Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,128 Members 40,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][4.4.4][golden] SlimKat

Tip us?

jstath1972
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanhia View Post
Will this ROM enable me to use Bluetooth LE/Smart devices with my i8190?

I8190 is too stupid to connect with smart devices via bluetooth anyway.
Nothing else...
...THE END.

Nanhia
Old
(Last edited by Nanhia; Yesterday at 07:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstath1972 View Post
I8190 is too stupid to connect with smart devices via bluetooth anyway.
Is that really true? I read somewhere that the hardware should support it but it requires android 4.3+ to actually function? Or somehow pieced that information together. So was just wondering if a custom ROM like this enables that support or if it requires "special attention" to be included? CyanogenMod 11.0 & Paranoid Android 4.4.4 both list "Bluetooth 4.0 with LE support A2DP" but this ROM seems really nice, so I'm curious whether a) those do enable using BT smart devices and b) if this does as well.

I have a bit of dilemma, as I don't yet have a bluetooth smart device for testing different ROMs, but I'd like to get one if I knew for sure that my phone can handle it if it's updated to 4.3 or 4.4.

jstath1972
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanhia View Post
Is that really true? I read somewhere that the hardware should support it but it requires android 4.3+ to actually function? Or somehow pieced that information together. So was just wondering if a custom ROM like this enables that support or if it requires "special attention" to be included? CyanogenMod 11.0 & Paranoid Android 4.4.4 both list "Bluetooth 4.0 with LE support A2DP" but this ROM seems really nice, so I'm curious whether a) those do enable using BT smart devices and b) if this does as well.

I have a bit of dilemma, as I don't yet have a bluetooth smart device for testing different ROMs, but I'd like to get one if I knew for sure that my phone can handle it if it's updated to 4.3 or 4.4.
This is an awesome rom for our i8190 and the developer is always here for any problem. So regardless of "BT smart devices" you've got to try this rom. Believe me you're going to stick with this.
Nothing else...
...THE END.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jstath1972 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]