[TWRP_Recovery_2.8.7.0][Unofficial][quincyatt]

Search This thread

gimmeitorilltell

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 6, 2012
Twrp with "F2FS" support has been added to the updated OP! This is the latest 2.7.1.0 and everything seems to be working "EXCEPT" that silly ole vibration! Oh well that's fine without it until I can fix her up. Patch_adams & Polluti0n if you're still working with the f2fs kernel then this should work for ya. Still trying to get this official but I'm certain it will be very very soon!

patch_Adams

May 21, 2013
northwoods USA
Huawei P30 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
Twrp with "F2FS" support has been added to the updated OP! This is the latest 2.7.1.0 and everything seems to be working "EXCEPT" that silly ole vibration! Oh well that's fine without it until I can fix her up. Patch_adams & Polluti0n if you're still working with the f2fs kernel then this should work for ya. Still trying to get this official but I'm certain it will be very very soon!

I haven't been working on android in some time :/ I do know that ad5gb has a kernel that is f2fs compatible. Someone would have to build it from source. I feel retirement coming on for me guys.

Sent from my XT1080 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
I haven't been working on android in some time :/ I do know that ad5gb has a kernel that is f2fs compatible. Someone would have to build it from source. I feel retirement coming on for me guys.

Ahh man are you moving on to another device or is life just getting in the way for ya? Anyhow, whichever it may be, we will all miss you around these parts. I'll let
AD5GB
know about his if he has a kernel compiled already. Thanks for the heads up.

patch_Adams

May 21, 2013
northwoods USA
Huawei P30 Pro
OnePlus 10 Pro
Ahh man are you moving on to another device or is life just getting in the way for ya? Anyhow, whichever it may be, we will all miss you around these parts. I'll let
AD5GB
know about his if he has a kernel compiled already. Thanks for the heads up.

Just life. I'm always busy and don't have the time. I used to come on here everyday now I'm lucky if once a week. I'll continue my roms on a monthly basis for now.

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
New build on deck in the OP! Check it out and let me know? I have flashed this & flashed gapps with it but not much else. I do not use this device much any longer.
Edit: vibrator does not work in the latest build and I'm aware of this. I'll try N fix that when I get time but for now I wanted to share the latest.

Last edited:

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
New build on deck in the OP! Check it out and let me know? I have flashed this & flashed gapps with it but not much else. I do not use this device much any longer.
Edit: vibrator does not work in the latest build and I'm aware of this. I'll try N fix that when I get time but for now I wanted to share the latest.

Flashed it and it looked good..but won't boot system..keeps going back to recovery..lol

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
after flashing 2.8.0.0 turn off the device and back on, I noticed when you reboot after flashing, it ends in a loop going back to recovery...

no go..lol. still stuck in recovery. i dont get it. im going to pull a log and see if i notice errors.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Had to Odin twrp 2.7.

Don't know what went wrong...and of course I thought I had another version of twrp on my sdcard...and didn't..lol. Oh well...all is well now.

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
no go..lol. still stuck in recovery. i dont get it. im going to pull a log and see if i notice errors.

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Had to Odin twrp 2.7.

Don't know what went wrong...and of course I thought I had another version of twrp on my sdcard...and didn't..lol. Oh well...all is well now.
The 2.7 twrp is still on my afh account. I'll look into this more. Guess I should have at least tried flashing a rom.

Reactions: Gil81

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
The 2.7 twrp is still on my afh account. I'll look into this more. Guess I should have at least tried flashing a rom.

I had ur 2.7 version on my laptop..just not my device..lol.

All I did was clear cache and dalvik..flash 2.8 and reboot recovery. It just would not boot system back up. Kept going back to 2.8 recovery. I tried shutting off device and a battery pull. Then dirty flashed current ROM over itself and reboot. Still booted back to twrp. But after I odin'd 2.7 it booted right back to current ROM.

Not sure if that helps and I couldn't get a log..sorry.

Thx for the ongoing support you are giving our old beloved note.:good:

Reactions: gimmeitorilltell

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
2.8.0.0 flashed for me I just get stuck in a loop when I reboot after flashing a rom... its just that once 2.8.0.0 is flashed and you try to reboot system its sends the device into a loop back to recovery.

