Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,393 Members 52,896 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[LIST] KitKat Bloatware || Safe-To-Remove System Apps of 4.4.2

Tip us?

SkinnyHusky
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I removed a few of these and my screen rotation stopped working

Yesterday I uninstalled a few of these apps (using Titanium Backup). Later I noticed that my screen rotation doesn't work anymore. I can still press the navigation bar icon and it lights up, but the screen no longer rotates. Any idea which app caused this problem?

Would the easiest solution be to just do a nandroid restore (I just backed up a few days ago) or Titanium Backup restore?

calebcabob
Old
(Last edited by calebcabob; 13th September 2014 at 05:22 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyHusky View Post
Yesterday I uninstalled a few of these apps (using Titanium Backup). Later I noticed that my screen rotation doesn't work anymore. I can still press the navigation bar icon and it lights up, but the screen no longer rotates. Any idea which app caused this problem?

Would the easiest solution be to just do a nandroid restore (I just backed up a few days ago) or Titanium Backup restore?
You're the first to report this happening. I removed all of these and never had any issues. Ok, so try this… Go into titantium and see which ones you had uninstalled/freezed and post the list of them here. Use the filter option on the top right part of the app view screen… you may find it easiest to just check off the options to view whats frozen and unisnstalled. Then in the app list view, hit the sorting option (top left) and organize by last modified...and post the list here.

I'm not sure that any of these are going to be directly related to screen rotation… we'll see. Do you have xposed installed? You could always use wanam and just check off the option to rotate all views if none of these system apps you uninstalled or had freezed are the culprit. Cuz in that case, Wanam Xposed will at least help you to gain the screen rotation feature back I'd say.
Posted with my XDA Premium VIP Gold app
The Following User Says Thank You to calebcabob For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djshotty
Old
Thanks Meter 185
Just found this thread, the I9505 Ultimate BLOATWARE (remove) List deBLOAT Android 4.3 OFFICIAL (ROOT required!) Thread, with thanks to fAiLOfax...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2514703

Hope this helps...
The name's Shotty, not DJ...

Device: Samsung Galaxy i9505 - Towel-rooted
Radio: I9505XXUGNG2 - (telstra.iph) APN
Kernel: 3.4.0-805641 (Stock)
ROM: Stock KOT.49H-I9505 KK 4.4.2
Launcher: GO Launcher EX v5.03.3

Click HERE for my i9100 'Helper Post'

or HERE for A Great Guide To Fixing A Bricked i9100

blueidexx
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default nice

awesome thanks

xxxtncxxx
Old
(Last edited by xxxtncxxx; 17th September 2014 at 11:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by djshotty View Post
Just found this thread, the I9505 Ultimate BLOATWARE (remove) List deBLOAT Android 4.3 OFFICIAL (ROOT required!) Thread, with thanks to fAiLOfax...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2514703

Hope this helps...
That's cool but our Rom version will have differences compared to the 9505 (I am pretty sure we are in the vzw forum, if not pls forgive me it's sometimes hard to your in the wrong forum on my phone), for the most part its same but there are plenty of carrier related SW that differs from model to model. That is the stuff I really consider bloat.

Also I think there should be separate lists for specific Rom builds, this way we are not comparing apples and oranges. So freezing app X on Rom Y may work fine, but freezing app X on Rom Z may cause issues. Forgive me if I am not making sense just think that's an easy way to prevent issues and whatnot.

Anyways gr8 work its nice to see people still doing the little things in the community, that's what makes XDA what it is.
Tags
freeze, safely, safely remove, system apps, uninstall