[MOD][4.3-Kitkat] Getting AllShareCast (Screen Mirroring) working on rooted devices

Search This thread

Mav41

Nov 15, 2011
Dortmund
its crazy that after all of this time the fix was this simple but all u have to do is add the line wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable to your build.prop & reboot then u should have screen mirroring working with a custom kernel/recovery...all thx go to @esgie

Hi,
it´s great idea but how to solve this?
I tried to add this line in build.prob, but after i´ve done this my handy says alwasy "System stoped"...and suddently rebooted by itself.

Can you please short explain how to add this line?

With build.prop editor from market it doesn´t work..s.o...notepad++ i´m afraid because i should make a copy at pc..than after i add this line copy back on mobil.....:eek:

erwinsie

May 29, 2005
SyDnEy
yes adding that line make the hardware warning dissapear!!!!!! (DN3 rom with Agni Kernel, N7105 LTE)
i could see my phone screen on my LG tv (with miracast dongle setup) but just for the first screen and then screen on tv will not mirroring my mobile anymore. also easy to get reboots.
I dont get why i still need miracast dongle?

and, wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable will this affect anything related to wlan/wifi? i feel my phone now doesnt auto connect to my wifi anymore after reboot.

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

Hi,
it´s great idea but how to solve this?
I tried to add this line in build.prob, but after i´ve done this my handy says alwasy "System stoped"...and suddently rebooted by itself.

Can you please short explain how to add this line?

With build.prop editor from market it doesn´t work..s.o...notepad++ i´m afraid because i should make a copy at pc..than after i add this line copy back on mobil.....:eek:

i use root explorer. just find the file, tap and hold choose edit with text editor or something like that, add that magic line, save. it will create backup automatically

KingP1n

Jan 1, 2011
yes adding that line make the hardware warning dissapear!!!!!! (DN3 rom with Agni Kernel, N7105 LTE)
i could see my phone screen on my LG tv (with miracast dongle setup) but just for the first screen and then screen on tv will not mirroring my mobile anymore. also easy to get reboots.
I dont get why i still need miracast dongle?

and, wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable will this affect anything related to wlan/wifi? i feel my phone now doesnt auto connect to my wifi anymore after reboot.

---------- Post added at 05:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 AM ----------

i use root explorer. just find the file, tap and hold choose edit with text editor or something like that, add that magic line, save. it will create backup automatically

And do you still add the custom lib engine file from this thread? Or simply adding this line in build.prop sld suffice? Thanks.

erwinsie

May 29, 2005
SyDnEy
And do you still add the custom lib engine file from this thread? Or simply adding this line in build.prop sld suffice? Thanks.

no just add the line in build.prop.
but as i said it wasnt perfect maybe need add the custom lib engine too, but its way too complicated for me i have not dare to try.

Mav41

Nov 15, 2011
Dortmund
Hi,

now i used root explorer too....could add this line....but it still doesn´t work :(
(I has installed DN3 v5.2 at my mobile Note 2 LTE)
When i´m going to use smart view on mobile always shows a message " not possible" !
Should i still copy the custom lib engine into the mobile?
Any suggestions ??

Greetings

Last edited:

erwinsie

May 29, 2005
SyDnEy
Hi,

now i used root explorer too....could add this line....but it still doesn´t work :(
(I has installed DN3 v5.2 at my mobile Note 2 LTE)
When i´m going to use smart view on mobile always shows a message " not possible" !
Should i still copy the custom lib engine into the mobile?
Any suggestions ??

Greetings

if you see this http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54516532&postcount=16
the poster said no need to add the lib file.
i dont know, im not expert. but as i said i still need cheap chinese miracast dongle plug in in the back of my smart tv to connect. also the mirroring is not perfect. but at least the hardware error message is now dissapear, i can find my dongle easily.

erwinsie

May 29, 2005
SyDnEy
To mav41 have you restart or reboot your phone after adding?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Dan_Aykroyd

Feb 10, 2010
It Works!

its crazy that after all of this time the fix was this simple but all u have to do is add the line wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable to your build.prop & reboot then u should have screen mirroring working with a custom kernel/recovery...all thx go to @esgie

Awesome! Just confirming that it works on Note 3 SM-N900 with 4.4.2 stock ROM and kernel and only custom TWRP recovery.

