Bent xperia Z1 !!!

9th September 2014, 02:23 PM   |  #31  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
This exact thing just happened to my phone. I'm at work right now, but it consists of laying alarm wiring. I do not see how keeping it in my front right pocket can do this. I do not have ANY tools in the front right pocket. I have been playing very resource intensive games at the toilet though, and the phone has been extremely hot periodically these last two days. It turned off while playing Road Trip 2 a few hours ago. Pics later when I get off work.

Sorry for the necrobump, but this was the most relevant thread I could find.

Here's the pics: imgur com/a/UWz0b#0
It's laying on its back. I kept it in my front pocket, with the front to my thigh. I really cant see how it would bend that way. I would have to lean into two things hitting the top and bottom of my phone, while my thigh somehow provides tons pf pressure on the edges of the frame only. And no, my pants are not thight.
Last edited by svelemoe; 10th September 2014 at 06:55 AM. Reason: adding pictures
10th September 2014, 02:47 PM   |  #32  
Flag Bridgetown
Thanks Meter: 7

38 posts
Seeing the new pics from @svelemoe , the bend is not in the same place. If it was a design problem would not all the phones have the bends in the same location? I have had mine for a while, and always in my jeans pocket, and I have a very active job where I am outside, always holding over, lifting things, pulling cable and such, but haven't had any damage with my Z1.
When I had my Z though, the screen mysteriously cracked when it was in my pocket while I was sitting. It wasn't broken 5 minutes before when I had it out.
10th September 2014, 02:52 PM   |  #33  
Flag Banda Aceh
Thanks Meter: 308

362 posts
More
After use for 9 months and smashed several times, no bent.
Why are you so trust issues? Think of a few tens of thousands of users xperia z1, why only a few people complaining. [emoji3]
10th September 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #34  

2 posts
I worked in a hardware/lumber store the whole summer with np damage to this phone, so I've been pretty rough with it too. But at this job, where the hsrdest I do is climbing a stepladder, it just bent.

It might be a design flaw spontaneous or not. I have the exact same bend on the charging area as the phone on page 2, it looks like the top of the phone has been lifted parallel to the bottom, the silver trim is bended in the same shape on the front and back. Kind of like '''''''''''''''-----____________ seen from the side.
13th September 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 164

710 posts
More
16th September 2014, 08:13 PM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 13

116 posts
since the phone is waterproof its possible there is tension relieved when the aluminum and glass reaches a certain temp
16th September 2014, 11:16 PM   |  #37  

12 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuready1989

since the phone is waterproof its possible there is tension relieved when the aluminum and glass reaches a certain temp

But how can you reach that temperature with normal use?
Unless you heat it with a oven, it won't bend I think.
17th September 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #38  
Thanks Meter: 13

116 posts
bad apps lol ex. instagram ... it ran my cpu up to %60 while idle and in my pocket, it gets pretty hot ... got so hot it made my hand sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by yulapkan

But how can you reach that temperature with normal use?
Unless you heat it with a oven, it won't bend I think.

18th September 2014, 05:18 AM   |  #39  
LOL, bad apps give Snadragon 800 a sweat!! But it's true............. Also my friend have bend Z1 too, he play Real Racing 3 with highest setting, OC, and play until it can boil water . So maybe there is some tension.....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread