[App][4.0+] CloudMagic - The beautiful email app that works with all email accounts

Search This thread

Berzerker7

Jan 17, 2010
@stylusbroke is it possible to have archiving also mark as read? That would be great.

Also, I'm getting a bit of delays in receiving email. 5+ minutes. Using Office 365 ActiveSync

Jilke

May 20, 2009
I started using this app, works great, Im really satisfied with it. There is just one thing. When I receive an email, I get the notification always 4-5minutes later.

F

fishinpercolator

Update on Priority Senders/Receivers?

Just wondering if there is an update on implementing the new feature of auto-sorting priority sender and receiver designations for CloudMagic.

Thanks!

.Ejekt

Apr 13, 2009
This is the first app that I've successfully been able to use my exchange account with. However, the lack of a dark theme and dashclock support are preventing me from committing to it.

Michael_W_L

Oct 15, 2010
Port Elizabeth
Out of interest's sake, has the new framework been rolled out yet? Or is it still in testing?

Some more things to add onto the probably MASSIVE list of things people are requesting (and may have requested already):

1. Outlook Aliases support
2. Per folder sync + notifications (I have a different folder which only has emails from a specific address)
3. Have notifications use the image/letter inside circle of the person who sent it for quicker identification.

Still really impressed with the application however!

akulp

Oct 16, 2006
Any news about that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akulp View Post
With last upgrade I can't see unread mail "badge" on subfolders using Exchange mail (exchange 2003).

It only show inbox unread mails...

In previois version I never had that problem.

Any solution?

----------
We are aware of this. It's happening because of the changes we made in the way emails are synced on your phone. Currently, it will only show unread count against your Inbox.

comstyle

Aug 13, 2012
when I delete a message I didn't open it's still marked as unread inside the trash folder.
is this an issue in general or is it an email provider issue?

great app btw :D

new_challenge

Aug 11, 2014
Good app, but when I attach a file larger than 10MB it not work. Anyone help? Is there any configuration I must config?

CallumMarks77

Sep 16, 2011
Bristol
Hi Devs,

I managed to get all my work colleagues using this app a while ago and we all love it just one issue that is really vital for our emails and is really annoying that since the latest UI update its been removed.

this feature is the ability to see an unread count on all folders.
now it seems to only work on the inbox folder....

can this be looked into please?

karthiksuroju

Sep 15, 2014
Any help or feedback would be appreciated.

Sent from G3

We now support server side search as well. Please give us a spin again. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 01:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Hey,

even though the newest update says that you guys got rid of the crashes (which hotreboots my phone), I still get crashes. When back in the system I open cloudmagic and then it wants to send the crashreport. Is there still some ongoing work regarding the crashes?

I am on a SGSII (i9100) and running SlimSabe 4.3.1 reborn version, 170714.

Thanks.

Please email us at hello@cloudmagic.com if you are seeing the crashes with the latest update as well.

---------- Post added at 01:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 PM ----------

I also noticed, that last version is eating a nice piece of battery...

I also removed email account and set all from begging but same problem.

I'm on N4, stock ROM, Semaphore kernel.

After this error and also known bug with not syncing subfolders (exchange) I removed CloudMagic for now...

I hope you'll found quick solutions for all of these bugs.

The recent update has fixed many issues. Do give us a try and email us at hello@cloudmagic.com if you have any issues.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

After this error and also known bug with not syncing subfolders (exchange) I removed CloudMagic for now...

We made some battery optimisation which reduces the battery consumption. If you see CloudMagic reporting high battery usage with the latest update, please email us at hello@cloudmagic.com. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Installed on xperia z yesterday and i had no problems so far. Great work and i can't wait to see more features. Some themes or theming options would be nice to have , we all love a bit of change :) .

Mark all as read option would be another suggestion and the ability to change font size.

Thanks for your inputs. We'll consider adding these features. Cheers!

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

I don't get any notification if a new mail arrived....

edit: now it works?!? Well, will test the app for a few days ;)

Good to know that. Feel free to write us at hello@cloudmagic.com if you need any assistance in using the app. Cheers!