To mav41 have you restart or reboot your phone after adding?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just reboot. I added the line, restarted and after that the phone connects fine to the blu ray / smart TV and the dreaded "hardware error" message don't appear anymore :laugh:

Gemch

Oct 27, 2010
Lima

It works on Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500 and Samsung Galaxy Tab S T800 with KK 4.4.2 stock ROM and root. :good:

Dan_Aykroyd

Feb 10, 2010
Awesome! Just confirming that it works on Note 3 SM-N900 with 4.4.2 stock ROM and kernel and only custom TWRP recovery.

Lately, I noticed that I've starting having random disconnects or wifi errors (not login in automatically) several times through the day. I remember reading in some post, some other user saying that adding that "hdcp" line to the build.prop gave him problems with the wifi too...

Are any of you experiencing the same issues?

gsms

Sep 6, 2014
Please, guys,
share this application - Allshare Cast.apk
I cannot find it anywhere...

THANKS IN ADVANCE :)

peter7769

Oct 9, 2012
Hi
Just wanted to say thanks for the fix, it worked perfectly on my Note 2 android 4.3 rooted but running stock Rom

Pete

rk7987

May 11, 2011
Lately, I noticed that I've starting having random disconnects or wifi errors (not login in automatically) several times through the day. I remember reading in some post, some other user saying that adding that "hdcp" line to the build.prop gave him problems with the wifi too...

Are any of you experiencing the same issues?

I think its due to Different handsets, yours being Note 3 using Note 2's fix.

redmingo

Jan 10, 2013
Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1426146474819.jpg
    1426146474819.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 847
Reactions: Wout2426

kos25k

Nov 15, 2012
guys please help me to manage this work on galaxy tab 3 8.0 4.2.2! imanaged to make this work on 4.4.2 but jellybean is more stable. anyone help me? please!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

AllShare Cast is Samsung's implementation of Screen Mirroring.
    It refuses to work on a modified devices by showing this message:

attachment.jpg

The best solution is to patch the file libWFD_ENGINE.so in this folder /system/lib to disable the HDCP protection.
    And for my own use I managed to patch this file for the latest Roms kitkat (android 4.4.2) by following this quick guide:
    download and install IDA Pro
    2. download and install WinHEx
    3. download and install any text compare util
    4. Open patched and unpatched version lib file of the same device (any device) with IDA
    5. get text output of both files to the text compare utility
    6. find the 3 differences. analyze where they are in the file (look for seacrhable text patterns)
    7. open YOUR device's unpacthed lib file with IDA pro
    8. find the correspondances found on step 6 in your own file.
    9. note the line number (hex address) of each 3 correspondances
    10. now open all 3 files on Winhex
    11. jump to the noted hex addresses and change the bytes according to the difference of 2 files of the same device.
    12. make the change on your own file and save.

Thanks to mrmrmrmr for the quick guide.

for the comparison I used the Exynos 5410 files from this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2621550
    Thanks to sorg

I am happy to share it with you but:
    • Apply the fix at your own risk.
    • Recommend to take a backup before.
    • Tested on my N7100 with last official firmware UFND3
    • I don't promise any technical support

You are free to use the fix in your roms, a little mention will be appreciated :)

How to:
    Extract and replace the file libWFD_ENGINE.so with root explorer
    in this folder: /system/lib
    and give it the right permitions: rw-r--r-- then restart

For 4.3 roms

the file was patched thanks to doandu1234

the MOD tested on all 4.3 roms and it works perfectly.

for DDUEML3/4 users:
    Do Not Flash The File....will cause bootloop
    Just extract and manually replace the file
    Download: View attachment AllShare_Cast_fix.zip

Click "Thanks" if this helps...:)

Thread Updated
    I managed to patch the file for the latest Roms kitkat (android 4.4.2)
    Thread Updated
    I patched the file for the latest official Note II firmware UFND3 kitkat
    And everything works fine, the sound too.
    Can I just replace this file in filemanager with root?

yes you can by by replacing the file:
    libWFD_ENGINE.so
    in this folder:
    /system/lib
    and give it the right permitions: rw-r--r-- then restart
    do i need allshare cast dongle for this to work?, mine is a samsung smart tv c5 series.

Yes, you must have a dongle or a supported smart tv.