Reactions: Gil81

Helios909

Jan 12, 2011
Interestingly I came from version 2.7.1.0 (your version) as TWRP versions since 2.6.1.0 have not worked properly on my device, and I installed without a problem, booted into my OS and all was good. Then I rebooted into recovery and was just checking out the new changes, and when I rebooted again, the phone would not boot into anything but recovery or download mode. I tried a variety of things, but no matter what it would only boot into TWRP. Finally the only thing that worked was flashing to CWM, and then flashing back to TWRP 2.6.1.0 and now it booted back into the OS again. Don't know what's going on with that - but it suddenly ocurred to me that I lost 2.7.1.0 in the process, and I don't have a backup. I'm hesitant to install 2.8.0.0 again - where can I find the last version? Regardless, thank you for your great work as your version of TWRP has been the only thing that has worked for my 4.4.4 versions other than CWM.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

2.8.0.0 flashed for me I just get stuck in a loop when I reboot after flashing a rom... its just that once 2.8.0.0 is flashed and you try to reboot system its sends the device into a loop back to recovery.

Yup, I had the same problem except I didn't even flash a new ROM. Does anyone have a version of gimmeitorilltell's 2.7.1.0 for quincyatt? I didn't make a backup. But what got me out of the loop was flashing CWM, then flashing TWRP 2.6.1.0.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

I had ur 2.7 version on my laptop..just not my device..lol.

All I did was clear cache and dalvik..flash 2.8 and reboot recovery. It just would not boot system back up. Kept going back to 2.8 recovery. I tried shutting off device and a battery pull. Then dirty flashed current ROM over itself and reboot. Still booted back to twrp. But after I odin'd 2.7 it booted right back to current ROM.

Not sure if that helps and I couldn't get a log..sorry.

Thx for the ongoing support you are giving our old beloved note.:good:

Same. Does anyone have a copy of 2.7.1.0 gimmeitorilltell's TWRP still?

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
Interestingly I came from version 2.7.1.0 (your version) as TWRP versions since 2.6.1.0 have not worked properly on my device, and I installed without a problem, booted into my OS and all was good. Then I rebooted into recovery and was just checking out the new changes, and when I rebooted again, the phone would not boot into anything but recovery or download mode. I tried a variety of things, but no matter what it would only boot into TWRP. Finally the only thing that worked was flashing to CWM, and then flashing back to TWRP 2.6.1.0 and now it booted back into the OS again. Don't know what's going on with that - but it suddenly ocurred to me that I lost 2.7.1.0 in the process, and I don't have a backup. I'm hesitant to install 2.8.0.0 again - where can I find the last version? Regardless, thank you for your great work as your version of TWRP has been the only thing that has worked for my 4.4.4 versions other than CWM.

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 08:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 PM ----------

Yup, I had the same problem except I didn't even flash a new ROM. Does anyone have a version of gimmeitorilltell's 2.7.1.0 for quincyatt? I didn't make a backup. But what got me out of the loop was flashing CWM, then flashing TWRP 2.6.1.0.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Same. Does anyone have a copy of 2.7.1.0 gimmeitorilltell's TWRP still?

Here is TWRP_2.7.1.0 Even better look at the post BELOW!! 2.8 is working now. Sorry for any troubles with my previous build.

Last edited:
Reactions: dzee206

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
Alright folks I fixed booting into the rom after installing twrp 2.8.0.0! I've booted several times into the rom and flashed my Beanstalk 4.4.4065 build from this recovery as well. It's now working minus that silly little vibrator but I think we can all live without that for some TWRP? Link is in the OP & remember the FIRST unusable 2.8 link read "no_vibrate" in the zip file, this one does NOT!! Enjoy :good:

Those of you with a boot loop try doing a fastboot erase cache and see if that fixes it. That seems to help for the m7 at least.

Thank you buddy, the only thing is samsung does not have fastboot. We have to flash recovery with Odin or from a zip file. I know you've been an HTC guy forever & was unaware of this.

Last edited:

Gil81

May 2, 2013
Lincoln
Alright folks I fixed booting into the rom after installing twrp 2.8.0.0! I've booted several times into the rom and flashed my Beanstalk 4.4.4065 build from this recovery as well. It's now working minus that silly little vibrator but I think we can all live without that for some TWRP? Link is in the OP & remember the FIRST unusable 2.8 link read "no_vibrate" in the zip file, this one does NOT!! Enjoy :good:

Thank you buddy, the only thing is samsung does not have fastboot. We have to flash recovery with Odin or from a zip file. I know you've been an HTC guy forever & was unaware of this.

Thanks..2.8 working great.

Reactions: gimmeitorilltell

oscar the grouch

Aug 15, 2014
MACON
just flashed this using cmr and phone wont boot to recovery or rom

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

i flashed 2.7.1.0 after installing cmr via odin again and that worked.

Then i Flashed 2.8 on top of that. and i can get it back to the os but i cant boot into recovery the screen stays blank.
weird.

gimmeitorilltell

Aug 6, 2012
just flashed this using cmr and phone wont boot to recovery or rom

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

i flashed 2.7.1.0 after installing cmr via odin again and that worked.

Then i Flashed 2.8 on top of that. and i can get it back to the os but i cant boot into recovery the screen stays blank.
weird.

I'm not sure what cmr is? cwm recovery?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I wanted to post this here since I've been busting my tail on an update for a week now. This WILL flash, Backup & Restore android 4.4 roms! USB mounting, internal & external sdcard mounts as well. There are still a few bugs to work out but give it a go & some feedback. It's still a WIP but plenty stable to use daily for now.
    Also anyone interested in flashing the CandyKat sweetener packs, you may now do so with this recovery!!

I am not responsible for misuse, bricks, or exploding devices! Flash at your own risk! You can download the zip file & flash it from within your existing recovery & reboot to recovery.

CREDITS: Javelinanddart for fixing mounts, f2fs, & for fixing vibration for 5.0 & up Disconnecktie && Santod040 I have bugged these guys to death to get this working so Please stop in & thank these guys as well. They are a huge part of the success of this! Obviously this couldn't happen without Omniroms Source! And a huge thanks for
    Dees_Troy for his guide to compiling twrp recovery!!
    TWRP Themes have changed a bit & if you use a them then you'll want to checkout this link.
    THEMING TWRP THE NEW WAY!

What's new in 2.8.7.0

- Initial ground work for software drawn keyboard (_that)
    - Fix handling of wiping internal storage on datamedia devices (xuefer)
    - Allow DataManager to set and read values from the system properties (xuefer)
    - Fix crash when taking screenshots on arm64 devices (xuefer)
    - Fix error message after an ORS script completes (Dees_Troy)
    - Fix crashes / error when creating encrypted backups (_that, Dees_Troy)
    - Add system read only option - more details below (Dees_Troy)
    - Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)
    - Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)
    - Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)

System read only option: Devices that ship with 5.0 and higher as their initial OS are using block level OTA updates. With this style of OTA update, the update script checks to see if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. Further, the script also usually runs an SHA sum of the entire system partition to detect if any changes have been made. If any changes have been made, the OTA update will refuse to install. Since not all OEMs and devices have factory images available, we have created a new feature in TWRP that detects if the system partition has ever been mounted read/write. If not, you will be prompted asking if you want TWRP to mount system as read/write. If you choose not to allow TWRP to mount as read/write, TWRP won't prompt to install SuperSU and TWRP won't try to patch the stock ROM to prevent TWRP from being replaced by stock recovery. The goal of this option is to hopefully allow the user to make a raw system image backup that they can use to get back to a state where they can take OTA updates again.

resize2fs feature: On some devices like the Nexus 6, the factory images include a userdata image that is the proper size only for the 32GB units. If you flash the factory image to a 64GB Nexus 6, the data partition will appear as if it only has the free space of a 32GB device. Using the resize2fs option, TWRP can resize your data partition to take up the full space available. The resize2fs may also be useful to resize system partitions on devices where custom ROM system images don't take up the full partition space. Lastly, resize2fs may be useful in some cases to reserve the proper space at the end of a data partition for a full disk encryption key, should your partition be formatted incorrectly for some reason.

This new version also marks our first set of full builds using our new jenkins build server. You can track the progress of builds at https://jenkins.twrp.me and we have taken additional steps to make it easier for device maintainers to step up and submit patches to our gerrit server at https://gerrit.twrp.me to help us keep devices up to date and working.

THEMING?
    USE 1080P THEMES
    OP updated

I have posted twrp 2.7.0.0 v10 and this seems to have the twrp settings & backup locations in place. This will most likely be the last update for a while from me here as I feel it has been perfected! Enjoy this folks. HERE is the link as in the OP....
    TWRP 2.8.7.0 Live in OP!!!

Folks we have the latest TWRP & we will have F2FS as soon as I build my next candy5 rom! HUGE thanks to @javelinanddart for throwing a hand in at getting these things working!!! Please find him and click on thanks at least once, he deserves it. F2FS has been compiled into this recovery but I'll rebuild it again since I forgot to add it into my kernel defconfig. Look for new & exciting things to come!
    Updated OP with better mount paths & usb mounting working better. Guys if you all test this latest and give feedback, I'm working on getting this to the official site and in Bigbiff's thread. I appreciate your input. I have worked tirelessly to make this work but I may be missing something. Let me know what you find, working or not. I know the vibrate isn't currently working in recovery but I am looking into that.