Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,801 Members 40,232 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q&A/T For [2014][Pre-Rooted][Stock]System Version 6.3.3-Original Kindle Fire Only

Tip us?

stras1234
Old
Thanks Meter 31
not anymore. Thanks @sd_shadow for combining the new thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/kind...6-3-3-t2814955

it has the files and instructions for rooting and installing google play
and instructions how to install FFF & TWRP without a factory cable (which isnt even necessary now to get root - no need to downgrade or flash pre-rooted 6.3.3)

THANKS!
The Following User Says Thank You to stras1234 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

quarky42
Old
(Last edited by quarky42; 9th August 2014 at 06:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 39
Trying to install update-kindle-prerooted.6.3.3.v1.zip (coming from 6.3.2 rooted): I had TWRP 2.6.0.0 and got stuck on "Doing Some Stuff". I loaded TWRP 2.7.1.0 and got stuck at the same place. I installed "zip-Cannibal-Open-Touch-Recovery-2.1.zip" instead and with that recovery I was able to get 6.3.3 installed. It's sitting on the animated "kindle fire" logo right now for a while (which I expect because of wiping both cache and davlik cache).

Update: First boot finished. That took 4 or 5 minutes. (no biggie)

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,476

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by quarky42 View Post
Trying to install update-kindle-prerooted.6.3.3.v1.zip (coming from 6.3.2 rooted): I had TWRP 2.6.0.0 and got stuck on "Doing Some Stuff". I loaded TWRP 2.7.1.0 and got stuck at the same place. I installed "zip-Cannibal-Open-Touch-Recovery-2.1.zip" instead and with that recovery I was able to get 6.3.3 installed. It's sitting on the animated "kindle fire" logo right now for a while (which I expect because of wiping both cache and davlik cache).

Update: First boot finished. That took 4 or 5 minutes. (no biggie)
Good, I should update instructions to recommend 2.2.2.1 or COTR
Don't know maybe newer twrps only work with a data wipe/factory reset

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future

dja2k
Old
Thanks Meter 17
What is the difference with the newer update-kindle-6.3.3_D01E_4112920.zip and update-kindle-prerooted.6.3.3.v1.zip? Also I installed the update-kindle-prerooted.6.3.3.v1.zip without any problems in flashing, thanks great ROM! Anyways I have a minor issue. I don't know if it stayed in my device or it downloaded them again, but I have two books that I can't seem to delete permanently. I show them in the cloud and in the device and when I click, delete, nothing happens. One of them in the device doesn't even show delete. Do you know in what folder they should be in so I can go manually delete them? They are not in the default Documents. Maybe some cache from those books stayed behind. Thanks!

dja2k
Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (16GB, Marble White)
[ROM] SR Remix KitKat v1 (I605VRUFND7) [MODEM] I605VRUEMJ9
[KERNEL] Stock [THEME] Stock [RECOVERY] Philz Touch 6.41.6-i605

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013 (16GB, White)

[ROM] Android Revolution HD 11.2 (N8000XXCMJ3)
[KERNEL] Stock [THEME] Stock [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.1

sd_shadow
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,476

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dja2k View Post
What is the difference with the newer update-kindle-6.3.3_D01E_4112920.zip and update-kindle-prerooted.6.3.3.v1.zip? Also I installed the update-kindle-prerooted.6.3.3.v1.zip without any problems in flashing, thanks great ROM! Anyways I have a minor issue. I don't know if it stayed in my device or it downloaded them again, but I have two books that I can't seem to delete permanently. I show them in the cloud and in the device and when I click, delete, nothing happens. One of them in the device doesn't even show delete. Do you know in what folder they should be in so I can go manually delete them? They are not in the default Documents. Maybe some cache from those books stayed behind. Thanks!

dja2k
update-kindle-6.3.3_D01E_4112920.zip is the original stock rom
No support via PM! Please ask in a public thread, that's what the forums are for.
Notify me by Posting @sd_shadow in thread I'll help you as much as I can...
Always in motion is the future

dja2k
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_shadow View Post
update-kindle-6.3.3_D01E_4112920.zip is the original stock rom
Thanks! Also as an update, I was able to clear the cache of Launcher.apk and that did the trick to fix my books issue.

dja2k
Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (16GB, Marble White)
[ROM] SR Remix KitKat v1 (I605VRUFND7) [MODEM] I605VRUEMJ9
[KERNEL] Stock [THEME] Stock [RECOVERY] Philz Touch 6.41.6-i605

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8013 (16GB, White)

[ROM] Android Revolution HD 11.2 (N8000XXCMJ3)
[KERNEL] Stock [THEME] Stock [RECOVERY] TWRP 2.6.3.1
Tags
root, update 6.3.3