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #105  
Flag York, PA
Thanks Meter: 96

1,164 posts
took mine off the charger 6am friday, and didn't need to put on the charger till sunday at 8:30am with 15% still left on my G Watch, so 2 days is possible.
16th September 2014, 01:18 PM   |  #106  
Hopatcong
Thanks Meter: 52

585 posts
More
What app do people find is using most of their battery power? noticed a big increase in battery usage on my phone after getting my g watch the other day. Installed a few things yesterday just to test them out, but thinking that a few like wearable widgets is doing the most damage to the battery on my device. Not sure how that can be looked at on the watch. What apps do you guys have that are getting the 1% per hour usage on? Im at 85% and just took off charger at 5am. Have been texting from it all morning but still dont think it should be that much drain for that.
16th September 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #107  
Thanks Meter: 22

68 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly1113

What app do people find is using most of their battery power? noticed a big increase in battery usage on my phone after getting my g watch the other day. Installed a few things yesterday just to test them out, but thinking that a few like wearable widgets is doing the most damage to the battery on my device. Not sure how that can be looked at on the watch. What apps do you guys have that are getting the 1% per hour usage on? Im at 85% and just took off charger at 5am. Have been texting from it all morning but still dont think it should be that much drain for that.

Battery comparison is hard. Everyone uses their watch differently. When posting results you need to give basic info on watch usage and setup. I always keep the watch face on, brightness at 2, and usually use the Weather Watch face. Typical workday I receive and review 40+ emails, 10-15 texts with voice responses, plus an average amount of Google Now cards. On these types of days I consistently get a 3.5 % battery drain per hour. That easily gets me through an entire day with no issues. Usually I have 35+% when I put it on the charger for the night.

I have used wearable widget faces and tend to get about a 5.5% drain per hour. For those that turn off always on you may receive longer battery use. I have always worn a watch so I tend to just glance down at it. I don't enjoy having to lift my arm up in an animated motion to get the face to wake up. It was my biggest complaint with the first Sony watch and then the original Gear watch. I have done some reading over at the Moto 360 forum and most owners seem to be using ambient off (motion to wake) in order to achieve reasonable battery life. To me this defeats the whole purpose of the watch. I'm old fashion I want my smartwatch to look and act like a watch plus give me wrist notifications. Overall I am pretty happy with the LG G.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bladder61 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th September 2014, 02:28 PM   |  #108  
Hopatcong
Thanks Meter: 52

585 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladder61

Battery comparison is hard. Everyone uses their watch differently. When posting results you need to give basic info on watch usage and setup. I always keep the watch face on, brightness at 2, and usually use the Weather Watch face. Typical workday I receive and review 40+ emails, 10-15 texts with voice responses, plus an average amount of Google Now cards. On these types of days I consistently get a 3.5 % battery drain per hour. That easily gets me through an entire day with no issues. Usually I have 35+% when I put it on the charger for the night.

I have used wearable widget faces and tend to get about a 5.5% drain per hour. For those that turn off always on you may receive longer battery use. I have always worn a watch so I tend to just glance down at it. I don't enjoy having to lift my arm up in an animated motion to get the face to wake up. It was my biggest complaint with the first Sony watch and then the original Gear watch. I have done some reading over at the Moto 360 forum and most owners seem to be using ambient off (motion to wake) in order to achieve reasonable battery life. To me this defeats the whole purpose of the watch. I'm old fashion I want my smartwatch to look and act like a watch plus give me wrist notifications. Overall I am pretty happy with the LG G.

Thanks for all the helpful/insightful information. Yesterday when i was messing with the watch installing apps and stuff all day it died around midnight which was 20 hours of being off the charger. Will see how today goes ill try to tinker less with it since i know that probably doesnt help the battery at all. I agree having the screen off is very pointless i like seeing the actual time as well without having to lift my arm or what not.
17th September 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #109  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 113

898 posts
More
Went through my first full day with the watch yesterday. I had the brightness at 2 and the "always on" shut off. I took it off the charger at 6:30 am, spent the day playing with it, installing about 15 apps, checking out all the settings and went to bed at 11:30 pm with 51% left. I'm quite happy with the results.

Today I have been using it less, have the screen set to always on, took it off the charger at the same time and right now at 3:16 pm I'm at 75%.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread