[FIX] Fixing your bricked/black screen DSOD/broken nvflash Tab

Search This thread

djmatt604

Aug 1, 2012
Vancity
Unfortunately It seems not to be the case :(
I left it for 2 weeks with a rubber band and when connecting to the computer there still is the USB sound of a connecting and disconnecting device.
Is the device discharged when staying connected?
If the device had a near full charge when you banded it it could take a long time to wear down....keep it taped up and try again in a week.....only thing I can think of aside from opening the case.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

tonisauffa

Hello guys,
I opened up the case of the tablet (p7510) so I can disconnect the battery (cable).

I installed apx drivers but It do not recognize the tablet neither with nor without battery cable connected!

Exactly what are the steps that I have to do? I have to disconnect the battery cable and then I have to connect the table to the pc?

Thank you

tonisauffa

Hello guys,
I opened up the case of the tablet (p7510) so I can disconnect the battery (cable).

I installed apx drivers but It do not recognize the tablet neither with nor without battery cable connected!

Exactly what are the steps that I have to do? I have to disconnect the battery cable and then I have to connect the table to the pc?

Thank you
No one can help me?
fe33c28b221789560dfd178291a75573.jpg

tonisauffa

Hello guys,

Thank you

Is there someone who wants to help me? Is it possible that this thread is dead?

decatf

Dec 27, 2011
Disconnect the battery then plug it back in. Plug the tablet into the wall socket charger to see if the charging icon shows.

Last edited:
Reactions: tonisauffa

lordofazeroth

Nov 28, 2010
My tablet did not drain, so I unplugged the battery.
After plugging in again the situation is the same.
No boot, no Battery charging, only that sound out of the computer something plugged in, out, in, out etc.
And APX in the control panel.

Dead?

Markiempje2

May 11, 2015
Hey Guys,

thanks for the elaborate guide!
it did not fix my Galaxy tab unfortnunately. I completely discharged the battery with an external battery discharger, popped it back in, and taped the power button untill the voltage dropped under 2.5V. then it stopped showing voltages, so it was completely drained. when i then plug it into the wall socket charger nothing happens. when i connect it to the PC it is recognised as "NVIDAE USB boot-recovery driver for Mobile-devices". it then also started charging the battery...
I can connect with it using NVFlash but i am getting the 0x4 error. Latest posts about this are from 2014, so i hope now mid 2015 someone can give me a topic where someone fixed this maybe?
So bootloader is broken, cant get into download mode, Bootloader is locked, im super stuck.
anyone any tips?

thanks in advance!

Hertz23

Feb 2, 2014
Mizleds, it can work on my tablet?
the android turn on for a 10 minutes then poweroff,
all changes, or factory reset dont make anything, its like the partitions get read only permissions.
i try odin but get bct_sync error
the tried nvflash, and i've 0x04 error in nvflash.
I will follow your tutorial, maybe it work??

guajojo

Oct 5, 2008
Dear Misledz, I cannot thank you enough for being the only solution that brought my galaxy tab to life. For anyone else that tried everything I can assure you this is the only option for a completely dead P7500.
I had this tab gathering dust for a long time before reaching this post so the battery was dead, had to order a new one from aliexpress for 13$, then tried this and now is running stock 4.0
Thanks again!

--------edit--------
The sleep of death comes back if I let the tablet run out of battery, what occurs very fast since the table cannot enter deep sleep.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2016
Samsung Galaxy s 3 tablet 10.1 gt5210

New member here and need to get 10 post for modulator to pm me. Been trying to get help to this old problem that I have now. Some of the xda areas with this issue are old links and can not load page. Need help with samsung Galaxy s 3 tablet 10.1 gt p5210, USA, wifi, never rooted, no sign of life, no lights, no charge icon, nothing.. can someone please help? I recently ordered a usb jig and a usb stick with sd card. What can be done to get up and running and what needs done to prevent this from happening again? I had tried posting here with simular info, username is s3tablet10.1gt5210 . My email is pizzaman320@netzero.com . Please help, email me with short cut to working link or to where other members can assist me. Thanks in advance. Happy Holidays. Peace

Dec 11, 2016
Ok, back at xda after dummy me forget password. I am day or so that USBjig should be arriving. Still need help on samsung Galaxy s 3 tablet 10.1 gt p5210 wifi on what I would need to download to old windows xp pro recently formatted and have service pack 3 . Samsung Galaxy 3 tablet has black screen no lights no charge icon and was never rooted. Any latest help with working links would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Peace

