Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,166 Members 45,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Hisense Sero 7 Pro General Questions Thread

Tip us?

boonesmi
Old
(Last edited by boonesmi; 18th September 2014 at 07:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
I'm running an old Dopa build which is the only stable rom I found. I tried taktik etc and had some issues, like wifi not staying on, losing settings etc. But that was a few months ago.

I notice lag/hiccups which can sometimes be as much as 5-10s, e,g, when you have lots of apps open and go home, try to run something else etc.

Is going to f2fs fix this? I'm a little afraid to try since I've seen people mention how you need to convert all the partitions, install a new recovery, and it can brick the tablet. So I'd like to try the latest stable rom which can offer me a speed boost, any suggestions? And whether or not f2fs is recommended?

btw also want to thank everyone on XDA for their hard work keeping this little guy alive when everyone else has abandoned it. Its still a great little tablet.
the taktik builds were/are still very much beta, and have several issues.

the new builds (aosp, CM, omnirom) all run really smooth/fast running either ext4 or f2fs

if you want cm or omni check out post 3 (in the link below). aosp is post 4 (the carbon in post6 also looks cool, but ive not tried it yet)
my personal preference is omnirom, with aosp a close 2nd
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2696065

**edit to add**
the wifi issues you mentioned (along with many other bugs/issues) have been fixed in all the current roms i mentioned above

stevenc88
Old
(Last edited by stevenc88; 18th September 2014 at 10:12 AM.) Reason: Fixed formatting
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECrispy View Post
also want to thank everyone on XDA for their hard work keeping this little guy alive when everyone else has abandoned it. Its still a great little tablet.
I agree! A couple of months ago I was in the market for a new tablet. I gathered up the specs that I wanted to see, and the Sero 7 pro met every one of them. Imagine my surprise to find it wasn't still in production! Luckily I got one of the NewEgg refurb units.

I really haven't found what is current that is better than the Sero 7 pro, so I really appreciate everyone who is trying to keep things current.

k8108
Old
Thanks Meter 73
I picked up another Sero 7 Pro last night (my 6th one for family members) . It was such a steal at $40 that I couldn't pass it up. The guy I bought it from was very honest and showed me that everything works except the data port. USB still charges, but he checked it out and found physical damage there.

Anyway, for the person using it, no biggie, but I am interest to know if there is any way to root this without it being hooked up to the computer.

jerbear294
Old
Thanks Meter 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8108 View Post
I am interest to know if there is any way to root this without it being hooked up to the computer.
Assuming you're on stock, Hisense hasn't updated the tablet in months, so the kernel is most likely vulnerable to the exploit used in Towelroot.
Current Device: Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Android 4.4.4_r2 - AOSP - Build DoPa 2.1

Current Development: CyanogenMod for the Slate 7 Plus, Ubuntu Touch for the Sero 7 Pro (M470BSA/USA Model)
DEVELOPMENT TEMPORARILY HALTED - sowwy

Like the Sero 7 Pro? Go to this thread and ask for our own forum and then add this to your signature till we get one.

k8108
Old
(Last edited by k8108; 19th September 2014 at 05:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear294 View Post
Assuming you're on stock, Hisense hasn't updated the tablet in months, so the kernel is most likely vulnerable to the exploit used in Towelroot.
I was actually just reading about this. I'm going to give it a go and see what happens

**So, Towelroot does not root the tablet. In my reading, it seems that towelroot is for 4.4, and the tablet is 4.2.1

So, again, looking for a way to root the tablet without hooking it up to the computer.
The Following User Says Thank You to k8108 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]