Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,679 Members 41,406 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][AOSP] S4 Google Edition [SafeStrap]

Tip us?

nick.koutrelakos
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by marbertshere View Post
This was posted on the Verizon thread. I'm pretty sure the dialer code is a Verizon thing but you can try it out. Other than that, maybe flash modems? I'm assuming you've searched this thread. Anyways, Here it is:

The following was posted earlier by user RyaNov133.

For those of you who have gone into Settings > More Settings > Mobile Networks > Preferred Network Type and then selected "LTE (recommended) from the list without any selected, here is what you do to get your service back.

I had done this because, hey nothing was selected, might as well select it right? Afterwards I lost all service and continually got a "Mobile Network Not Available" message whenever I tried to place a call. To fix this, I did the following:

1. Open Phone app to the dialer
2. Type *#*#4636#*#*
3. A testing menu should appear
4. Tap "Phone Information"
5. Scroll down until you see "Set Preferred Network Type"
6. Tap the dropdown menu and select "LTE/CDMA auto (PRL)"
7. Enjoy having your service back!

Just remember not to touch any mobile network settings and you should be fine.

This happens because (I believe, correct me if I'm wrong) the ROM was made for AT&T phones running on a GSM network, therefore the mobile network settings are programmed to try and pick up a GSM network, while our phones can only receive a CDMA connection. When you selected LTE (recommended) from the Mobile Network settings, it was referring to a GSM network.
You can also download Radio Switcher , which is an app that gets you to this hidden menu.

npjohnson
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Guys! I have an idea on the USB MTP Issue...

As many already know, TWRP 2.8 was just released, if someone wants to rebuild SafeStrap with a 2.8 base... it includes support for USB MTP.

So it isn't a fix, but if you wanted to copy files, all you would have to do is to reboot to recovery (SafeStrap) and then copy your files.

kevinco1
Old
Thanks Meter 69
If you guys want to mount both the internal/external SD card through USB try MoboRobo. Works like a charm!

http://www.moborobo.com/products/moborobo.html
AT&T Galaxy S4 SGH-I337
[AOSP] S4 Pure Nexus Edition
Safestrap 3.72

npjohnson
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Default Definite way to get USB MTP, just above my head.

Surge recently reenabled unsigned kernel modules, so if someone wants to pull the Google Edition USB MTP Kernel Module from the Original Google edition Rom, then just implement Surges kernel modules fix (Thread: If we are serious about unlocking the bootloader) on the VZW S4 forum.

In theory that should work, Ill attempt tonight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to npjohnson For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Raymondlikesroot
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by npjohnson View Post
Surge recently reenabled unsigned kernel modules, so if someone wants to pull the Google Edition USB MTP Kernel Module from the Original Google edition Rom, then just implement Surges kernel modules fix (Thread: If we are serious about unlocking the bootloader) on the VZW S4 forum.

In theory that should work, Ill attempt tonight.
Thanks! I'm looking forward to that!
leave a thanks if i helped! Raymond

bamige1
Old
Thanks Meter 3
any luck?