Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,000 Members 50,752 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[4.4.x]Omni Nightlies for Find 7a/7s

Tip us?

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 24,358

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by beton87 View Post
Anybody had an issue when totally discharged battery to 0% ?
Now I have it plugged in, backlight of screen is on, when I press power key it shows charging, constantly 0%. Battery is now even warm. This is for 15 minutes or so and when I try to turn it on it displays an error "Battery is too low, charger the phone before turning on" (error with an error). 12th Nightly.
Any tips before I start to panic?
Odd. I've run my 7a down to 0 quite a few times (I am daily-drivering the 7s and sometimes forget that I left the 7a on) and never had issues charging it up from the red bootloader charging screen. IMO Oppo's low-battery charging is VERY poorly designed. The Find 7 family is the ONLY device I know of that powers on the screen when the battery is critically low. With Sonys, you get a red LED that tells you you've plugged in when the battery is critically low. We had LPM charging issues with the 7a long ago, but I fixed those 2-3 months ago.

Unless maybe Max broke LPM with https://github.com/omnirom/android_k...baf1195a38be8d ...

Quote:
How did you charge the battery directly? I was thinking of getting a power supply unit or disassemble an old charger to attach the wires directly to battery, but that was not very safe.

I would really like to know how I fixed my find 7a but i got back home quite drunk after party and don't remember what I did.
Then I took it of normal charger in the morning with battery fully charged :P
I've "juiced" my Galaxy S2 and Note batteries a few times with an adjustable power supply that has both voltage and current limits.

You need a PS that has both a current limit and voltage limit. Voltage limit for most Li-Ions is 4.2 volts, although many Oppos are a special chemistry that is 4.35V. But charging with a 4.2 limit is the safest. I usually set the current limit to 1A.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

patzek
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I can confirm the problem with charging up from zero as I also have the this on my Find7a. Currently I'm using my second battery to start the telphone, plug in the charger when phone is up and then switch the battery. And after a few seconds, maybe 10 or 20, I reboot the device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512 View Post
Odd. I've run my 7a down to 0 quite a few times (I am daily-drivering the 7s and sometimes forget that I left the 7a on) and never had issues charging it up from the red bootloader charging screen. IMO Oppo's low-battery charging is VERY poorly designed. The Find 7 family is the ONLY device I know of that powers on the screen when the battery is critically low. With Sonys, you get a red LED that tells you you've plugged in when the battery is critically low. We had LPM charging issues with the 7a long ago, but I fixed those 2-3 months ago.

Unless maybe Max broke LPM with https://github.com/omnirom/android_k...baf1195a38be8d ...

I've "juiced" my Galaxy S2 and Note batteries a few times with an adjustable power supply that has both voltage and current limits.

You need a PS that has both a current limit and voltage limit. Voltage limit for most Li-Ions is 4.2 volts, although many Oppos are a special chemistry that is 4.35V. But charging with a 4.2 limit is the safest. I usually set the current limit to 1A.

maxwen
Old
(Last edited by maxwen; Yesterday at 09:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4,517

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Hm - oppo had actually no special charger boot mode before
But I have an idea

Entropy512
Old
Senior Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 24,358

DONATE TO ME
Hopefully today's nightly should fix the regressions with offmode charging:

https://github.com/omnirom/android_k...ab77a5b4c350b5

Oh, BTW, Max (and anyone else that uses Gerrit) - If you want to get rid of those annoying merge commits, click "rebase" just before merging in Gerrit.
*so much sig updating needed*

My Github profile - Some Android stuff, some AVR stuff

An excellent post on "noobs vs. developers"

A few opinions on kernel development "good practices"

Note: I have chosen not to use XDA's "friends" feature - I will reject all incoming "friend" requests.

Code:
<MikeyMike01> Smali is a spawn of hell
<shoman94> ^^^ +!
Code:
<Entropy512> gotta be careful not to step on each other's work.  :)
<Bumble-Bee> thats true
<jerdog> compeete for donations

beton87
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Great news. Anybody tested it yet?
And what about that qualcomm caf update that should fix audio bug on headphones while waking up device with power button?
Also noticed weird sounds when using Spotify and opening links in chrome. Weird because it does not happen in Music app.

maxwen
Old
Thanks Meter 4,517

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Oh, BTW, Max (and anyone else that uses Gerrit) - If you want to get rid of those annoying merge commits, click "rebase" just before merging in Gerrit.
yeah - been always too lazy

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

Quote:
And what about that qualcomm caf update that should fix audio bug on headphones while waking up device with power button?
this is still WIP and not ready to merge
I have a version where its fixed :P
The Following User Says Thank You to maxwen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

theevilworm
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Good news everyone, OppoStyle support will send you a new battery if yours is dead and cannot be revived. My replacement is gonna shipped this week.
OPPO Find 7a | ColorOS 2.0 beta with XPosed Framework