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

Forgot to mention that I have a working samsung Galaxy s 3 tablet gt p5210 wifi that if need to be used for getting an image on to a sd card, witch I don't know how to do but willing to learn if this maybe an option. Thanks. Peace

bollicine

May 22, 2016
Hey Guys,

thanks for the elaborate guide!
it did not fix my Galaxy tab unfortnunately. I completely discharged the battery with an external battery discharger, popped it back in, and taped the power button untill the voltage dropped under 2.5V. then it stopped showing voltages, so it was completely drained. when i then plug it into the wall socket charger nothing happens. when i connect it to the PC it is recognised as "NVIDAE USB boot-recovery driver for Mobile-devices". it then also started charging the battery...
I can connect with it using NVFlash but i am getting the 0x4 error. Latest posts about this are from 2014, so i hope now mid 2015 someone can give me a topic where someone fixed this maybe?
So bootloader is broken, cant get into download mode, Bootloader is locked, im super stuck.
anyone any tips?

thanks in advance!
have you fixed your tab?

Badr-aldeen

Mar 25, 2018
I read all 20 pages from 2012 until 2017
I have same tablet with no sign of life no charge no boot just connect and disconnect to PC
I will try this method although I am thinking of buying eMMC from China I found it it cost 6 $ without shipping and Soldering
hope this work if this method did not work

Riza08

Oct 30, 2019
Hi
Thank you for this solution
I just want to ask, is it possible to fix this issue with nvflash?
Since i have successful result by using this command nvflash --bl bootloader.bin --go which it mean my bootloader is unlocked, however when i try to push CWM I got Bad Data result
Is there any solution to fix this??
I hope someone still active and could help me to make this old tablet alive.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This may or may not work for most but this worked heavily for my 2 units that had the same issue. One with a broken nvflash, the other that faced a bootloop and never booted up again. Took almost a week and I felt almost all hope was gone because the bloody service centre's refused to accept the unit's as they were not purchased from the region, rather online. Scumbag Samsung :mad:.

[!] This is usually a 90% fix for both broken nvflashes/deep sleep of death, considering you haven't drowned your Tab by now with no hope :D. I ask that you kindly attempt this once if you haven't before you QQ to the nearest Samsung center like I did.

- Drain your tablet

And by all mean's do so, The quickest way to get this done in less than 2 days or so (Depending on the battery percent charged) is to get a clear tape and tape around the power button pressed.

- Testing if you have drained it completely/Taped it right.

Connect the tablet via USB to your PC, make sure you have the NV Driver files [http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1130574]

Just install the driver and proceed to the step where it asks about holding down the [Power button] +[ Volume+] and wait for the constant USB connect/disconnect sounds. It also helps to look at Device Manager to see if it still pops up.

When the battery is completely drained it will stop popping up in the device manager, and your ready to go.

MOST IMPORTANT STEP

You have only 1 and only 1 chance per drain to get this done right. Plug it into the socket charger and see if the charging icon should come up, after being fully drained you should see the charge icon should pop up [100% tested and works, this step is annoying but it's the tablet version of taking out the battery and popping it back in] and what ever you do, DON'T BOOT IT UP NORMALLY, instead press [Power Button] + [Volume -] keys and let go when you see the logo to get into fastboot mode.

Select the android buddy with the [Volume +] key and it will boot into Download Mode.

From here on out everything is easy sailing. Get the right firmware and Odin and flash the firmware you require. It doesn't matter what region you are from, the tablet is made to accept any regional firmware BUT the model number should be the same. Which mean's 7500 for 7500 ONLY.

Edit: Since you have only one chance per drain, I suggest you flash a stock firmware rather than flashing CWM to save it, Because CWM would only fix the recovery, It wouldn't fix the damaged bln. The fastest way to get a stock firmware is grabbing the stock firmware from the Overcome thread :D
    The method described in the OP doesn't involve flashing using nvflash. It is an attempt to get the device to out of whatever low level mode it might be stuck in by draining the battery and hoping it will power up again and reset.

It's nearly impossible to tell what exactly the problem each person had. People haven't been posting much information about how they "bricked" it or what the events were that led to the tablet being stuck in this state. So it's hard to tell what exactly the conditions are that this method might work under.
    Hi, I had a quick question before I send my P7510 in for RMA:

The tablet froze during a TWRP flash of pershoot's 9/01 CM9 experimental build. I had to power it off and now it won't power back on. I've drained it a few times (as far as I can tell) by attaching various USB devices to the USB dongle add-on and tried to get it to show that it was charging by plugging it into the wall A/C charger but unfortunately I haven't had any luck. Just a blank screen and a tablet that won't turn on.

Any advice?

that TWRP recovery, if using samsung's release kernel 3.1, needs to have MMC_CAP_ERASE removed from it. please contact the person who built this to have it rebuilt without this functionality in it.
    On another note, Updated the OP
    There's no way to remove the battery since it's like hardbound inside. Drain it to turn it on sir.

Yeah you should get it plugged via APX mode. Press it for 15 secs both then connect it via USB, After that you can hold it down via tape, the power button only.