Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,981 Members 38,847 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Customized Skins

Tip us?

PcFish
Old
Thanks Meter 88
Hey Lopan, sorry I've been busy. Looks great! Fudged a little at the bottom, but the spider started peeling so I left it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT_20140904_175151.jpg - [Click for QR Code] (122.2 KB, 116 views)

Oditius
Old
Thanks Meter 59

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopan12 View Post
Pictures from anyone else?
My Batman phone might need a little more. Something like this, but instead of Pro, needs to say phone. And not silver. LoL

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Oditius (2 HTC One M8's w/AT&T & Dell Venue Pro II 128GB Tab)
__________________________________________________ _______________________________
Wife says I am spending too much time on computer.

But I do stop when I go to bed, so it's not like I spend 24/7 on it!!!

Lopan12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by PcFish View Post
Hey Lopan, sorry I've been busy. Looks great! Fudged a little at the bottom, but the spider started peeling so I left it.
Looks great! That sucks about the misalignment though. That's the issue with the cutouts, if you have to get it perfect before the design hits the phone, or else it will likely stick, and tear if you don't CAREFULLY remove it, even then, it will probably stretch just enough to bother you. Or me at least...

One method I use if to cut some of the backing off, and protect the adhesive on half or more of the skin, and start laying it down, and trying to see if it will align properly. If not, pull and do again. If yes, remove rest of backing and keep going.
I've been doing vinyl application so long, that I didn't even think to mention it...SORRY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
My Batman phone might need a little more. Something like this, but instead of Pro, needs to say phone. And not silver. LoL

I'm not even sure what I'm seeing...are the window panes mesh? Or textured? .... wonder if I could make the vinyl do that...

Oditius
Old
Thanks Meter 59

DONATE TO ME
It's mesh, if the seller would have used anything but chrome I would have bought it.

__________________________________________________ _______________________________

MoDriouch
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Hi XDA,

This guy is a wrap magician. Superb skills! I love my wrap/design and will order another wrap for sure.
Recommendation to all.

ps. like most phones with curves, applying wraps on the sides will need a heatgun or hair-dryer. That does the trick and lets you align everything perfectly.

HTC One Silver Edition 32GB PVS3

Model: M7-UL Hboot: 1.55 S-OFF Firmware: 5.11.401.10 Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
ROM: Android Revolution HD 71.1 Kernel: ElementalX 14.8 Radio: 4T.27.3218.14_10.33C.1718.01L
CID: HTC E11 / 11111111 SuperCID
MODS: ProjectERA v16.3 & IntenseBlast NORMAL

Samsung Galaxy SIV 16GB GREY

Model: GT-i9505 Recovery: CWM
ROM: CyanogenMod 11.0 Kernel: 3.4.0-CM Radio: I9505XXUEMKE
The Following User Says Thank You to MoDriouch For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brockyneo
Old
Thanks Meter 284

DONATE TO ME
Can anyone do a full matrix skin something like black all round with the green lettering coming down
Sig pic thanks to betoNL

Its not what you think you know its what you know you know

Live today Flash tomorrow

Oditius
Old
(Last edited by Oditius; 17th September 2014 at 10:37 PM.) Reason: :
Thanks Meter 59

DONATE TO ME
cancel that, I am switching the chrome order to a glossy black.. So I won't need it. But a gold oval cutout that I can add the black bat to it....

mjhuffer
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Has anybody found a good quality brushed metal vinyl that is close enough to gunmetal gray variant? I would definitely be interested in a vinyl wrap if I can keep the stock look.
HTC One M8 Gunmetal
Sense Rom: Bad Boyz v1.5
Software Version: 2.16.654.4 Android 4.4.3 Sense 6.0
Kernel: Stock 3.4.0-g5fd9b03
Baseband: 1.08.20.0612_4
Hardware Version: 0005
PRL: 51102
PRI: 2.62_003
Recovery: TWRP 2.8.0.0 thanks to Captain_Throwback
Bootloader: Firewater S-Off & 3.18.0.0000 No Red Text thanks to nfinitefx45 and RegawMod

Lopan12
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oditius View Post
cancel that, I am switching the chrome order to a glossy black.. So I won't need it. But a gold oval cutout that I can add the black bat to it....
come again?

Oditius
Old
Thanks Meter 59

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopan12 View Post
come again?
I was thinking of Black Chrome for my second M8 With the Batman bat on the back in gold. But since I gave up on the chrome wrap, so I asked to change it to the Glossy Black wrap. So I think I need a gold/yellow oval so I can put the bat on it and stick it to the back. I will just pick up that chrome WP Logo, when XDA finally gets the M8 to flash WP. Of course I hope they do it soon, because if AT&T releases the WPM8 I will just sell my 2nd Android M8 and buy the WP version... I guess I could cut the oval out of the glossy black and stick the bat (Thanks again) in it's place using the phones lighter color to make it stick out.