Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD] Enable Phone Calling / Incoming & Outgoing free calls [Google Voice users]

Tip us?

maamdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturin View Post
How would I change the outgoing call setting on an N5? I need to setup wifi calling of some sort but haven't been able to figure it out. Missed a couple job opportunities.
How would you miss calls with the outgoing call setting? Wouldn't a missed call be an incoming call? If you are looking for a job and need a reliable phone, you should just pop for a $45 straight talk sim for a month. It's a decent plan. unlimited talk/text and 3GB of LTE data.

Though, this topic is for the nexus 7. You may want to check the nexus 5 forum for information on this topic.

Best of luck with the job hunt.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nocturin
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by maamdroid View Post
How would you miss calls with the outgoing call setting? Wouldn't a missed call be an incoming call? If you are looking for a job and need a reliable phone, you should just pop for a $45 straight talk sim for a month. It's a decent plan. unlimited talk/text and 3GB of LTE data.

Though, this topic is for the nexus 7. You may want to check the nexus 5 forum for information on this topic.

Best of luck with the job hunt.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thanks for the luck with the job hunt. Would you be willing to buy that 45$ sim for me? That's kinda the issue, person.... I can't afford a plan or even the cheapest solution that I've found, 5$ for 500 outgoing minutes, but can't even get that setup because the phone tries for the mobile operator even though it's in airplane mode.. Once upon a time I could use talk/ google voice. Can't do that now and hangouts doesn't have VOip on ze 'droid yet.

The best solution i've found is with a SIP provider, but that gives me only free incoming calls. It's decent and works through the stock dialer, I just for the life of me can't figure out how to get it to use it for outgoing calls too, even when selected as primary phone. I thought I could use google voice, like in the guide, but it didn't work. Missed opportunities due to the way that google voice worked and in conjunction with terrible cell phone service, missed a call today and didn't get the voicemail through google voice till 5:15pm. If anyone has a method for free outgoing calls too, i'd be stoked, haven't found one yet.
Currently on Hiatus. I will update when and where I can, but I'll be back more consistently in the future!

Samsung Galaxy Relay 4G/ApexQ Information Portal

Relay 4G Wikia Help us by adding your own contributions!

maamdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Sell your nexus 5 and get a cheaper phone and use the extra money to buy service.

Then get job and make money. Once you have that you can buy stuff you can afford and don't ask people to pay for your basic needs.

Problem solved...Take care of your basics before buying nice to have things.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

spartacus279
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Thanks for posting this, I would really like to try this but I was wondering if this would still work on CleanRom , I am also using a lot of xposed modules , would it still work or would I get a boot loop? Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone: Google Nexus 4 /HTC One
Tablet: Google Nexus 7 (2013)

Jg
Old
(Last edited by Jg; 21st August 2014 at 03:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 8
guys i got a question..
Ehm google voice is only in USA and canada? or go this also in europe? (germany/austria)?

Thx for any Answer !

OK i got it now..but it dont work on liquid smooth 4.4!

next days i will try it on a 4.3 rom!

graphdarnell
Old
Thanks Meter 115
I wonder if there's anything that works beside CallCentric. The way it takes you on a meandering ride beginning with innocuous requests for personal information ("your real name, your real address, your .... And how about 911 calls? How about this and that...") before popping up the bait: "how about your credit card number?" Why, "due to abuses, we need to have it on file," so forth... Give me the creeps. Sorry OP, don't mean to appear I'm questioning your good intentions and help.

gots2beme
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Tried this a few times now, all I'm getting is boot loops. Does this still work??