AndroTech

Sep 30, 2007
@karthiksuroju

Is the option available to store the emails in local device storage instead of your server in the latest update? This is a feature requested long back and lots of user are waiting for this feature to try out the app.

katurras

Jan 5, 2010
why not an option to not store emails in the cloud.
I do not know why, but I do not trust any cloud service.
like me, there must be many.
loved using CloudMagic for me is the best
thank you

akulp

Oct 16, 2006
Where can I change lenght of mail sync. As I see, I just see 1 week old emails ...

I'm using Exchange mail.

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

I also noticed that with latest version subfolders sync (again exchange account) still don't work.

In subfolders list you can't see number of unread messages.

This bug is half an year old .... please do something.

karthiksuroju

Sep 15, 2014
Installed on xperia z yesterday and i had no problems so far. Great work and i can't wait to see more features. Some themes or theming options would be nice to have , we all love a bit of change :) .

Mark all as read option would be another suggestion and the ability to change font size.

You should be able to mark an email as read. A left swipe on an email will give you 3 options: Archive, Delete and Mark an email as Read Unread. You can perform these actions on multiple emails using the multi-select feature. All you need to do is tap and hold down an email to enable multi-select mode. Hope this helps!

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:10 AM ----------

Where can I change lenght of mail sync. As I see, I just see 1 week old emails ...

I'm using Exchange mail.

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 AM ----------

I also noticed that with latest version subfolders sync (again exchange account) still don't work.

In subfolders list you can't see number of unread messages.

This bug is half an year old .... please do something.

We sync your emails back to 14 days. There is no option to change the number of days of emails to sync.

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 AM ----------

@karthiksuroju

Is the option available to store the emails in local device storage instead of your server in the latest update? This is a feature requested long back and lots of user are waiting for this feature to try out the app.

No, it is not available. We wanted to push an update where we don't store any emails on our servers. But, we decided against this. Now, we store 14 day incoming and outgoing emails. Reasons why we need cloud:

1. Makes new email notifications reliable
2. Makes app consume less battery and bandwidth
3. Lets CloudMagic surface contextual Cards that get your work done
4. Lets you set reminder for time sensitive emails
5. Makes getting started on multiple devices a breeze

Cheers!

---------- Post added at 07:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 AM ----------

Hi Devs,

I managed to get all my work colleagues using this app a while ago and we all love it just one issue that is really vital for our emails and is really annoying that since the latest UI update its been removed.

this feature is the ability to see an unread count on all folders.
now it seems to only work on the inbox folder....

can this be looked into please?

This is because of the architecture changes we made at our end. Currently, it'll only show unread count beside inbox. We'll consider bringing this feature back. Thanks for spreading a word about CloudMagic :)

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

Is a dark or night theme still in the works?

We are busy building other features. This took a back seat. Will take this up soon.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 AM ----------

@stylusbroke is it possible to have archiving also mark as read? That would be great.

Also, I'm getting a bit of delays in receiving email. 5+ minutes. Using Office 365 ActiveSync

There is no option to do so. I have a work around for you. Enable multi-select mode, select multiple emails, mark them as read and then archive. There shouldn't be such a huge delay! Please send us the diagnostic logs from your device when you see the delay again. Cheers!

---------- Post added at 07:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Good app, but when I attach a file larger than 10MB it not work. Anyone help? Is there any configuration I must config?

You can attach files up to 20MB in size limited to 10MB per file.

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

I started using this app, works great, Im really satisfied with it. There is just one thing. When I receive an email, I get the notification always 4-5minutes later.

There shouldn't be such a huge delay! Please send us the diagnostic logs from your device when you see the delay again. Cheers!

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

Out of interest's sake, has the new framework been rolled out yet? Or is it still in testing?

Some more things to add onto the probably MASSIVE list of things people are requesting (and may have requested already):

1. Outlook Aliases support
2. Per folder sync + notifications (I have a different folder which only has emails from a specific address)
3. Have notifications use the image/letter inside circle of the person who sent it for quicker identification.

Still really impressed with the application however!

We'll consider adding these. Thanks for your inputs

karthiksuroju

Sep 15, 2014
when I delete a message I didn't open it's still marked as unread inside the trash folder.
is this an issue in general or is it an email provider issue?

great app btw :D

We don't mark your emails as read when you delete them. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Any help or feedback would be appreciated.

Sent from G3

Now we do support server side search. Please us a spin now.

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Hey,

even though the newest update says that you guys got rid of the crashes (which hotreboots my phone), I still get crashes. When back in the system I open cloudmagic and then it wants to send the crashreport. Is there still some ongoing work regarding the crashes?

I am on a SGSII (i9100) and running SlimSabe 4.3.1 reborn version, 170714.

Thanks.

The latest update is a lot stable than the previous ones. You can give it a try again!

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

We have addressed battery related issues in our latest update. Give it a try again. If you still see the high battery usage, please email us at hello@cloudmagic.com along with the screenshot showing your battery usage. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

An award winning email app for your Android phone and tablet. Works with Gmail, Exchange, Yahoo, Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Office 365 and any IMAP account.

Feature List

● Works for all types of email
    Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, iCloud, Google Apps, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, AOL and other IMAP accounts.

● Instant push notifications for all types of email services
    Doesn't matter which email service you use, CloudMagic uses the power of cloud to send you reliable push notifications.

● Connected with your favorite tools
    Complete all your work right from the Inbox. Salesforce.com, Zendesk, Pocket, Evernote, OneNote, Trello and MailChimp integrated with your email for quick actions.

● Unified Inbox
    One inbox for all your email accounts.

● Complete support for Microsoft Exchange
    Support for Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013 (ActiveSync, EWS and IMAP)

● Reminders for important emails
    Set reminders to follow up on time sensitive emails.

● Lightning fast, powerful email search
    Search across all your mailboxes in one go. Use the smart search suggestions to quickly get to the email you need.

● Easy on battery and data
    Emails are pushed from the cloud instead of constant polling

● Passcode lock
    Secure your data further by adding a passcode lock.

● CloudMagic in your language
    Available in French, German, Russian and Spanish.

● Support for Android Wear

What's New in v6.1.28

● Support for drafts is finally here!
    ● Material Design for all devices.
    ● New compose experience will help you focus on the email you’re writing.

1.png

2.png

Can't help but wonder how this "high performance index of your emails on the cloud" is actually created. It wouldn't be by sending my (IMAP/Google/Hotmail) username and password to the CloudMagic servers, where it is stored (in plaintext?) and used to log in to my IMAP server to index my emails?

And this is a free service? I wonder how CloudMagic pays for their servers...

Anyway - I'd like to know a bit more about how this works before I'd consider installing this app.
    Hi Guys,

As promised, we have updated CloudMagic with an awesome new feature and some of your feature requests. With CloudMagic Cards, you can now complete your work without leaving your email. Take it for a spin and let me know how it goes. :)

As for those of you who are concerned about the security, we're not turning a deaf ear towards you, we are already hard at work on a brand new architecture which will not save any of your data on our servers. Although I can't commit to an ETA, you can look forward to seeing that in the next couple of months. I'll keep you guys posted on our progress regarding this.

Please chime in with your thoughts and suggestions. :)
    Privacy concerns?

* Why can't you add more than 3 accounts?
    CloudMagic creates a high performance index of your emails on the cloud to offer blazing fast search on mobile. We incur high server costs, hence the restriction. Moreover 3 email accounts are good enough for most users. Having said that, we are continually working on reducing our costs and in turn pass on the benefits to you.

How is this data indexed? Is it encrypted? Single master key? Can we opt out of this indexing service? I'd prefer not having my email indexed by yet another cloud service.
    @qazmi @tuhoops @MFaust @Cortical @CallumMarks77 @leonisk @shivindera @deejayburnout @Frask3r @hadi_rena

Guys,

You asked, we delivered. The new build is up, with an all new tablet interface and multi-select.

On top of that, you can now disable the "Sent from CloudMagic" signature. But we really hope you keep it. :)

Keep your suggestions coming. We are all ears. :)

PS : It might take a couple of hours for you guys to get the update, meanwhile feel free to download the apk off of the original post. Think of it as a little perk for being part of the community.

Cheers,
    Team CloudMagic